FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sailfish SDK on the Touchpad with libhybris

381 posts
Thanks Meter: 485

Post Reply Email Thread
HP Touchpad running Sailfish SDK with libhybris....

Yep.. Using ICS\CM9 because I tried and tried and tried with CM10.1 and no go.

Started with an N950 Nokia Sailfish SDK Image from a meego thread.

=) You thought it would be a video of the touchpad and sailfish eh? Maybe later..

NOTE. There is ZERO Applications with this. It is just the SDK. Not worth messing with unless you REALLY want to. You WILL need to create a lvm partition that is /dev/store/ubuntu formatted as ext3 that is around 2gb or more.. And you will need to create some space on boot. Take a look at the Ubuntu Touch Partition Creator on the Ubuntu Touch thread.. or just create it yourself..

It is just like this except we have the touchscreen working and a mouse if you want with a y cable.
If you need help with Hybris give me a shout.. and you DO NOT have an HP Touchpad.. Read the end of my ubuntu touch thread or around page 30 and on to read what I did.

Jolla is about to come out with an awesome porting guide for the OS. And it just involves using the .zip file from cyanogenmod.. No recompiling. I just wanted to do this for fun.

hybris was not easy to install for ICS. I configured with ics headers and built with jb headers from nfc during make and removed test_gps from the Makefiles... do not run make clean.. just make install.

Woot Woot! Thanks to STSKeeps... because.. he invented libhybris starting on a HP Touchpad. Yep.. I bet sailfish sdk has seen the touchpad before. =)

Thanks to.. SourenAraya from the meego thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1387183

Not like Ubuntu Touch at all.. No LXC container.. no chroot.. just /system folder.. and you can use it.

http://gdurl.com/N-C1/download RootFS
http://gdurl.com/T0IP/download Kernel

This kernel uses a console=ttyS0 but your better off using console=ttyUSB0 and a prolific rs-232 to usb adapter... and getting a getty\console if you want to look around while its up. Or create the HP Touchpad headphone jack uart cable that requires a 4 pin headphone cable with a mic and stereo speakers. Google it.. I bought the cable but never spliced it.

Important files\folders that were changed
/system
/libhybris (make install only)
/headertest
/var/lib/environment/compositor/* (EGL_PLATFORM=null)
/usr/bin/wifi
/usr/bin/ts_srv
/lib/systemd/system/ts_srv.service
/lib/systemd/system/wifi.service
/lib/systemd/system/default.target.wants
/lib/modules
/lib/firmware
.bashrc

That is where the root filesystems differ. /usr/bin/wifi does more then you think.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free

18th November 2013, 02:32 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
My notes.. in case I lose this file.. most of the info here is not useful.. but.. whatever.

Got Tearing???? hehehe

cp arch/arm/boot/uImage ~/moboot/tools
cd ~/moboot/tools
rm uImage.Mer
rm uRamdisk
rm kernel.img
./uimage-extract uImage
rm uImage
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x40208000 -e 0x40208000 -n "Kernel" -d kernel.img uImage
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C none -a 0x60000000 -e 0x60000000 -n "Image" -d ramdisk.img uRamdisk
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T multi -a 0x40208000 -e 0x40208000 -C none -n "multi image" -d uImage:uRamdisk uImage.Mer
cat uImage.Mer | novacom put finemo-apps-wayland | Nemo Apps | pattern
| nemo-complete-wayland | Nemo Comple-> | pattern
| nemo-mobile-session-wayland | Wayland con-> | package
| nemo-rnd-wayland | Nemo RND Wa-> | pattern
| nemo-ux-wayland le:///boot/uImage.Mer

sed -i '$ a nameserver 8.8.8.8' > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-wayland --with-android-headers=/headertest --with-default-egl-platform=ics --enable-debug --enable-mesa --enable-trace

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-debug --enable-mesa --enable-trace --enable-alinker=jb

QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=24 /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs
QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=32 /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs
QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=16 /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs

QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH=1024 QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT=768
QT_WAYLAND_GL_CONFIG=brcm_egl QT_QPA_EGLFS_WIDTH=1024 QT_QPA_EGLFS_HEIGHT=768 QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=24 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs ./usr/lib/qt5/examples/qtwayland/qml-compositor/main.qml

QT_QPA_EGLFS_HIDECURSOR=1 QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH=400 QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT=300 QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=24 /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs

zypper install make gcc automake libtool wayland-devel gcc-c++ libX11-devel
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-wayland --with-android-headers=/headertest --enable-mesa --enable-debug --enable-trace --with-default-egl-platform=null
make
make install
[[email protected] libhybris]# mv eglplatform_null.la eglplatform_jb.la
[[email protected] libhybris]# mv eglplatform_null.so eglplatform_jb.so
test_glesv2 works!
gpasswd -a nemo hybris
gpasswd -a root hybris
echo 5.9.68.173 repo.pub.meego.com | tee -a /etc/hosts
echo 5.9.68.173 releases.nemomobile.org | tee -a /etc/hosts

move hybris into external!!!!
remove sgx and n950 stuff
egl-utils eglext-tests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

releases.nemomobile.org

zypper in qt5-qtwayland-wayland_egl-examples qt5-plugin-imageformat-jpeg qt5-plugin-platform-eglfs qt5-qtsvg-plugin-imageformat-svg gettext

