FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][CM-10.1] OpenSEMC-U (U for Unofficial)

222 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

By cronot, Senior Member on 1st November 2013, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

OpenSEMC-U (Unofficial OpenSEMC)
Android 4.2.2 (CM-10.1) for the Xperia S

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h> 
/*  
 * Your warranty is now void.  
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead pets, thermonuclear  
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these  
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and  
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, We will  
 * laugh at you.  Loud and hard.
 */
THIS IS NOT CM 10.2 / Android 4.3. HEAD OVER RAYMAN's THREAD FOR THAT.

This is an OpenSEMC build based on RaymanFX's standard OpenSEMC built off from the CM 10.1 tree. It's basically the same as OpenSEMC RC2, so it has the same features - and also problems - as RC2, except where otherwise explicitly stated below.

The idea behind this build is to give the OpenSEMC-CM 10.1 builds a better "closure", by trying to fix the most glaring and long standing bugs that were left on RC2, so that those that (like me) aren't ready to jump into the alphas of CM 10.2, and prefer using a more stable ROM for the time being can have a safe haven, until CM 10.2 (and then CM 10.3, I suppose) are stabilized...

Because of that, don't expect updates to this ROM - since it's meant as a "closure" of the CM 10.1 builds, I don't intend to update or add new features to this ROM. Maybe I'll provide bugfixes if they are relevant enough and easy enough to do. Then again, the source is posted on Github (link on the downloads section), so if you've got an itch to scratch, feel free to poke at it, and I'll be happy to merge back any changes you send my way.

With that said, here is what it brings new over RC2:
  • Kernel based on Kernel755 from @someone755, version R3, with the following changes:
    • Built with the Linaro toolchain
    • Merged Sony's 6.2.B.1.96 sources, and hence bringing the fix to the Vol+ bug and some tweaks to memory management
    • Added sakuractive governor
    • Removed some non-working / buggy governors
    • Disabled CPU overclock (GPU Scaling left enabled though)
  • Hangouts mute Mic fixed (also fixes some VOIP softphones that haven't worked since RC1, like CSIPSimple)
  • Updated blobs = lagless 1080P videos, with fast camera startup.
  • Fixed TWRP backup/restore
  • Multi-card reader support
  • Sync'd with latest CM sources (as of Dec 20th, 2013).

Click here to Download OpenSEMC-U

You can flash this on top of your current OpenSEMC RC2, just wipe cache and dalvik afterwards.

Thanks
@RaymanFX : This is all his work, really. All I've done with this is cherry-picking the required commits, tweaking and fixing a few things and building it. So, 99.99999% of the work is all his (and whoever else contributed to his work). That's also the reason I decided to name this ROM OpenSEMC-U instead of some different fancy name - I've put relatively too little work into this to take any credit for it.
@someone755 : For his kernel and for inspiring me, probably unknowningly, to (finally) getting this done.
@letama : for his work and excellent documentation.
& Everyone else who helped the above in any way, at any point.

XDA:DevDB Information
OpenSEMC-U, a ROM for the Sony Xperia S

Contributors
cronot
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod OpenSEMC

Version Information

Created 2013-11-01
Last Updated 2013-12-22
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to cronot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronot Ad-Free

1st November 2013, 07:37 PM |#2  
Flag Palakkad
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Awesome work mate. Thanks. This work is much appreciated.
1st November 2013, 07:52 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 16,604

Donate to Me
More
Nice one!
Did the supoosed 'fix' I mentioned in our pm conversation work or did you figure it out on your own?

Anyways, thanks for bringing some shivering glory of up-to-dateness to my old builds
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RaymanFX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 07:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Campinas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymanFX

Nice one!
Did the supoosed 'fix' I mentioned in our pm conversation work or did you figure it out on your own?

Anyways, thanks for bringing some shivering glory of up-to-dateness to my old builds

No, those permissions you mentioned were already in place. Analyzing more recent commits on your repo (on the CM 10.2 branch), I've given a shot at this: https://github.com/fernandofig/OpenS...b39c7b6b499f4f , and sure enough, it worked. I figured it could be the problem because after talking to you I've tried using Focal and other third-party Camera apps, and they didn't have the preview freezing problem, so I figured the problem should be something in the app config.

But thanks for the help anyway, and for the kind words
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cronot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronot Ad-Free
1st November 2013, 08:22 PM |#5  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 276

More
If I flash the old blobs is the volume up still fixed and the purple tint in photos(both bugs in .211 firmware)?
1st November 2013, 08:33 PM |#6  
Flag ERBIL
Thanks Meter: 97

More
if you can fix the video drivers that would be awesome
thanks
happy to see new dev. in the section
1st November 2013, 08:42 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Campinas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan17

If I flash the old blobs is the volume up still fixed and the purple tint in photos(both bugs in .211 firmware)?

No, vol+ fix won't be affected by flashing the extra zip. I can't say about the purple tint though, I never noticed it myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cronot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronot Ad-Free
2nd November 2013, 03:14 PM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 183

More
whats the difference between opensemc rc2 n this one...??
2nd November 2013, 03:19 PM |#9  
YOUR BACKYARD
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush95

whats the difference between opensemc rc2 n this one...??

What the *#%^..
read the OP:
Quote:

With that said, here is what it brings new over RC2:
Kernel based on Kernel755 from @someone755, version R3, with the following changes:
Built with the Linaro toolchain
Merged Sony's 6.2.B.1.96 sources, and hence bringing the fix to the Vol+ bug and some tweaks to memory management
Added sakuractive governor
Removed some non-working / buggy governors
Disabled CPU overclock (GPU Scaling left enabled though)
Hangouts mute Mic fixed (also fixes some VOIP softphones that haven't worked since RC1, like CSIPSimple)
Updated blobs = lagless 1080P videos.

2nd November 2013, 06:03 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
can someone help me out please.
once i had the option to switch the phone on with the volume+ button, then after an update it was gone.
now it's back again but i can't find theoption anymore.

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app
2nd November 2013, 07:20 PM |#11  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 1,403

Donate to Me
More
Wow, I'm actually useful for once! c:
Downloading, thanks

*flies away to mess up the governors even more*
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to someone755 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift someone755 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)