SUCCESS !!! Knox 0x0 with Mobile Odin Pro 3.85 !!!

Search This thread

Android Noobie

Jun 21, 2012
Melbourne
I'm looking at attempting an upgrade from Australian 4.3 MJ7 to Australian Kit Kat 4.4 firmware N9005XXUENE3_N9005XSAENE1_XSA

From what I understand, if this goes through successfully, I'll loose contact names stored on the phone and pen recognition unless I perform a full reset afterwards?

My goal is to have phone exactly as is, but on Kit Kat. I want chromecast screen mirroring which is only supported on Kit Kat :)

Thanks guys

I updated to N9005XXUENE3 and everything is exactly as it was before.
If i now use towel root will it trip knox?
If i now install a custom rom will it then trip knox?

Thanks

soyarice

Jul 6, 2012
knox 0x0

ROOT Ffirst, useing Mobile odin PRO v.4.20
flash N9005XXUFNF4_DEODEXED_alexndr from N9005ZTUENE2_N9005ZZTENE2_BRI stock rom

SUCCESS !!!!

** quote @alexndr http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2649176
Mobile Odin PRO (requires root) - open file using "OTA/Update ZIP" option. UNTICK "Everroot", because the rom is prerooted with the newest SuperSu and binary! Push "Flash Firmware". This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to Towerloot and udating ROM's via Mobile Odin PRO only)

swift1

Aug 20, 2008
Updated and everything is working fine (Contacts, email, etc. Only Xposed and wanam needed to be updated.

I've lost the ability to use the JB app picker module, so now i have to double tap an app selection when there's multiple choices. Screen on time in battery settings has disappeared as well, but I'll wait for a full charge to see if that metric returns. Icons on status bar have lost their colours for misseds calls, etc but I'm guessing that's a kit kat thing - Preferred when missed call icon came up red. Google+ app also was re-installed and instantly had the most battery usage at 30+%, even though I don't use the app - So make sure to disable or uninstall if you don't use it.

The battery is also getting hammered but that should settle in a day hopefully

Update: Screen on time has returned after a full charge. Kit Kat first impressions is that its snappier all round and loads all widgets and screens faster. Quickpic no longer lags on first run with a 128gb card which is awesome.

Last edited:

wilflare

Sep 28, 2013
sorry to bump this thread up... but I'm a little lost

I'm currently on 4.4.2 NB1 (I rooted, updated and kept my knox according to the methods mentioned in this thread)
(1) what's the latest to update to?
(2) what should I to keep my root and knox safe?
(3) do I still need to flash via MOP, update the bootloader?
(4) is there a guide on backing up your phone? - I have Titanium Backup, and I do uninstall/freeze stuff - looking for a guide so I don't miss on certain steps and end up having to reconfigure the whole phone again

joytest

Apr 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
sorry to bump this thread up... but I'm a little lost

I'm currently on 4.4.2 NB1 (I rooted, updated and kept my knox according to the methods mentioned in this thread)
(1) what's the latest to update to?
(2) what should I to keep my root and knox safe?
(3) do I still need to flash via MOP, update the bootloader?
(4) is there a guide on backing up your phone? - I have Titanium Backup, and I do uninstall/freeze stuff - looking for a guide so I don't miss on certain steps and end up having to reconfigure the whole phone again

I believe towelroot is supposed to do the trick.

Sent from my MediaPad X1 7.0 using Tapatalk HD

jf62

Mar 26, 2011
I'm on NB4 rootet with RDLV Knox 0x0
Will MOP update to NG2 work fine and keep knox unchanged?

