Thanks to all my beta testers for helping me iron out the wrinkles. I will still post beta versions here when I have new features that need testing.
Tired of entering your password all the time? SkipLock lets you skip past the lock screen when you're connected to a designated wifi or bluetooth device. When you're at home or in your car, your phone is safe and you don't need to be typing in that damn password all the time. When you're connected to your wifi network, or any bluetooth device, you can go straight to the home screen when you press the power button. You can even have it keep the phone unlocked while you're connected to a bluetooth keychain or headset. As soon as the phone gets out of range, it locks.
This is a public beta. SkipLock is a complete rewrite of Unlock With WiFi. Why rewrite it? This blog post explains the reasoning behind it.
Here are the new features in SkipLock:
- Pattern and face unlock supported on rooted devices
- Completely redesigned Android 4+ user interface
- No background service = less memory usage and more reliable
- No status bar icon required (but it’s still an option). Tray-only notifications also an option.
- If you have notifications enabled, you can now tap the notification to instantly lock the device
- Even more cool stuff coming later
Many of the existing features from Unlock With WiFi will also be in the new app. Some of them are:
- Automatically turn off wifi when leaving home
- Automatically turn on/off bluetooth
- Automatically turn on/off sync
- WidgetLocker integration
- Lock delay has been removed because Android 4+ supports it natively now
If you have a bug to report, press Bug Report in the app's menu. This will send me some diagnostic information that will help me figure out what's wrong. This is the quickest way to get a response. You may post more general questions in this thread, and I will try to answer them, but bug reports sent directly to me take precedence.
SkipLock requires Android 4.0 or above. Root is required for patterns and face unlock. Only PINs and passwords are supported without root.