[Q] HTC BoomBass (turns off phone speakers so only subwoofer)

Search This thread

nielshtc

Feb 1, 2008
Amsterdam
I just received my HTC BoomBass subwoofer as part of a promotion with my HTC One. The bluetooth device pairs perfectly with NFC but it ONLY plays through the BoomBass. The idea is that the BoomBass is supposed to be a subwoofer that supports the sound coming from your phone's speakers but those get turned off as soon as the BoomBass is connected. So I'm basically listening to muffled bass-only sound.

In a way I understand the logic behind turning off the phone speakers when you connect to a bluetooth device (headset, bluetooth speakers) usually that's what you want. Not here though.

Any ideas how I can keep both the phone speakers and the BoomBass on?

Jackering

Mar 30, 2013
Leicester
www.twitter.com
I just received my HTC BoomBass subwoofer as part of a promotion with my HTC One. The bluetooth device pairs perfectly with NFC but it ONLY plays through the BoomBass. The idea is that the BoomBass is supposed to be a subwoofer that supports the sound coming from your phone's speakers but those get turned off as soon as the BoomBass is connected. So I'm basically listening to muffled bass-only sound.

In a way I understand the logic behind turning off the phone speakers when you connect to a bluetooth device (headset, bluetooth speakers) usually that's what you want. Not here though.

Any ideas how I can keep both the phone speakers and the BoomBass on?

Pretty sure it only works with the One Max, Its something in the software that keeps them on, as far as I know, could be wrong.

EDIT: Link it with NFC, Turn on NFC and tap it on top of the speaker then see if it works.

nielshtc

Feb 1, 2008
Amsterdam
Should work on all HTC One devices (Max, Mini and regular). It was a promotion from HTC Netherlands themselves: "buy an HTC One, get a BoomBass free". Would be very strange if it didn't work with the device they promoted it with. Linking the NFC isn't the problem, that works fine. Tapping the top of the speaker connects it and it starts playing, but it only plays through the BoomBass then.

ruudjeh

Jun 28, 2008
So why does it need the 4.3? I cannot update to 4.3 due to problems with my appradio but I would like to use the boombass speaker. I get sound over the speaker but it''s only the bass, the phone speakers do not work anymore. I know wit android 4.3 they do work so what is the difference and can't we make a mod for it so it does work in android 4.2.2?

Reactions: WhiteEggs

Jyerby

May 15, 2013
Is boom bass available in the US haven't hear day out it yet

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

nielshtc

Feb 1, 2008
Amsterdam
So why does it need the 4.3? I cannot update to 4.3 due to problems with my appradio but I would like to use the boombass speaker. I get sound over the speaker but it''s only the bass, the phone speakers do not work anymore. I know wit android 4.3 they do work so what is the difference and can't we make a mod for it so it does work in android 4.2.2?

I think it mostly has to do with the Sense version since the Boom Bass is only usable on HTC One/Max/Mini.

Unless you get it for free in some kind of deal I wouldn't advice anyone to buy the Boom Bass. It's clearly a problem to perfectly sync the audio between the Boom Bass subwoofer and the device speakers over a bluetooth connection. Even the slightest miss match in sync you'll notice and that's especially the case when you're listening to music (because you're listening to a rhythm). The Boom Bass is just a fraction of a second off which makes a whole song feel distorted and simply awkward. Less so when you're watching a video on the device because the not-perfect sync doesn't matter as much then.

ruudjeh

Jun 28, 2008
I got it for free so thats why i'm wondering ;) It's strange that under sense 5.5 it does work and under sense 5.0 not. Cannot figure out why

nighteeeeeY

Jun 24, 2013
Sydney/Bielefeld
Sorry to reheat this thread but I have the same problem. Just got the Boombass but its only playing through the bass not the phone speakers. I have Cyanogen with Kitkat 4.4. So its not the same problem? I guess? I dont know.

I even replaced the tfa folder after this suggestion but no difference. (It was suggested on a german forum with the same problem and this supposed to help, but it didnt.)

Does anyone have a solution? I would be very grateful. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.