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
I'm on NB4 rootet with RDLV Knox 0x0
Will MOP update to NG2 work fine and keep knox unchanged?

jsut upadte to a 4.4 from BEFORE JULY 3rd and use twoelroot - no need for URDLV

but yes, all you do with MOP wont touch knox

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

juniorbb2201

Aug 1, 2014
Help going back to Stock

Good day all,

I'm new to the site been cool so far learned a lot and done a lot with my Note 3 since being here.
I recently rooted and install a custom rom (N900_NF3_INU_Dr.Ketan Custom ROM K11) that works great, I tried flashing back to stock but encountered a major problem. after flashing to stock my IMEI is unknown and also my base-band from reading it seem as if my EFS got corrupted tried a ton of different thing and still I cant get this to work on stock. Only way my IMEI and base-band comes back is whenever I reinstall the custom rom (N900_NF3_INU_Dr.Ketan Custom ROM K11) and restore the EFS that was backed up during the first installation of this rom

Thanks in advance all help is greatly appreciated. :good::good:

girlsetsifre

Oct 9, 2014
Sta Rosa
- Does anyone successfully flashed NF4 with csc OLB over NC2 with csc VFG (product code XFV vodafon to be exact) via MOP without tripping knox?
- How about I change my product code to VOD over XFV, then upgrade to latest BTU via MOP will I maintain knox 0x0? or can I directly upgrade to btu NG1 over xfv NC2?

If above are not possible what are my other options for changing to unbranded firmware and change csc to different region.

LibertyKnight

Apr 6, 2015
Rooted MJ1 to android 4.4.2 NK1

Hi guys,

Can i use mobile odin to upgrade my current rooted Note 3 firmware MJ1 to latest 4.4.2 NK1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to report that at least we have SUCCESSFULLY flashed and rooted MJ7 UK firmware using Mobile Odin Pro 3.85.

This is for the SM-N9005 Qualcomm Snapdragon model.

We were originally rooted on MJ1 by using Root de la Vega, with Knox 0x0, which made the Mobile Odin flash possible.

SUCCESSFUL FIRMWARE VERSIONS ROOTABLE: MI7, MJ1, MJ3

UNSUCCESSFUL ROOT :MJ6 and later

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT RESET YOUR KNOX if it is 0x1.

Originally reported in a Malaysia forum here: - XDA user williamyi (WiLyi on Lowyat.net forum) was the first user to report trying this method with success. Thank him in post 2 !!

Success 1 - williamyi
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64477527

Success 2 - joytest
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64477946

Success 3
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64482052

Success 4
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64493286

Success 5
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64494080

Knox remains 0x0

All we need to do is to to reinstall Xposed and its mods.

Thanks @Chainfire !!!!!

Many other XDA users are also now reporting success by flashing to MJ7 using this method.

Steps: (thanks to WiLyi of Lowyat.net forum) aka @williamyi in XDA

1. Download UK MJ7 firmware.
    2. Extract the tar.md5 (I placed in internal SD - not sure if this make any differences)
    3. Open the tar.md5
    4. Check:
    i. Everroot
    ii. Inject SuperSU
    iii. Inject Mobile Odin
    5. Flash

NOTE: Mobile Odin will throw a standard warning about tripping Knox. That can be ignored (we did). Remember to tick Everroot so that you will be rooted immediately upon flashing.

NOTE: Mobile Odin "A compatible device was detected, but with an unexpected partition layout. Mobile ODIN cannot operate. This is a common error on CM and MIUI ROMs on some devices."
    This can be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling SuperSU or its updates.
    I would like to report that at least 2 users have SUCCESSFULLY flashed and rooted MJ7 UK firmware using Mobile Odin Pro 3.85.

More to come as it was reported in a Malaysia forum here

Success 1
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64477527

Success 2
    https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3020868&view=findpost&p=64477946

Knox remains 0x0

All we need to do is to to reinstall Xposed and its mods.

Thanks @Chainfire !!!!!

Steps: (thanks to WiLyi of Lowyat.net forum)

1. Download UK MJ7 firmware.
    2. Extract the tar.md5 (I placed in internal SD - not sure if this make any differences)
    3. Open the tar.md5
    4. Check:
    i. Everroot
    ii. Inject SuperSU
    iii. Inject Mobile Odin
    5. Flash

You beat me on posting this. Hopefully this could help those who which to update to latest firmware without tripping the Knox. Happy flashing everyone
    Going from rooted ML2 to KitKat (Singapore)

These instructions are done for a rooted SM-N9005 on ML2 from the XSP (Singapore) region.

