FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XAP] [BIG Update] Youtube 3.2 P3.2 now with 100% more HD

335 posts
Thanks Meter: 298

By compu829, Senior Member on 14th November 2013, 12:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
**Update 02/11/2015**

Google made some changes on the back end, so the url I was using "http://m.youtube.com/watch?ajax=1&tsp=1&v={0}&dummy={1}"; now returns a "redirect" message instead of the expected data. I can get it to work, but it will be ugly as I need to now manually parse the info out of the mobile html page.

I am leaving this up as it appears to be still working in other countries.

All,

Here is the official patched Youtube app! Hopefully this will tide everyone over until Google and Microsoft stop fighting!

Special thanks to @AlvinPhilemon for providing the unencrypted xap!
Special thanks to @Topogigi for spurring me on this afternoon.

I am uploading two versions:
1. Youtube_Interop.xap for interop-unlocked devices that can use ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO_FULL
2. Youtube_NoInterop.xap for developer unlocked devices.

If you are having trouble using the "Application Deployment" tool located in the Windows Phone 8 SDK(keep getting an error that says "Error - Deployment optimization failed due to an invalid assembly. Rebuild your source projects and try again."), use the deployment tool that comes with WP8 PowerTools. http://wptools.codeplex.com/

Enjoy and post your results!

Don't forget to say "Thanks!"

**EDIT**
I have updated the versions in this post to include a properly compiled version of "YouTube.TaskAgent.dll" This should take care of any AV warnings with the original version.

This dll controls the live tiles! let me know if they still work.

**EDIT 2* I accidentally uploaded the wrong version of the Youtube_Interop_P2.xap earlier. It has the wrong "YouTube.ViewModel.dll" in it.

***P3 UPDATE***
All, I give you the P3 Update! It includes the following Fixes & Enhancements:
1. Vevo/Encrypted videos should be working for now. (Hopefully Youtube won't update their API for a while lol)
2. I removed that pesky "the content owner did not make this available for mobile" message. (It looked implemented wrong anyways)
3. This version comes with 100% less ads (Felt like "sticking it to the man" lol)
4. COMMENTS now work 100%

***P3.1 UPDATE***
1. "High Quality" mode working again! Fixed all videos default to pulling from m.youtube.com regardless of encryption status.

***P3.2 UPDATE***
1. "High Quality" mode working for ALL VIDEOS INCLUDING ENCRYPTED!!!

Things that still need work:
1. Video Upload is broken still. I will take a look at it as I have time...I am guessing it is a parsing issue. The Interop-Unlocked version may "just work" on an ATIV S for uploads. I need someone to test.
2. I would like to update the signature decryption methods to make it ia bit more "future-proof". IF anyone knows a good way to parse the html5 player, I may give that a shot.

As always, Enjoy and thanks for all the feedback and support!
Attached Files
File Type: xap youtube_Interop_P3.2.xap - [Click for QR Code] (3.66 MB, 35201 views)
File Type: xap youtube_NoInterop_P3.2.xap - [Click for QR Code] (3.66 MB, 55126 views)
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to compu829 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift compu829 Ad-Free

14th November 2013, 07:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compu829

Awesome! However, when I try to deploy to my Dev Unlocked Lumia 1020, I get the following:

Quote:

Error - Deployment optimization failed due to an invalid assembly. Rebuild your source projects and try again.

14th November 2013, 08:51 AM |#3  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 1,507

More
Wink Great!
Interop unlock version working a charme here on an Ativ S. It's a pleasure to see the official youtube working again. Grab it while it lasts!

P.S. No need to thank me, BTW: It's only the way this board is intended to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Topogigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Topogigi Ad-Free
14th November 2013, 12:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
do you have any idea why Avast! thinks its a virus?

"Infection Blocked

URL:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/ce281cae8898e2...

Infection:

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]"
14th November 2013, 12:49 PM |#5  
Flag Varese

More
Many thanks for this, mate
14th November 2013, 12:53 PM |#6  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahar28

do you have any idea why Avast! thinks its a virus?

"Infection Blocked

URL:

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/ce281cae8898e2...

Infection:

Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]"

for me too this xap is notified as a malware
14th November 2013, 02:40 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

All,

Here is the official patched Youtube app! Hopefully this will tide everyone over until Google and Microsoft stop fighting!

Special thanks to @AlvinPhilemon for providing the unencrypted xap!
Special thanks to @Topogigi for spurring me on this afternoon.

I am uploading two versions:
1. Youtube_Interop.xap for interop-unlocked devices that can use ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO_FULL
2. Youtube_NoInterop.xap for developer unlocked devices.

you can do it for windows phone 7.8?
14th November 2013, 04:33 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 298

More
@Shahar28 @znial It is being flagged as "malware" because I hex-edited a new developer key into the "YouTube.TaskAgent.dll" file. If you want to unzip it, and make your AV check all the files individually, that is the one it will complain about. This was more efficient instead of de-compiling and re-compiling because only one thing needed to be changed. As a byproduct of this, none of the checksums built into the dll match anymore.

@onlinespending what tool are you using to deploy this? I used the built-in "Application Deployment" tool built into the WP8 SDK. I am guessing it is complaining due to what I said above.

@josaya Windows Phone 8 only. Plus you lucky WP7.8 users have plenty of nice youtube clients written by OEMs and other developers, like HTC
14th November 2013, 04:51 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

@Shahar28 @znial It is being flagged as "malware" because I hex-edited a new developer key into the "YouTube.TaskAgent.dll" file. If you want to unzip it, and make your AV check all the files individually, that is the one it will complain about. This was more efficient instead of de-compiling and re-compiling because only one thing needed to be changed. As a byproduct of this, none of the checksums built into the dll match anymore.

@onlinespending what tool are you using to deploy this? I used the built-in "Application Deployment" tool built into the WP8 SDK. I am guessing it is complaining due to what I said above.

@josaya Windows Phone 8 only. Plus you lucky WP7.8 users have plenty of nice youtube clients written by OEMs and other developers, like HTC

Gli utenti di Windows phone 7 sono i figli di nessuno!
The Following User Says Thank You to josaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josaya Ad-Free
14th November 2013, 04:59 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Yeah, I'm using the built in Application Deployment as part of the WP8 SDK. I was able to sideload a decrypted swapchat.xap I found, so I can certainly side load other xaps. Is there anyway to decompile and recompile the DLL as you suggested? Would love to get this working.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djadry

Many thanks for this, mate

Did you try this on your Lumia which isn't interop unlocked. So far I've only seen people claim success that have used it on the interop unlocked ATIV S.
14th November 2013, 05:51 PM |#11  
Flag Varese

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinespending

Did you try this on your Lumia which isn't interop unlocked. So far I've only seen people claim success that have used it on the interop unlocked ATIV S.

I've tried the Interop version on the Ativ and the NoInterop on the 820. They both work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xap, youtube, youtube xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)