Best App for Tracking Lost Phone

Search This thread

croach246

Mar 19, 2013
Hi all,

Can someone suggest the best app for locating a lost android phone?

After nearly loosing my S4 last night (running for a bus, fell out my pocket and ended up in a ditch...fortunately I bussed back as a last hope and found it!!!) I am searching for the beat app for this.

Thanks for any suggestions..
Conor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Logik200
Almost all antivirus companies have device tracking enabled through web.if you configured and recalled the data.you can track the location of phone and can remote swipe/sms and many more.I have tested that using kaspersky and NOD32 and webroot.this is the only chance to track else after stolen people throw away SIM,format the phone or change the IMEI so impossible to track back.

Novanod

Jul 1, 2013
Durban
I'm using avast! (Free) It has quite an extensive lost/stolen system built into it aswell as all the antivirus stuff. One thing I like about avast! (Not sure who else has this) it has a setting called 'Geo fencing'. Once set, if your phone leaves a, user set, distance from your current point, it automatically locks your phone and triggers any other protection activities, and sends a SMS to a pre-set cell number. Good for night clubs or busy shopping malls incase you get pick pocketed.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Logik200

croach246

Mar 19, 2013
Thanks for suggestions. Don't necessarily wanna install an anti virus on the phone.. Find they slow it down ( I know some people may disagree, but that's not the topic)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

23Six

Nov 7, 2012
Android now has a built in phone locator which can be activated in Settings > Security > Device administrators. Check Android Device Manager.

Uses Google's push service so it doesnt poll battery.

Link to web interface: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

In addition, I use AndroidLost from Play Store. Runs through Google servers so no background usage. Has an advanced plethora of controls on the web interface. Check it out.

Reactions: croach246

SteckDev

Feb 1, 2011
Google Device Manager

I have enjoyed using Google Device Manager. It has the ability to ring my phone for 5 mintues so I can find it easier. As well as the ability to locate it. Although like everything else depends on data connection. So if I lost in a park with a dead battery... NO DICE.

23Six

Nov 7, 2012
I have enjoyed using Google Device Manager. It has the ability to ring my phone for 5 mintues so I can find it easier. As well as the ability to locate it. Although like everything else depends on data connection. So if I lost in a park with a dead battery... NO DICE.
AndroidLost supports SMS controls. You could send an SMS message to activate GPS and auto reply the location, or you could send a message to enable WiFi/data and track that way.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

croach246

Mar 19, 2013
Thank you for all the suggestions !! I'll look into each one as soon as i get a moment. I'm sure others will benefit from these as well

croach246

Mar 19, 2013
Device manager seems to work well. It allows you to locate the device from another browser using Google maps, allows yo to ring the phone even if it's on vibrate or silent and once set up allows you too lock/erase all data from it.

May 8, 2011
Check out "Wheres my droid" from the play store. It is full of great features. Can set up triggers from text or phone numbers to make it ring. You can get is location from sending a specific text to your phone. You can lock it down,take a pic and even wipe it clean. Great app

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

croach246

Mar 19, 2013
Check out "Wheres my droid" from the play store. It is full of great features. Can set up triggers from text or phone numbers to make it ring. You can get is location from sending a specific text to your phone. You can lock it down,take a pic and even wipe it clean. Great app

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

Had a look at this. May still try it. Or use both device manager and Where's my droid

armenh72

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Need a program, which one not affected by factory reset.

Actually, this is a really important point. Which of these apps are still able to perform their advertized functions after it is being lost? Supposedly, whoever is in possession of the phone will through out SIM card and do a factory reset so all apps that use google services will not work anymore as they are Signed out... Are apps from antivirus suites immune to this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Can someone suggest the best app for locating a lost android phone?

After nearly loosing my S4 last night (running for a bus, fell out my pocket and ended up in a ditch...fortunately I bussed back as a last hope and found it!!!) I am searching for the beat app for this.

Thanks for any suggestions..
    Conor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I'm using avast! (Free) It has quite an extensive lost/stolen system built into it aswell as all the antivirus stuff. One thing I like about avast! (Not sure who else has this) it has a setting called 'Geo fencing'. Once set, if your phone leaves a, user set, distance from your current point, it automatically locks your phone and triggers any other protection activities, and sends a SMS to a pre-set cell number. Good for night clubs or busy shopping malls incase you get pick pocketed.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda app-developers app
    Android now has a built in phone locator which can be activated in Settings > Security > Device administrators. Check Android Device Manager.

Uses Google's push service so it doesnt poll battery.

Link to web interface: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

In addition, I use AndroidLost from Play Store. Runs through Google servers so no background usage. Has an advanced plethora of controls on the web interface. Check it out.
    cerberus is the best option for little money ( 3 € ) can have about 5 devices, and allows for many things, what I'm wearing and not disappointed.