FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Unofficial]MoKee OpenSource 43.1 For MileStone2 Released 2013.11.06

210 posts
Thanks Meter: 418

Post Reply Email Thread
================================================== ================================================== ====
MoKee OpenSource 43.1 For MileStone2 Released

================================================== ================================================== ====

Amazing! Give thanks to czechop! Thanks to his new CM10.2! Without his new kernel which updated the wifi and usb driver, we cannot use this rom.

OK, about Mokee Open Source: Mokee Open Source is based on the source of AOSP and CyanogenMod. 

The first whole-open source in China. There are ma ny builders in China and all over the world

download link:http://yunpan.cn/Q9k36DK355yYe (the password is eedb)

if you want to support us, you can visit this website:http://bbs.angeeks.com/forum-82-1.html

Thanks A Lot!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zhangyang_haha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhangyang_haha Ad-Free

11th November 2013, 03:35 PM |#2  
Flag Katowice
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Lightbulb
Installed right now. It boots. That pig from hell logo guy with yellow blinking eyes is cool.
I'm starting testing. Will let you know ASAP.

[edit]

I don't have good news for you guys not speaking Chinese.
  1. The ROM runs smooth (system itself, I didn't have a chance to test bigger applications).
  2. It has some graphical goodies (eyecandy scrolling, which is still quite smooth).
  3. You have to flash a set of gapps other than this for CM10.2 (I used gapps-jb4.3-20130813-minimal_edited_20130814.zip).
  4. The ROM is Chinese. I mean totally Chinese, which renders it (almost?) unusable for non-Chinese speakers, even after you change system language.
    • Hardware keyboard uses an app called iFly, used to enter Chinese characters.
    • It overrides keyboard definitions found in kl/kcm files.
    • Even though it supports English keyboard, it seems to be rather an addition to Chinese one, thus it is not only not too convenient in use, but also I couldn't force it to support Polish special keys (and believe me, I tried hard).
    • After you kill, freeze, or uninstall iFly, besides Home, all capacitive buttons below screen stop working.
  5. Plenty of non-standard settings are Chinese only, even tapping blindly in hope to reach some falimiar looking screens didn't lead me to any success. You have to know Chinese (if only I could paste my phone in Google Translate... )
To sum up: in my opinion it is one more exotic ROM, quite pretty, powerful perhaps, but almost useless outside Zhongguo. @zhangyang_haha: Could you please disable Chinese keyboard application (iFly) permanently?
12th November 2013, 03:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag jiangsu wuxi
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinhood

Installed right now. It boots. That pig from hell logo guy with yellow blinking eyes is cool.

[edit]

1. The ROM runs smooth (system itself, I didn't have a chance to test bigger applications).
  2. It has some graphical goodies (eyecandy scrolling, which is still quite smooth).
  3. You have to flash a set of gapps other than this for CM10.2 (I used gapps-jb4.3-20130813-minimal_edited_20130814.zip).
  4. The ROM is Chinese. I mean totally Chinese, which renders it (almost?) unusable for non-Chinese speakers, even after you change system language.
    • Even though it supports English keyboard, it seems to be rather an addition to Chinese one, thus it is not only not too convenient in use, but also I couldn't force it to support Polish special keys (and believe me, I tried hard).
    • After you kill, freeze, or uninstall iFly, besides Home, all capacitive buttons below screen stop working.
  5. Plenty of non-standard settings are Chinese only, even tapping blindly in hope to reach some falimiar looking screens didn't lead me to any success. You have to know Chinese (if only I could paste my phone in Google Translate... )
To sum up: in my opinion it is one more exotic ROM, quite pretty, powerful perhaps, but almost useless outside Zhongguo. @zhangyang_haha: Could you please disable Chinese keyboard application (iFly) permanently?

First, Thanks for using my Rom. I feel happy about that someone can use it.

