FORUMS

New update JSS15J.N900VVRUMBMJ7

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By magneticzero, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2013, 06:08 PM |#101  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,398
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutpn

Im confused at why thread was closed. What about all of us that donated to get this root method,. I dont think it should be took down or locked.

The root thread is still open but if you read the last post he says to use kingo, this is probably why he pulled the root files, he figured people would use the easier method.
6th November 2013, 06:09 PM |#102  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,177
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutpn

Im confused at why thread was closed. What about all of us that donated to get this root method,. I dont think it should be took down or locked.

I couldn't agree more! Wtf? While the goal was accomplished, we now have it taken away.
6th November 2013, 06:13 PM |#103  
nutpn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ALABAMA
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Airmaxx23 Quote"The root thread is still open but if you read the last post he says to use kingo, this is probably why he pulled the root files, he figured people would use the easier method.
*** If I've helped you please hit the "Thanks" button ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"


In big yellow box on page 1 Thread Closed and it wont download
6th November 2013, 06:16 PM |#104  
zepfloyd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waiting for GPS
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
No Band 4 LTE yet, FYI.
The Following User Says Thank You to zepfloyd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zepfloyd Ad-Free
6th November 2013, 06:16 PM |#105  
NeoMagus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 473
 
Donate to Me
More
Well unless you are using MI9 its no good, vega wasnt for the new update MJ7 and now the method they were saying to use was pulled..
6th November 2013, 06:17 PM |#106  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,398
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutpn

Airmaxx23 Quote"The root thread is still open but if you read the last post he says to use kingo, this is probably why he pulled the root files, he figured people would use the easier method.
*** If I've helped you please hit the "Thanks" button ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"


In big yellow box on page 1 Thread Closed and it wont download

Oops, I missed the "Closed" box, I still think it's for the reason I stated.
6th November 2013, 06:20 PM |#107  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,753
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerarl

I took the update and SELinux is still permissive

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah I noticed this now, had some bad information before more people got the update. Looks like only the S4 update is switching to Enforcing at the moment. It looks like there's a new radio out too, but as far as a couple can tell no AWS. Then again, it could be their market. Interested to see what's going to happen.
6th November 2013, 06:24 PM |#108  
zepfloyd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waiting for GPS
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

It looks like there's a new radio out too, but as far as a couple can tell no AWS. Then again, it could be their market. Interested to see what's going to happen.

I've confirmed it twice that it's not in the update, as we have both Tmo and VZ LTE in Band 4 here. VZ speeds stayed the same post update and my TMO Sim will only go to H+ vs my VZ-GS4 which goes up to LTE on the TMO SIM.
6th November 2013, 06:36 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMagus

I'm about to try to take the OTA again with survival mode on in supersu Pro and stuff still frozen hybrided ill let ya know how it goes

**it errored guess it didnt like the new radio on old software haha

WORKED FOR ME!

Ok..so I'm on root de le Vega.

I have xposed and set the status to official.

Went into the supersu app and enabled survival OTA mode and unchecked 'enable superuser'. Also checked at the very bottom 'enable pro'. (I recommend buying his app just based on him saving me the trouble of re-rooting!)

Downloaded update. Installed itself.

Rebooted successfully.

Went back to supersu and renabled root.

Done!

Hit thanks if this is helpful.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to pwhitersxs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pwhitersxs Ad-Free
6th November 2013, 06:40 PM |#110  
Senior Member
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,398
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhitersxs

WORKED FOR ME!

Ok..so I'm on root de le Vega.

I have xposed and set the status to official.

Went into supersu and enabled survival OTA mode and disabled root.

Downloaded update. Installed itself.

Rebooted successfully.

Went back to supersu and renabled root.

Done!

Did you disable root or super user in SuperSU settings?
6th November 2013, 06:41 PM |#111  
NoFanboy's Avatar
Senior Member
I should go outside...
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
I'm sorry for the dumb question (I'm new to Android) but I'm rooted via root le Vega, how can I just update to the latest software without unrooting, rerooting, etc. Is this even possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3, update, verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes