FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Is Kingo root really dangerous

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Pittermann, Junior Member on 15th November 2013, 10:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I write from Germany and I've read this HERE. Is this true? Is Kingo root really dangerous? Is there any alternative root for LG G Pad?

15th November 2013, 02:24 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Originally Posted by Pittermann

Hello,

I write from Germany and I've read this HERE. Is this true? Is Kingo root really dangerous? Is there any alternative root for LG G Pad?

Rooted my lg pad 8.3 safely so I would not worry.
15th November 2013, 02:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Mine is rooted successfully with Kingo too.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
15th November 2013, 03:04 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Rooting isn't the problem. This works fine. I know. But what is with grabbing/spy and other sensitive data? That's the question. I've read that personal data be spied by a china server.

Please read my link.

Two quotes from my link:

Quote:

I can confirm that something unknown/suspicious is being uploaded to your PC on running the android root.exe file. The IP address (hex) corresponds to a website/location in ZH (China) (whois). My antivirus and firewall blocked it out, and the programme halted on my PC, and I couldn't root my mom's New Samsung galaxy trend duos. I uninstalled the app & thank goodness I was running the file sandboxed.....caveat emptor everyone......

Dead Cookies leave no trails...

Quote:

Bumping this thread to clear some things up:

The tool isn't allowed on the forums right now, we're still working out some issues with them. Biggest issue being sending sensitive data unencrypted to their servers in China and grabbing the IMEI with no apparent reason. When that is solved the whole issue will be reassessed.

Thread closed. (for now)

I think this tool Kingo Root is very risky.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pittermann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pittermann Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 03:27 PM |#5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1,256

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Rooting isn't the problem. This works fine. I know. But what is with grabbing/spy and other sensitive data? That's the question. I've read that personal data be spied by a china server.

Please read my link.

Two quotes from my link:

I think this tool Kingo Root is very risky.

I would hope it is clean... You can always try the G2 root method to see if it works, they are very similar.

btw questions go in the Q&A section not the general... that is why it exists
15th November 2013, 03:42 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

I would hope it is clean... You can always try the G2 root method to see if it works, they are very similar.

btw questions go in the Q&A section not the general... that is why it exists

Hello,

"hope" is too uncertain for me. And similar is not the same. I think that doesn't work fine. Or do you 100% know that it works?

Sorry, I'm here for the first time and I doesn't know that with Q&A. But now I know it.

And sorry for my english. Ist not the best. I know
15th November 2013, 04:00 PM |#7  
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello,

"hope" is too uncertain for me. And similar is not the same. I think that doesn't work fine. Or do you 100% know that it works?

Sorry, I'm here for the first time and I doesn't know that with Q&A. But now I know it.

And sorry for my english. Ist not the best. I know

It does work, if you look here you will see that a lot of people had success with it.
15th November 2013, 04:54 PM |#8  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Although the exe seems clear, the problem is that it requires permission from my firewall to connect to internet and download additional drivers(?). This is definitely suspicious as they could had been included in the exe. And as a user said it tries to connect to some ip that is chinese. I wanted to root my lg g pad using kingo but i had seen the thread you mention and as xda doesnt support this app i ll wait till they find a way to unlock bootloader and install a custom recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katsika For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift katsika Ad-Free
16th November 2013, 07:05 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I will wait too. That's for me also too suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

It does work, if you look here you will see that a lot of people had success with it.

Again, I know that kingo works. but I think this tool contains a trojan.

And with my question, I did not mean kingo, but I meant the root method of G2. Do you 100% know that it works also with LG G Pad?
16th November 2013, 05:21 PM |#10  
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I will wait too. That's for me also too suspicious.

Again, I know that kingo works. but I think this tool contains a trojan.

And with my question, I did not mean kingo, but I meant the root method of G2. Do you 100% know that it works also with LG G Pad?

Nope , no one has tested it and i dont have my g pad yet. The G2 and G Pad are very similar as far as OS

But if you are worried about kingo even though no one has had any issues with their g pad then dont root. I will take my chances when i get mine if there are not alternative methoda.
16th November 2013, 08:26 PM |#11  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Worked great on mine, rooted it about an hr after I got home with it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)