Ok, therefore, maybe I will use AOSP keyboard next time. Thanks for your feedback
14th November 2013, 07:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Angry Good Rom/Port
Quote:

[edit]

I have flashed it and works perfect!!!!!! (just a trick: I have erased ifly of the zip and then i have installed the rom and gaaps with working swipe keyboard) and I'm satisfied with the result. No chinesse at all. Only Spanish. I installed it over Engles 10.2 rom and I had a bootloop. Then I made a factory reset and the phone booted fine and after 3 seconds the language automagically changed to Spanish.

I think this rom is well finished, very pretty and quick. I'm testing it, but I like it by the moment. First impression: We have in this rom the best from Czechop and the best of Engle_Mars.

Some screenshots and greetings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-22-09-36.png
Views:	248
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	2391222

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-23-52-25.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2391223

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-19-31-17.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2391224

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-19-32-00.png
Views:	204
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	2391225

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-19-32-24.png
Views:	199
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2391226

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-13-19-45-17.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	2391228
14th November 2013, 09:27 AM |#5  
Flag Katowice

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedroid

I have flashed it and works perfect!!!!!! (just a trick: I have erased ifly of the zip and then i have installed the rom and gaaps with working swipe keyboard) and I'm satisfied with the result. No chinesse at all. Only Spanish. I installed it over Engles 10.2 rom and I had a bootloop. Then I made a factory reset and the phone booted fine and after 3 seconds the language automagically changed to Spanish.

I think this rom is well finished, very pretty and quick. I'm testing it, but I like it by the moment. First impression: We have in this rom the best from Czechop and the best of Engle_Mars.

Sorry mate, no luck here. After I flashed zip with ifly deleted, initial setup crashed and started again, so I ended in endless loop. Maybe I'll try another time, but right now I'm quite busy. Thanks for tips.
14th November 2013, 10:29 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

Sorry mate, no luck here. After I flashed zip with ifly deleted, initial setup crashed and started again, so I ended in endless loop. Maybe I'll try another time, but right now I'm quite busy. Thanks for tips.

Ok, sorry for you.

Don't forget to install rom and gaaps at the same time, because if you delete Ifly you won't be able to continue configuration after booting because you don't have a virtual keyboard needed for it.

See you soon
14th November 2013, 12:11 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Ok, sorry for you.

Don't forget to install rom and gaaps at the same time, because if you delete Ifly you won't be able to continue configuration after booting because you don't have a virtual keyboard needed for it.

See you soon

What version of gapps did you use?
thanks a lot
14th November 2013, 01:23 PM |#8  
Flag Katowice

More
Quote:

Ok, sorry for you.

See you soon

Tried again. Removed iFly.apk from /system/app in zip file. Boots. Language selection screen appears - I select Polish. Location screen appears (use wifi / gps for location). Whatever I select, Mokee Initial Setup crashes, and loops back to the beginning (language selection screen). My phone is attached to PC - just for battery not to run empty, maybe that's a source of problems? I don't know.
14th November 2013, 02:14 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by algarues

What version of gapps did you use?
thanks a lot

This one:
http://d-h.st/Isd

Quote:

Tried again. Removed iFly.apk from /system/app in zip file. Boots. Language selection screen appears - I select Polish. Location screen appears (use wifi / gps for location). Whatever I select, Mokee Initial Setup crashes, and loops back to the beginning (language selection screen). My phone is attached to PC - just for battery not to run empty, maybe that's a source of problems? I don't know.

My knowledge finishes here. I made it by installing the rom and gapps at the same time, making a factory reset and rebooting. I don't know if the problem is for doing attached to pc. I did it without being attached to a pc and I was coming from engle's rom.

Try to do it without usb connected and made sure you've flashed gapps.

Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fedroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fedroid Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 08:31 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyang_haha

First, Thanks for using my Rom. I feel happy about that someone can use it.

Ok, therefore, maybe I will use AOSP keyboard next time. Thanks for your feedback

Hey there,

I'm using your rom without problems and is good, but some mates in southamerica (Argentina,...) are trying it but they don't get mobile signal.

They have tried changing basebands with no luck at all. Any idea or help?

Another cuestion... only for curiosity
Is this mokee rom based on Quarx work?

Thanks in advance
15th November 2013, 11:14 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
[QUOTE=Fedroid;47448623]This one:
http://d-h.st/Isd

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)