* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
What do i need?
-Lg Driver installed (available on lg website)
-CydiaImpactor (the zip)
Where can i download these files?
Impactor is available on cydiaimpactor.com for:
Windows: cydia.saurik.com mirrored on Mediafire
Linux cydia.saurik.com [32bit] or cydia.saurik.com [64bit]
1.Make sure USB driver are installed on your PC.
2.Download this zip and extract it somewhere like on your desktop.
2.Enable usb debug on your phone setting>developer>debug usb.
3.Connect your phone to the PC throught USB cable.
4.Run impactor.exe [with administrator right if vista or later]
5.Tap on start.
6.Wait some seconds...
7.Congrats, now you are rooted.
9.Go to PlayStore and download SuperSu.
Link: SUPERSU or get from ApkMirror
- I recommend to user SuperSu to manage administrator rights rather than SuperUser, because nowdays it seems not supported.
- Be careful what kind of applications you give root permission and remember that an app with root rights can read/edit or deleteeverything from you phone.
- Cant i overclock my CPU with setcpu or some others apps now? no you need an overclocked kernel too
- Cant i flash cyanogenmod now? no you need an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery too
- Once you got root i suggest you to disable debug USB from developer setting, it's not necessary any more
Tested Working on :
L5 E610 V20A 4.1.2
L5 E610 V20D 4.1.2
L7 P700 V20D 4.1.2
L7 P708 V20A 4.1.2
L9 P760 V10C 4.0.3
L9 P760 V10D 4.0.3
L9 P760 V20B 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20C 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20I 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20E 4.1.2
L9 P760 V20H 4.1.2
L9 P769 V20H 4.1.2
L5 II E460 V10I 4.1.2
L9 II D605 V10 A 4.1.2
Not Working on:
L5 E610 V20G or later
L7 P705G V20H or later
L7II P716 V10D or later
L9 P760 v20L or later
L9 P760 V20P
L5 E610 V20J
Like some user reported LG fixed both masterkey exploit used by impactor to get root, s if you are running a recent firmware or you took an OTA this method may not work, impactor will return "SIGNATURE BUGS UNAVAILABLE"
Are there alternatives?
Yeah sure, look at Framaroot or TowelRoot
ROOT isnt the finishing line but the beginning about your android experience