Sick and tired of Samsung ignoring the official JB 4.1.2 update for our much maligned and forgotten device?
Well, you’re in luck, this guide will effectively turn your P6800 Wi-Fi device into a P6800-GSM/3G model. We do this by changing the device partition layout and then flashing P6800 firmware with Odin.
Of course, due to hardware differences, you won’t have a working radio/modem. Also, some unneeded system apk's will need to be removed and the UI will also need some cosmetic changes etc, but it's a start.
WARNING & DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible, YOU are! You can probably forget about your warranty. This will wipe everything and increase your flash counter too !
1. Internal sdcard contents backed up off device
2. Any apps & data (is you wish) backed up off device
1. P6810 Wi-Fi model with a FULL battery
2. Windows PC
4. Download P6800 JB 4.1.2 DXMD3 firmware from:Odin 3.07
6. Samsung drivers
1. Extract P6800_3G_16G.pit & P6800 firmware so you just have .pit & .tar files
a) Uninstall or disable KIES3. Run Odin 3.07 & install
b) Install Samsung drivers & reboot PC
[PIT] = P6800_3G_16G.pit4. Download Mode
[PDA] = P6800 official JB 4.1.2 firmware .tar file
a) Power off device5. Connect device to PC via USB cable
b) Hold volume down + Power
c) Release buttons at Warning Menu
d) Volume up to continue
6. ID:COM should change colour in Odin 3.07
7. Click [START] and watch the magic
8. If you get a screen message with button [Reset perangkat] (Reset device), just tap it
NEW PARTITION LAYOUT
*. Flash TWRP 2.6.1 in Odin [PDA]
*. Flash P6800 JB 4.1.2 SkyHigh kernel
MY P6810 RUNNING EROBOT ROM + SKYHIGH KERNEL
GUIDE: DOWNGRADE P6810 (WIFI) FROM OFFICIAL JB 4.1.2 TO ICS 4.0.4 IN POST #2