FORUMS

openssl 1.0.1e update for DSC/407

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 349

By hunderteins, Senior Member on 7th November 2013, 02:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
these are the fruits of the development in SSL Ciphers in Android Gingerbread. You can find the technical details there.

All Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROMs have outdated encryption algorithms for ssl communication in their stock browser and browsers like Dolphin, NakedBrowser or BeaverBrowser. They also lack support for TLS server name indication (SNI). That is unfortunate for virtual https-servers. Stock 407 and DSC share that problem.

You can check the encryption your browser at dcsec or ssl Labs. The SNI extention can be checked at velox. You will get a result like in the first attached picture.

Attached are the update.zip-files for DSC and DSC-PDroid (not tested) that will update the encryption algorithms on your streak. They are even stronger than in Android 4.4. KitKat.
You can deploy the updates with a custom recovery like Streakmod or Clockword Mod (not tested)
Look into the 2nd and 3rd attached picture for that.

If you have an other ROM, please point me to your files /system/framework/core.jar and /system/framework/framework.jar and I will see, wether I can port this update to your Gingerbread ROM, too.

Have fun,
hunderteins

edit Added PCM7 (from PCM7_Streak_JB_Patch) openssl update, dscpdroid-update is confirmed working
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ciphers_original.png
Views:	267
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	2377317   Click image for larger version

Name:	sni.png
Views:	263
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	2377318   Click image for larger version

Name:	sni2.png
Views:	229
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	2377319  
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsc-openssl-1.0.1e-update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.90 MB, 48 views)
File Type: zip dscpdroid-openssl-1.0.1e-update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.91 MB, 27 views)
File Type: zip pcm7-openssl-1.0.1e-update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.91 MB, 29 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hunderteins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hunderteins Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)