JELLYBEAN / KITKAT on SG ACE+
This is the Original Thread for Troubleshooting Jellybean & Kit Kat on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.
First of all the credit goes to all the developers without whom it would not be possible to TASTE JellyBean/KitKat on our SG Ace+.
This thread will provide you all the information in case you face any problem while using JellyBean or KitKat.
WARNING : This thread is only for JellyBean & KitKat users.
>>Things You Need To Know Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom
Before Flashing Any JellyBean Rom Be Sure That You Are Fully Prepared:
- See that the Ace Plus is Rooted. If not then Go Here
- Also make sure that you have installed CWM Recovery.
- Make Sure That the Rom is Compatible with Phone Model or variant.
- If You Brick Device Then Developers Will not be Responsible.
- Make Sure that You are Flashing Rom on your Own Risk.
>>Upgrading From Gingerbread to JellyBean/KitKat
If you are upgrading from Gingerbread to JellyBean then make sure you have performed all the above steps. It is a good choice if you have made your mind for upgrading to Jellybean. Now you will be able to taste the new API of Google with many new features of JellyBean and in bonus additional Cyanongenmod Features.
It is a smart and worth choice if you are upgrading to jellybean.
>>Enabling DEVELOPER OPTIONS in CM 10.x/11
To Enable USB Debugging just follow these steps:
- Open Settings > About Phone
- Navigate To Bottom you will Find Build Number.
- Tap 7-8 times Continuously on it till it says "You are a Developer Now" or something like that.(SEE IMAGE)
- Thats it.
>>Enabling USB DEBUGGING in CM 10.x/11
- Go to Settings > Developer Options
- Scroll Down
- Check USB DEBUGGING (SEE IMAGE)
- Thats it. Done.
>>Accessing The External Storage in CM 10.x/11
There are Many Ways to access your External SD using CM File Manager
Easy Method (No Root Permission Required):
If you Have Enabled Root in CM File Manager then disable it.(JUST FOR SAFETY)
- Open CM File Manager.
- Now Open Bookmarks.(SEE IMAGE)
- Now Select SDcard.(SEE IMAGE)
- Thats it there you are.
Advanced Method (Root Permission Required):
As an alternative you can also use this method to access your External SD
- Open CM File Manager>Settings>Advanced>Access Mode
- Change the access mode to root mode. Allow File Manager to Access Root.
- Now press back button till you don't see Storage 1 & 2.
- When you get there Tap Storage2. It is your External_sd.
- There you are Enjoy.
Now, Whenever you want to access external repeat last two steps.
Note : You can also use other File Managers Available in the Play Store such as ES File Explorer.
>>White/Black Screen Fade Issue
If you are flashing CM 10.x on any other variant other than GT-S7500 the you will get white/black screen fade issue while booting.
Till now there is no solution for that.
Warning: Don't use the Gingerbread Method for solving this issue you will end up with a shiny brick.
>>WiFi Turns Off When Screen Locked
No need to worry. The WiFi turns off when we lock our phone due to WiFi Optimisation Bug.
Follow this :
- Go to Settings > WiFi > Press Menu Botton > Advanced (SEE IMAGE)
- Now Scroll Down you will see that Wifi Optimisation is Checked
- Uncheck WiFi Optimisation.(SEE IMAGE)
- Thats it now WiFi will not turn off when phone is locked.
Note : Disabling WiFi Optimisation will not affect your phone's performance nor battery life. Just disable it without any worries.
>>Using Flashlight on CM 10.x/11
Note: If you are using Liam.D's CM11 then you don't need to do these steps.
Requires Root & Xposed:
- Download, Install & Activate Xposed Installer.
- Now Search for Flashlight Fixer or Download & Install Apk Directly from here Flashlight Fixer
- Once Installed Activate Module and Restart the phone.
- Now open the app and Select the first option and "Flash & Autofocus Delay" = 500.
(Note : If you lower the value then camera will fail to autofocus)
- Thats it now flash light will work with most of the apps.
Flashlight Modes in Camera app after installing Module :
- Off = Flashlight off
- On = Torch Mode
- Auto = Flashlight On Mode 9 (Ambient Light Detection doesn't work due to lack of new driver)
Use any app from this thread to use Flashlight
To use flashlight with camera you can use overlaying flash toggle and manually enable and disable flashlight for taking pictures.
And to use it like normal flashlight use Torch app from the above mentioned Thread
>>Solving Severe Battery Drain on CM11
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard
- Now Press Menu Key or Open 3-Dot Menu.
- Check "Show built-in apps"
- Scroll Down to "Google Play Services" & Long Press on it.
- Now Select 'Denied' in Location, Wake up & Keep awake.
- Thats it.
>>PRO TIPS FOR BATTERY SAVING & PERFORMANCE :
- Use Greenify app from Play Store and Hibernate those apps that you thing will slow down the performance. It is worth battery saving.
It will save your battery up to certain extent.
- Or use Servicely.
- Use Supercharger Script to make your phone more smoother. (512 HP Settings Recommended for Supercharging).
(Warning : Don't use it on CM11)
- Make Sure you keep all the apps up-to-date.
>>Enable Android Device Manager for Security (Recommended)
This is the latest feature that Google has added to Google Play Service and most of the users are not aware about it.
Everytime you install a new rom, login, and carry on your work but you forget to Enable this feature.
It is highly recommended for users to keep it enabled.
What it does?
Using this feature you can Remotely wipe your device, ring your device. This feature can erase your important information such as contacts, messages and other information in case your device gets Stolen.
How do I enable it?
- Go to Settings > Security
- Scroll Down and Select Device Administrators
- There you will See that Android Device Manager is Unchecked.
- Now tap on Check Android Device Manager
- Now Select Activate (See Image)
- Thats it you have now enabled it.
>>Taking Logcats (Easiest Method) :
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are Installed
- Advanced Logcat Viewer (GET FROM HERE)
- Make Sure you have Enabled Developer Options (See Above)
- Make Sure you enable USB Debugging is Enabled (If not enabled then See the Instructions given above)
- Enable Developer Options
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers
- Connect the Phone to PC
- Install Advanced Logcat Viewer
- Follow on Screen Instrustions (It is so simple).
Note: If Logcat doesn't start then see your Android Screen a popup will open. Select OK (See Image)
MORE STUFF COMING SOON.....!!