FORUMS

[Q] [Help] Xperia M stuck in boot loop

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thedroidmaster, Junior Member on 5th November 2013, 05:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

My Stock rooted Xperia M has stuck in boot loop (The colourful waves thingy) after I tried to install Xposed framework. Please help, its not turning on. What can be done?

There is no recovery installed.

Thanks
5th November 2013, 07:41 PM |#2  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedroidmaster

Hello,

My Stock rooted Xperia M has stuck in boot loop (The colourful waves thingy) after I tried to install Xposed framework. Please help, its not turning on. What can be done?

There is no recovery installed.

Thanks

If anyone doesn't have a better idea, you will probably have to repair from PCC.

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.
5th November 2013, 07:45 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrikos48

If anyone doesn't have a better idea, you will probably have to repair from PCC.

Thanks fort replying.

The phone isn't detecting in PC companion. Can you suggest how to connect it, using fast boot methods etc.?
5th November 2013, 07:49 PM |#4  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedroidmaster

Thanks fort replying.

The phone isn't detecting in PC companion. Can you suggest how to connect it, using fast boot methods etc.?

It wont detect it. Go to update and when it tells you no device detected, click repair. When it prepares the firmware and asks you to connect it, hold vol down while plugging it in. IIRC that's how I did it.
PS: it'll get wiped

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antrikos48 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Antrikos48 Ad-Free
5th November 2013, 07:51 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It wont detect it. Go to update and when it tells you no device detected, click repair. When it prepares the firmware and asks you to connect it, hold vol down while plugging it in. IIRC that's how I did it.

Thanks, I will try it right away.
5th November 2013, 09:17 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks a ton, it worked.
10th December 2013, 09:10 AM |#7  

More
I have Same problem Help me......
Quote:

16th February 2014, 03:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy have same problem
Quote:

i have exactly same problem but different xperia phone the thing is i havent back it up is there some way to back up before i try ur method because
i want all my app data and apps installed because i dont know what i had installed in the first place.

plz help i will really appreciate it

P.S. i have my whole life on there
16th February 2014, 04:42 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,001

Donate to Me
More
In the last time the phone booted ADB was enabled, then you should be able to do the following adb commands while in the bootloop:
Code:
adb pull /data/app .\app
adb pull /data/data .\data
adb pull /sdcard .\sdcard
Then you flash it in repair mode through SUS or PC Companion, after that enable ADB and do the following commands, but make sure your working dir is the same used during adb pull, otherwise it'll fail:
Code:
adb push .\app /data/app
adb push .\data /data/data
adb push .\sdcard /sdcard
If ADB wasn't enabled, then you will need Flash Tool and a FTF file for Xperia M, choosing to flash only /system partition should make it work again with minimal data loss (any app/mod that modified the /system partition will be lost)
The Following User Says Thank You to mbc07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mbc07 Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 05:58 PM |#10  

More
Thumbs up Xperia M 4.3 rooting problem(Bootloop)
Hi ,
I have downloaded 4.3 update and flashed it using flashtool and for rooting i downloaded 4.3 boot image and went thru' cwm mode and flashed it and after rebooting mobile gets bootloop problem please tell where would be the problem. how can i root it.( I have unlocked my bootloader ).

Thankz in Advance.....
14th May 2014, 08:59 AM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag anywhere
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marimuthu

Hi ,
I have downloaded 4.3 update and flashed it using flashtool and for rooting i downloaded 4.3 boot image and went thru' cwm mode and flashed it and after rebooting mobile gets bootloop problem please tell where would be the problem. how can i root it.( I have unlocked my bootloader ).

Thankz in Advance.....

While rooting (In CWM) mount system and storage.This would help you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)