FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is there any interest for a 4.4 KitKat ROM for the D2G?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By lcallahan7, Junior Member on 8th November 2013, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If there is any interest, I could try to work on making one. KitKat is made to run on devices with at least half a gig of RAM, and that's what the D2G has, so it should be a really smooth ROM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lcallahan7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcallahan7 Ad-Free

9th November 2013, 02:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcallahan7

If there is any interest, I could try to work on making one. KitKat is made to run on devices with at least half a gig of RAM, and that's what the D2G has, so it should be a really smooth ROM.

i'd be interested in this. but it would be hard to port and bad battery life like the other 4.0+ roms.
9th November 2013, 03:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
My D2G just broke I would have loved to try out 4.4 before it crapped out.
9th November 2013, 10:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey, I'd be interested in helping to build this. I'm starting to learn how to build a ROM, and have a Ubuntu VM. I'm downloading the source.
11th November 2013, 03:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would be really appreciate if you can do that for us! ^_^
Quote:

YES THERE IS !
I'm using D2G and N4, I really like this phone. Now I'm using ICS, but it's really slow. I don't want to go back to 2.x, and I even cannot find any jelly bean rom for this. I'm HUGE interested in this, and I would be honored to help you test.....(I know nothing about code....)

It's kind of few guys here, I gonna write post in chinese forums to tell them about this.
11th November 2013, 06:11 AM |#6  
Quote:

good luck, may want to check in the dx, d2, dpro, forums, if it KK gets ported to any of those devices, there shouldn't be much needed to port to d2g

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
12th November 2013, 01:22 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up yes
Quote:

I will be love it if there isn't so much bug.
12th November 2013, 02:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Currently downloading source
Im very interested in trying this and am downloading source right now hopefully if all goes well we will have kitkat running on our d2g.
12th November 2013, 05:36 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Support, I am using this phone, and now still in 2.3.4,(支持,我现在用的就是这款手机,现在还停留在2.3.4):P
13th November 2013, 02:14 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up 2333333333333
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfwnice

support, i am using this phone, and now still in 2.3.4,(支持,我现在用的就是这款手机,现在还停留在2.3.4):p

我用4.0,太卡了~~
The Following User Says Thank You to bohrasd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bohrasd Ad-Free
14th November 2013, 12:11 AM |#11  
Flag BA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohrasd

我用4.0,太卡了~~

Yes! Very interested, how is battery life going to be?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)