for Android 4.4 CyanogenMod 11.0 ROMs
Brought to you by the cooperation of @n3ocort3x and @tbalden.
We're striving to always be the first to bring life into Custom Kernel development for the HTC One!
To bring new horizons to the way you use your HTC One, tbalden invented the idea of and implemented Logo2Menu, ButtonLightNotification, Flick to Wake, Pick to Wake.
We're providing two main lines for our kernels, STABLE edition is for sticking with HTC's way adding only safe to use features. PERFORMANCE edition is providing additional stuff. Read below.
Currently tbalden only publishes the Stable Edition for CM 11.0 alpha roms.
- Stable Edition is the safe way to go for normal usage, frequencies and CPU/GPU handled as HTC designed it, only usability features added in that version. This is recommended for non-tweaking users.
- No accidental touch events when in-call on ear-piece screen off by proximity (on stock 4.2.2 kernel this happens, you can touch the buttons accidentally with your ear while screen is off)
- Different Wake options (Home2Wake, Logo2Wake, Sweep2Wake, DoubleTap2Wake)
- Flick2Wake/Pick2Wake - read second post for details and video
- NO Sweep2Sleep, and not planned to be added, as it is finicky and many users report they actually push home or back or start apps from locker screen in the end accidentally on other kernels.
- Pocket Wake Protection (prevents phone from waking accidentally in your pocket, when it contacts skin through textile)
- Logo2Menu, Logo2Sleep options
- CIFS, NTFS-RW
- Button light notification (only with screen off, if not on charging light, or screen on)
- all OTG devices (except some controllers, as the stack of htc is not compatible with that. Sisaxis bluetooth works on the 4.3 Sense base reportedly)
- system write protection disabled in kernel
- cpu freq stats enabled
- Undervolting control enabled (as an exception for tweaks in the Stable Edition, because it's not risky if you don't actively undervolt in a tweak app)
- additional TCP congestion variants (use Trickster Mod or other app to set it)
- force usb fastcharge possibility
- The issues that happen on the alpha cm11.0 based ROMs are present. No additional kernel issue known
CM team, especially Intervigil
@mkasick for the 4.2 fix for system wide mounting
fransiscofranco for his hotplug stuff
@faux123 for his gpu governor and sound control
@flar2 for bringing doubletap2wake first for htc one
HTC for releasing Google Edition sources so quickly, and all the other sources
Thanks @Whiskey103 for the hosting!
CM 11.0 Stable Edition (Android 4.4 ROMs)
- Usability Features + UV possible, FastCharge, NO OTHER TWEAKS, NO OC/UC:
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c10.zip - http://d-h.st/H0N
https://github.com/tbalden/android_kernel_htc_msm8960 cm-11.0 branch
For roms that still use the separate m7 kernel (and cm milestone snapshots):
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c3.zip - http://d-h.st/5aH - For older m7 kernel based ROMs (not common msm8960)
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c9.zip - http://d-h.st/eE3
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c8.zip - http://d-h.st/qeS
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c7.zip - http://d-h.st/cDh
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c6.zip - http://d-h.st/HUZ
https://github.com/tbalden/android_kernel_htc_m7 cm-11.0 branch
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6c1.zip - http://d-h.st/C1E
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.3.6.zip - http://d-h.st/K4i
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.2.8c2.zip - http://d-h.st/tvY
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.2.8c1.zip - http://d-h.st/A8t
teaMSeven-cm11-kernel-v2.2.8.zip - http://d-h.st/fMv
To swap up LogoMenu and Home button, to behave like on HTC One X and older HTC phones (you need the kernel flashed too BEFORE flashing this!):
Swapped (Home->Menu Logo->Home)
teamseven-swapkeys-home2menu-logo2home-1.0.zip - http://d-h.st/DGn
Original (Home->Home Logo->Menu)
teamseven-swapkeys-original-map-1.0.zip - http://d-h.st/S9d
Be aware that this is using CM-11.0 Ramdisk, not injecting the boot.img only, but replacing Ramdisk. Repack if you're using a special Ramdisk for an AOSP rom. (I test only on CM at the moment!)
0. go into Recovery
0.1 DO A NANDROID backup if you didnt already -- if anything goes cheesy, restore your backup
1. flash All-In-One installer zip (aroma menus will ask for options)
1.1 If you want to use a tweak app to set things on reboot, remove from /system/etc/init.d/ 01-h2w and 01-blinkbuttons and 01-pwp scripts
3. Tune settings with a tweak app e.g. TricksterMod, Android Tuner, etc. A guide for Performance Edition tunables: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=3
If flashing didnt work out by accident (recovery reboots all the time before flashing completes), you can try the following: "fastboot erase cache" and/or reflash recovery and try again.
Reverting: flash original ROM you were using or restore the nandroid backup
- Adds support for more USB OTG devices than official HTC kernel like dslr- (only works if your phone's charged above 30%!) - some controllers wont work, htc's bluetooth stack is a no-go
- Added fully working CIFS (windows share filesystem mount support, use CIFS manager)
- All in one installer - script by @he_stheone64 (thanks !)
- Added init.d support (thanks @torxx !)
- blinking buttons (button light notification) - be aware that only blinks on notification if phone's not charging, and when screen is not on
- Based on latest kernel source for cm-11.0 kernel
teaMSeven HTC One CM-11.0 - Stable Edition, Kernel for the HTC One
tbalden, n3ocort3x, maxwen
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: 2.3.6
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-24
Last Updated 2014-08-24