You flash at your own risk! I take no responsibility for bricks or warranty voids!

Here's the procedure for going from a fully rooted ML2 (or possibly MJ7 and before) to 4.4.2 KitKat:

1) Obtaining the firmware files.

Download the full official firmware from:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Search for "N9005" and download the Singapore (StarHub) 4.4.2 firmware.

Note to users of other regions: You should use your own region's 4.4.2 builds to prevent the "Samsung keyboard has stopped working" problem. Open up your region's firmware file with 7zip and compare the files (aboot.mbn, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sdi.mbn, tz.mbn) with the ones in package.tar.md5. If they're the same then you can use the BL attached. The BL files used in XSP is also the same as the one in XEO, so you can use the one from the Polish firmware. If they're different then you'll need to use Linux to build your own BL tar.

2) Obtaining Odin 3.09 and the BL (bootloader) files.

Download the attachment below this post. It contains:
    -Odin 3.09
    -package.tar.md5 (which is the BL to be flashed).

3) Mobile Odin Pro 4

You'll need to download and install Mobile Odin Pro 4 for KitKat support and its ability to boot into Download mode (Odin mode) after flashing the main firmware (in order to flash the BL, as MOP doesn't support flashing of BL).

4) Flashing the main firmware

Extract the firmware file (N9005XXUENA6_N9005OLBENA2_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5) into your phone memory.

Run Mobile Odin Pro 4 and click on Open file....

Choose the firmware file from your Internal SD-card.

Make sure that EverRoot, Inject SuperSU, and Inject Mobile ODIN are all checked.

Tick Wipe Dalvik cache.

Select After flash ... and choose Download mode

Flash!

5) Flashing the Bootloader

Your phone would automatically reboot a few times and finally end up in Download mode.

Extract the contents of the attachment somewhere.

From there, connect your phone to your PC and run Odin 3.09.

Click on BL and select package.tar.md5, and uncheck F. Reset Time and check Phone Bootloader Update.

(I didn't uncheck F. Reset Time and Phone Bootloader Update but it worked anyway).

Click on Start.

6) Success!

Your phone should be rooted, running KitKat 4.4.2, and with Knox Warranty 0x0!

Congratulations!
    In case you're going to try, here's Chainfire's advice : (source is his Google+ account : as I'm considered an ignorant newbie, I cannot post links...)

• boot into download mode after the Mobile ODIN flash (with EverRoot enabled, of course), thanks to the new MO option
    • (once in download mode), flash a modified package with only the bootloaders (and trustzone and such, but not system) : to me that's the only thing that's not really clear : will flashing "aboot" file be enough ? Or should we simply flash all the files Mobile Odin hasn't accepted ?
    • reboot to recovery to apply the CSC
    • full Android boot.

According to Chainfire, this should work, unless Kit Kat breaks our current root.

Fingers crossed ..... Flashing KitKat ...... Flashing Bootloader ..... PASS .... booting .... updating apps .... KitKat running ... No extSD in ES .... root OK (deleted boot sound in systems/media) .... Samsung Keyboard keeps crashing
    KNOX 0x0
    Thanks for confirming,
    Any way you can give a step-by-step guide this is a bit hard to follow. I believe I have the most current bootloader is it uvubmi7 for T-Mobile in the US? Does that mean mobile Odin and just flash or do I need to re flash the bootloader above?

Tested on European phone, not tested on US branded:
    Download N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5, N9005XXUENA6_BL-Only.tar.md5 and Odin 3.09. Place the first file in your phone's memory. Do some backups and when you're ready, fire up MOP, load the HOME.tar.md5 in it, enable EverRoot, choose After flashing and select Download mode. Start flashing. When in download mode, hook your phone to the computer, run Odin 3.09, load he BL-Only.tar.md5 in the BL section, check Phone Bootloader Update, uncheck Auto Reset and Start. When Odin says RESET!, turn off your phone, and then press VOL UP+HOME+POWER to run recovery. Wait... and here you go!