FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VIDEO] How to root/flash a Chromecast with FlashCast

782 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,511

By ddggttff3, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 16th November 2013, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2015, 04:39 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about the ones which are already been setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggttff3

Due to the confusion on how to setup flashcast and install pwnedcast, I decided to make a tutorial Video. Sorry for the crappy video/audio, I need a new webcam.

NOTE: this will work on a chromecast that has not been setup yet, and we recommend rooting a device before setup to prevent any accidental OTA update.

Hope this helps!

also, bonus points for anyone who finds the "teaser" in the video.

Hi, can I root my chromecast if its been already setup and been updated! I bought it a month ago and been using it without any issues except for Netflix. As I am outside the Netflix region and needs chromecast to use custom DNS and hency my reason for wanting to root it. Please let me know. Thanks.

28th June 2015, 09:26 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Ç OK on bb. ,.! .mm

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 4G LTE (XT1526)
29th June 2015, 04:05 AM |#73  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajonnz09

Hi, can I root my chromecast if its been already setup and been updated! I bought it a month ago and been using it without any issues except for Netflix. As I am outside the Netflix region and needs chromecast to use custom DNS and hency my reason for wanting to root it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry, no.
See this thread for more information. Once it's been set up and connected, it's the firmware build that determines rootability, regardless of serial number, and any non-rooted Chromecast that has been connected (and hence automatically updating) would have been updated to a non-rootable firmware many months ago.
26th January 2018, 10:01 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrtok

question, the other end of the OTG cable is plugged into your computer? where do chromecast get its power?

It plugs into charger
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)