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-gallium-llvm --enable-gallium-egl --with-state-trackers=egl --enable-glew=no --enable-glw=no --enable-glut=no --enable-gles1=yes --enable-gles2=yes --enable-egl=yes --enable-gallium-egl --enable-osmesa=no --with-egl-platforms=fbdev,wayland --enable-glx-tls --enable-glx=yes --enable-dri=no

/home/justin/UTA/ubuntu/hybris ./usr/lib/qt5/examples/qtwayland/qml-compositor/WindowChrome.qml

PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
libcamera_compat_layer \
libis_compat_layer \
libmedia_compat_layer \
libsf_compat_layer \
libui_compat_layer \
direct_camera_test \
direct_input_test \
direct_media_test \
direct_sf_test \
libubuntu_application_api \
ubuntuappmanager \
ubuntu_chroot \
uchroot \
upstart-property-watcher

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-x --enable-gallium-llvm --with-dri-drivers=swrast --with-state-trackers=egl --enable-glew=no --enable-glw=no --enable-glut=no --enable-gles1=yes --enable-gles2=yes --enable-egl=yes --enable-gallium-egl --enable-osmesa=no --with-gallium-drivers=swrast --with-egl-platforms=x11,fbdev,wayland --enable-glx-tls --enable-glx=yes --enable-dri

nemo-apps-wayland | Nemo Apps | pattern
| nemo-complete-wayland | Nemo Comple-> | pattern
| nemo-mobile-session-wayland | Wayland con-> | package
| nemo-rnd-wayland | Nemo RND Wa-> | pattern
| nemo-ux-wayland
Sat Nov 16 17:09:11 EET 2013
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-x --enable-gallium-llvm --with-dri-drivers=swrast --with-state-trackers=egl --enable-glew=no --enable-glw=no --enable-glut=no --enable-gles1=yes --enable-gles2=yes --enable-egl=yes --enable-gallium-egl --enable-osmesa=no --with-egl-platforms=x11,fbdev,wayland --enable-glx-tls --enable-glx=yes --enable-dri

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/nemo/bin:/sbin"

Sat Nov 16 17:09:11 EET 2013

I/gralloc (19700): width = 163 mm (159.568 dpi)
I/gralloc (19700): height = 122 mm (159.895 dpi)

QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH=163 QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT=122 QT_QPA_EGLFS_DEPTH=32 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmlscene -platform eglfs
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1111): EGLSurface: 8-8-8-0, config=0x7

cd /dev
rm -f /dev/log
mkdir /dev/log
chmod 777 /dev/log
cd /dev/log
ln -s /dev/log_main main
ln -s /dev/log_system system
ln -s /dev/log_events events
ln -s /dev/log_radio radio
mkdir /dev/graphics
cd /dev/graphics
ln -s /dev/fb0 fb0
chmod 666 /dev/graphics/fb0
chmod 666 /dev/fb0
chmod 666 /dev/genlock
chmod 666 /dev/log*
chmod 666 /dev/log/*
chmod 666 /dev/kgsl*
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 12:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Thumbs up
Looks promising!. I can't wait to try Jolla on my tablet, long live the Touchpad
11th December 2013, 06:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
you make my day man, now waiting for jola
thank you
30th December 2013, 03:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, there this sounds great.
Can you Tell me where I find instructions for installing Nemo Mobile on the TP?
I Remember having it installed on the N900 about 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot
20th January 2014, 04:09 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Cactus

Hi, there this sounds great.
Can you Tell me where I find instructions for installing Nemo Mobile on the TP?
I Remember having it installed on the N900 about 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot

I have a private image and kernel that runs it. It doesnt do that much.. I think. I haven't really played with it.. I did have a gui and touch though.

I suppose I can retry with 3.0.1 and then upload it....

I got the nemo thing from... hmm how did I build it? For nemo.. I think I built it from the instructions for another device.. then I compiled my own /system folder and compiled libhybris. Got that working.

Then I went after Qt5.. Then it worked. It was also a pain to get hybris to work with ics.. that I remember.

OH.. move hybris into external!!!!
remove sgx and n950 stuff
egl-utils eglext-tests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most likely I compiled an image for the Nexus or just downloaded one, but then after it booted on the touchpad kernel with the nemo ramdisk built into the kernel and most likely modified, I started to remove stuff with yum or whatever.. before recompiling hybris.. the n950 packages screwed stuff up and broke the touchscreen?

Anyway.. it ended up working.. don't think I tested sound or bluetooth or wifi though. pretty sure settings was blank? Nemo needed more work? Doubt that will happen because of Jolla and Sailfish.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)