FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By FeversMirrors, Junior Member on 8th November 2013, 07:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Whenever I plug in my S4, it seems fine. Drivers are installed correctly since I rooted fine and that also means the USB is fine.

The problem arises when I try to copy any file to my phone. It plugs in, allows me to switch it between Camera (PTP) and Media Device (MTP). I have tried turning USB Debugging on and off when transferring files and on both Camera and Media Device.

When I copy a device into any folder or the main card or phone directory, it starts copying, the green bar stops and then after a second the following message comes up:

"This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

It allows me to Stop copying or Skip this file... which is the only file.

Any ideas on what is causing this and what I could do to try and fix it?

8th November 2013, 08:07 PM |#2  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 627

More
Use a different cable or usb port. Something is causing the phone to stop communicating with the computer. Also, make sure you don't have any power saving features enabled that may be turning of power to the usb port in Windows.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cruise350 Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 08:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I've tried that and it still has the same issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeversMirrors For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FeversMirrors Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 11:53 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Just unrooted and performed a factory reset. My phone is totally stock and doesn't allow me to copy any files onto it.

Does anyone have any idea?
9th November 2013, 12:21 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
[SOLVED]
Solved this by taking out my SD card, restarting my phone, putting the SD card back in and formatting it.

You can format by going into Settings > More > Storage > (Scroll to bottom) Format SD Card
The Following User Says Thank You to FeversMirrors For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FeversMirrors Ad-Free
26th February 2014, 03:32 PM |#6  
Flag puerto Galera (Philippines)
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up That's right, it was not easy to find... Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

Use a different cable or usb port. Something is causing the phone to stop communicating with the computer. Also, make sure you don't have any power saving features enabled that may be turning of power to the usb port in Windows.

Effectively, you have to turn off the ENERGIE ECO on your Tablet.
another way to see that the SDCARD is not responding, is to browse inside the Folders. They seems to be empty.
regards
3rd April 2014, 03:57 PM |#7  

More
connection problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeversMirrors

Whenever I plug in my S4, it seems fine. Drivers are installed correctly since I rooted fine and that also means the USB is fine.

The problem arises when I try to copy any file to my phone. It plugs in, allows me to switch it between Camera (PTP) and Media Device (MTP). I have tried turning USB Debugging on and off when transferring files and on both Camera and Media Device.

When I copy a device into any folder or the main card or phone directory, it starts copying, the green bar stops and then after a second the following message comes up:

"This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected."

It allows me to Stop copying or Skip this file... which is the only file.

Any ideas on what is causing this and what I could do to try and fix it?

i was getting the same problem,so i uninstalled the driver and then connected the mobile .
secondly i also have installed wondershare mogile go on my mobile and pc , so when i connected my mobile to pc after uninstalling the driver the mobile go pop up came up for usb installation and it asked for installing the usb driver for mobile go ,it asked me to swithonn the usb debugging ,and it installed the driver then it just worked fine .

may be it was a mobile go problem (any software) or Driver Problem but it helped so no need to format,reset or remove your card . just try this and tell wat helped.thank you.

This is a Driver Problem.
6th April 2014, 11:39 PM |#8  

More
Smile
All I had to do was plug the usb cable into the usb port that i installed the device to. My PC won't read the phone right from any other USB port. I hope this helps
1st December 2014, 01:55 PM |#9  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Im not sure if this thread is too old or not, just wanted to give my imput on the matter, so I ran into this issue just today but i had never had it before, turns out it was the file, I did everything I could think of : played around again with the USB port selective suspend feature and it wasnt that, plugged into other USP ports, want that, untill I tried copying something else and BINGO, the file got copied, so I tried with a folder full of different files like word, excell APK files etc...and they all went through fine, so next i tried a lange file a movie and it went though fine. the file in question was a nighlyROM apparently it was corrupt, or didnt download properly. So my suggestion is to check if you can copy or transfer other files.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hudtwalcker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hudtwalcker Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 09:05 PM |#10  

More
it didn't work for me
27th March 2015, 02:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Wink you have to fix permissions
it happened to me on my gt-n7100 (Galaxy Note II ) with android 4.4.2, you have to install TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project see how then reboot into recovery select ''advanced'' hen ''Fix Permissions'' that worked for me
you can use chmod to fix this it works too
The Following User Says Thank You to midoucaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift midoucaca Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)