FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

News about Jelly Bean 4.3 and KitKat 4.4

908 posts
Thanks Meter: 180

By lvints, Senior Member on 7th November 2013, 03:48 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Sony announces phones that will receive upgrades to JB 4.3 and 4.4 KitKat. Our SP goes to version 4.3

Link: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/11/...3-kit-kat-4-4/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lvints For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lvints Ad-Free

7th November 2013, 04:52 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 26,501

Donate to Me
More
In the 4.4 List No ZR is included.. So its means ZR cant handle the Update Ha? Its shame... I am sure Sony will change The Update list and we will get 4.4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rajeev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rajeev Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 05:08 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Almost certain the SP will get 4.4 at some point – I doubt we’ll get the one after that though.
7th November 2013, 05:27 PM |#4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 852

More
hope this isn't a false hope... clicky vvvvv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	6568
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2377716  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chewdaniel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chewdaniel Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 05:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkside

Almost certain the SP will get 4.4 at some point – I doubt we’ll get the one after that though.

I agree, they did say the "first raft" to get 4.4, which implies that there will be more rafts to come
7th November 2013, 05:44 PM |#6  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I am not worried. SP will get 4.4 , but don't expect it any sooner then q2 2014. But we will have 4.3 to keep us busy until that time comes.

If you look at gsmarena they allready read betwen the lines of what SONY said and in the SP descripition they posted this "OS Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.4 (KitKat)"
7th November 2013, 08:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
I am 90% sure that our Xperia SP will get 4.4. "First raft" says it all. In second raft should be ZR and SP. Until then, we will have 4.3 next month So expect from Sony a Christmas gift

Xperia [email protected] 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrol619 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Patrol619 Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 10:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I don't understand why the SP and specially the ZR are not in this first list.. this means they will probably get it whenever they want and that will be at the end of their cycle.. so they don't need to update them anymore. Its a shame what companies like sony and lg are doing to the Android community, really really sad.
7th November 2013, 11:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev

In the 4.4 List No ZR is included.. So its means ZR cant handle the Update Ha? Its shame... I am sure Sony will change The Update list and we will get 4.4

The SP and ZR do have certain big differences though, as the SP only has 1GB RAM and 1.7GHz Dual core while the ZR has 2GB RAM and 1.5GHz Quad core. Just from those facts alone, you can tell that the ZR is more futureproof than the SP and having 4.4 on the ZR won't literally mean we can also have it on the SP. But we all do hope we can have 4.4 on our SPs.
8th November 2013, 12:51 AM |#10  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Performance doesnt mean anything because 4.4 Kit-Kat is designed to run on low performance phones with as low as 512MB ram. Beasts like SP and ZR will eat Kit-Kat for dessert
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sephirothmk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sephirothmk Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 01:21 AM |#11  
Flag tangerang
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirothmk

Performance doesnt mean anything because 4.4 Kit-Kat is designed to run on low performance phones with as low as 512MB ram. Beasts like SP and ZR will eat Kit-Kat for dessert

Agree... with system requirement like that on kitkat. Its just a ''dessert'' for our outstanding phone... Eagerly waiting for 4.3 and then 4.4.. ╮(^-^)╭

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sanzNya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanzNya Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread