NETUP: The first Android app that makes Internet on your mobile device faster and more reliable by combining Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
Front Page Post by egzthunder1:
From the Creators of VideoBee – Enter Netup
Netup is an ambitious Kickstarter project by XDA Senior Member ShoelaceWireless, who also brought you VideoBee. It aims at making a device's internet connection faster for all apps by combining cellular data and Wifi data into one. How fast can your device go? Go in and find out!
- Jan 13, 2015: Netup is featured on the XDA Portal. Big thanks to egzthunder1!
- Jan 10, 2015: Netup is now 100-backer strong! Back us now for faster mobile Internet bit.ly/get-netup and get your FREE 1-month service, too! bit.ly/free-netup
- Dec. 16, 2014: We have launched the Kickstarter Campaign for Netup. Back us now for faster mobile Internet and help us spread the word!
- Dec, 2014: As you all requested, we developed Netup, the evolution of VideoBee that can combine WiFi and cellular to boost all your apps. Our Kickstarter campaign for Netup will launch on Dec. 16. Please help us spread the word and sign up here for notification.
Netup makes mobile Internet faster, more reliable, and cheaper by intelligently combining Wi-Fi and cellular networks when most needed.
THE ORIGINAL VIDEOBEE
- Dec 29, 2014: VideoBee now officially supports Android 5.0 Lollipop. Get the latest APK here, or directly from the Play store.
- Oct 3, 2014: We just added support for NCT (NhacCuaTui), featuring the latest English music videos, alongside Korean and Vietnamese videos.
- Sep 18, 2014: We just updated VideoBee to fully support Zing Mp3.
- Aug 18, 2014: Get the most out of your cellular data! Introducing Smart Dual: intelligently monitor your streaming experience and only enable cellular when WiFi is insufficient.
- Aug 3, 2014: The latest versions of VideoBee (v0.4.1+) allow you to enjoy your videos uninterruptedly while moving between networks.
- Jul 11, 2014: Version 0.4 is released with support for YouTube HD streaming!
- May 24, 2014: Version 0.3 is released with support for LIVE STREAMING!
- Mar 15, 2014: Version 0.2 is released!
- Mar 13, 2014: Hongkiat blog posted a featured article on VideoBee.
- Jan 16, 2014: VideoBee gets a featured article on Android Pipe.
- Dec 29, 2013: VideoBee Open Beta version is released!
- Dec 19, 2013: The Brazillian Mobile Time has a featured article on VideoBee (in Portuguese).
- Dec 16, 2013: We did an interview with Allison from NosillaCast. Also check out their blog post about us.
- Dec 5, 2013: Just found out an article about VideoBee in Spanish at Androidayuda by José M. López. Thanks!
- Dec 4, 2013: We just released version 21 that provides full support for KitKat! This version also has Facebook and Twitter integration.
- Nov 25, 2013: Next version of VideoBee supporting KitKat is coming this week. We are in final testing stage!
- Nov 14, 2013: We presented among the cutting-edge start-ups on Innovation Day at MEF
- Nov 10, 2013: VideoBee now got 1500+ testers on board.
- Nov 9, 2013: Thanks so much for the overwhelming positive responses: 850 and counting. I am sending out the invitation as soon as I can.
- Nov 8, 2013: The front-page portal article by egzthunder1. Thanks!
You can get VideoBee on Google Play and can also download the latest APK here.
Hello XDA members,
My name is Anh and I am part of a mobile startup company, Shoelace Wireless. I have been around the XDA forums for a while and decided this community would be a great place to share our new project as a Private Beta.
VideoBee is a showcase app for a networking technology we developed that enables a user to make use of cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth connections simultaneously in order to stream videos faster.
- Solo mode (one device): VideoBee essentially provides Samsung Galaxy S5 Download Booster for videos but not limited to just Galaxy S5 or LTE. It uses both WiFi and cellular networks at the same time (instead of switching between them) to increase your speed. No more stalling!
- Group mode (two devices): this mode allows you to create a group and connect two nearby devices through Bluetooth. It then combines the bandwidth from both devices to stream the video faster. You can watch the same video on both devices or just on one of them (and use the second screen for statistics). During Beta, group mode is limited to two devices.
- Video streaming: VideoBee currently helps you to stream your favorite videos from YouTube, Yahoo Screen, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, as well as live channels from Ustream (Android 4.0+), using their familiar web interfaces. (Due to Yahoo Screen and Dailymotion restrictions, some videos may not support Solo Mode: WiFi + cellular.)
- Video download: VideoBee now supports download of videos from Yahoo Screen, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Metacafe, at high speed in Solo mode or Group mode.
VideoBee does NOT require root and works on 99% of Android devices (2.3.3+)
We are planning on adding more features, but for now we are debugging and working out any issues we currently have in the app. We are seeking your feedback and thoughts on the technology, any bugs you may find, and also any suggestions for improvements or new features you would like us to implement. Please give us your feedback using the in-app Feedback button, or in this thread, or send your thoughts to [email protected].
Thank you all so much for making XDA the community that it is!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q: Why does it stop buffering after a while?
A: VideoBee currently only pre-fetches 30MB of the currently playing video. When the video progresses, it will fetch more.
Stay in touch with us:
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ShoelaceWireless
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ShoelaceW
Connect with us on Google Plus: http://www.google.com/+Shoelacewireless0
Visit us at: http://www.shoelacewireless.com/