OpenSEMC-U (Unofficial OpenSEMC)
Android 4.2.2 (CM-10.1) for the Xperia S
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead pets, thermonuclear * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, We will * laugh at you. Loud and hard. */
This is an OpenSEMC build based on RaymanFX's standard OpenSEMC built off from the CM 10.1 tree. It's basically the same as OpenSEMC RC2, so it has the same features - and also problems - as RC2, except where otherwise explicitly stated below.
The idea behind this build is to give the OpenSEMC-CM 10.1 builds a better "closure", by trying to fix the most glaring and long standing bugs that were left on RC2, so that those that (like me) aren't ready to jump into the alphas of CM 10.2, and prefer using a more stable ROM for the time being can have a safe haven, until CM 10.2 (and then CM 10.3, I suppose) are stabilized...
Because of that, don't expect updates to this ROM - since it's meant as a "closure" of the CM 10.1 builds, I don't intend to update or add new features to this ROM. Maybe I'll provide bugfixes if they are relevant enough and easy enough to do. Then again, the source is posted on Github (link on the downloads section), so if you've got an itch to scratch, feel free to poke at it, and I'll be happy to merge back any changes you send my way.
With that said, here is what it brings new over RC2:
- Kernel based on Kernel755 from @someone755, version R3, with the following changes:
- Built with the Linaro toolchain
- Merged Sony's 6.2.B.1.96 sources, and hence bringing the fix to the Vol+ bug and some tweaks to memory management
- Added sakuractive governor
- Removed some non-working / buggy governors
- Disabled CPU overclock (GPU Scaling left enabled though)
- Hangouts mute Mic fixed (also fixes some VOIP softphones that haven't worked since RC1, like CSIPSimple)
- Updated blobs = lagless 1080P videos, with fast camera startup.
- Fixed TWRP backup/restore
- Multi-card reader support
- Sync'd with latest CM sources (as of Dec 20th, 2013).
You can flash this on top of your current OpenSEMC RC2, just wipe cache and dalvik afterwards.
@RaymanFX : This is all his work, really. All I've done with this is cherry-picking the required commits, tweaking and fixing a few things and building it. So, 99.99999% of the work is all his (and whoever else contributed to his work). That's also the reason I decided to name this ROM OpenSEMC-U instead of some different fancy name - I've put relatively too little work into this to take any credit for it.
@someone755 : For his kernel and for inspiring me, probably unknowningly, to (finally) getting this done.
@letama : for his work and excellent documentation.
& Everyone else who helped the above in any way, at any point.
OpenSEMC-U, a ROM for the Sony Xperia S
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod OpenSEMC
Last Updated 2013-12-22