This is my first thread, so please ignore my errors.
We have seen custom ROMs having some extra options in settings. This is a guide of adding these options.
This guide is for Galaxy y, but also can work for devices with similar settings.apk (like Ace, duos etc.)
1) A rooted phone (I can't strech how important this is :D)
2) Backup your orginal settings.apk
3) Basic knowledge of decompiling and recompiling.
1)Decompile settings.apk and apk of the app you want to put. (I am decompiling Proximity Actions)
2) Go to decompiled app folder and open AndroidManifest.xml. Note Package and Target Class. (Marked with red circle Attachment # 1)
3) Open decompiled folder of settings. Go to /res/values/strings.xml. Open with Notepad++.
Enter code <string name="prxt_ctrl">Proximity Control</string> in the end before /resources>. You can edit red coloured text to anything which you want to appear in settings. You can also give any string name, but remember it.
4) You need an icon to put in settings(You can get it from that decompiled app). Resize it to 24x24 pixels (FOR GALAXY Y ONLY)
5) Put that icon in settings/res/drawable-Idpi with any name(remember it). I have given name ic_settings_prxt
6) Go to settings/res/xml/settings.xml. Open with Notepad++
7) Add code <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/prxt_ctrl" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_prxt">
<intent android:targetPackage="novum.inceptum.proximity" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="novum.inceptum.proximity.PA_A ctivity" />
Here string is used from step 3. Use icon from step 4. Package and targetClass from step 2.
8) Save and compile Settings.apk and complete formalities of recompiling.
9) Push Settings.apk to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--.
PRESS THANKS IF HELPED. I REALLY NEED IT.