FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [N900] [ROOT] Camera "Smooth motion" extended record time. Update 12.11.2013

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By alexhc18, Member on 10th November 2013, 01:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Modified camera:

1. 1920x1080 60 fps (smooth motion) with extended time limit to 90 minutes.
2. Audio bitrate raised to 256kbit (was 128).
3. JPEG compression quality raised to 100 (was 96).
4. File naming of photos and videos changed to "yyyy.MM.dd_hh.mm.ss" (was "yyyyMMdd_hhmmss").

This version with 4Gb video file size limit, for SD cards formated to fat 32 and internal flash memory:
Download all 3 parts !!!
SamsungCamera2_4Gb_limit.part1.rar
SamsungCamera2_4Gb_limit.part2.rar
SamsungCamera2_4Gb_limit.part3.rar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This version with unlimited video file size (90 minutes time limit), for SD cards formated to ntfs, exfat etc (dont instal it on phone with fat32 SD card, camera will hang when file reach 4Gb):
Download all 3 parts !!!
SamsungCamera2_unlimited.part1.rar
SamsungCamera2_unlimited.part2.rar
SamsungCamera2_unlimited.part3.rar

Install: extract archive, copy SamsungCamera2.apk to "system/app" (make backup) give to it rw- r-- r-- permisions, delete "system/app/SamsungCamera2.odex" (make backup) if it exist, then reboot. Camera icon will disappear, you find it in apps.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

Update 12.11.2013 Default recording mode is "smooth motion" with posibility to make photos in this mode. To switch to 1920x1080x30 go to settings, video, video size - 1920x1080 (or else).
This version with 4Gb video file size limit, for SD cards formated to fat 32 and internal flash memory:
Download all 3 parts !!!
SamsungCamera2_4Gb.part1.rar
SamsungCamera2_4Gb.part2.rar
SamsungCamera2_4Gb.part3.rar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This version with unlimited video file size (90 minutes time limit), for SD cards formated to ntfs, exfat etc (dont instal it on phone with fat32 SD card, camera will hang when file reach 4Gb):
Download all 3 parts !!!
SamsungCamera2.part1.rar
SamsungCamera2.part2.rar
SamsungCamera2.part3.rar

WARNING: It seems that 4Gb limit is there. Camera in logs shows max file size is 68 Terabytes. May be system restriction of recordings max file size.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to alexhc18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexhc18 Ad-Free

10th November 2013, 02:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This sounds pretty sweet, even tho I'm not rooted myself.

I'm wondering why Samsung set these limits, there must be some stability issues with this, otherwise it makes no sense to me. Btw, is Note 3 FAT or NTFS as standard?

Sent from my Note 3
10th November 2013, 02:57 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Zelenodolsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallerbabz

This sounds pretty sweet, even tho I'm not rooted myself.

I'm wondering why Samsung set these limits, there must be some stability issues with this, otherwise it makes no sense to me. Btw, is Note 3 FAT or NTFS as standard?

Sent from my Note 3

This mod very well tested on N9005 4K mode - its OK. Internal memory dont takes files bigger than 4Gb.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexhc18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexhc18 Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 05:59 AM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 151

More
this was exactly what I was looking for.. awesome stuff... but is it possible to make default video recording to 60fps?
10th November 2013, 11:27 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Zelenodolsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dheemanth10

this was exactly what I was looking for.. awesome stuff... but is it possible to make default video recording to 60fps?

I dont have much time, it takes 3-5 hours of work.
10th November 2013, 12:05 PM |#6  
rskmania
Thanks Meter: 3,104

Donate to Me
More
If it works on N9005 as well it is great! Thanks alexhc18 for this!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Mefisto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Mefisto Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 12:26 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Zelenodolsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mefisto

If it works on N9005 as well it is great! Thanks alexhc18 for this!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...505106&page=13
10th November 2013, 01:01 PM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tinley park,il
Thanks Meter: 7,157

Donate to Me
More
Does this work on snapdragon version ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to drakeymcmb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drakeymcmb Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 02:48 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Question
Is it possible to set smooth mode by default so that you don't have to set it everytime? (Changes don't get saved with stock camera)
10th November 2013, 03:58 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Zelenodolsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeymcmb

Does this work on snapdragon version ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Must work without 4K mode. For snap see #7 post.
10th November 2013, 03:59 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Zelenodolsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxogen

Is it possible to set smooth mode by default so that you don't have to set it everytime? (Changes don't get saved with stock camera)

I working on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, limit, time

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)