FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.4.4 STOCK KTU84P][BSZKitKat v1.6][SuperSU|ZipAlign|DEODEX|ODEX][20/06/14]

787 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,469

Post Reply Email Thread
Stock 4.4.4 ROM (KTU849) for WiFi Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper

Hi! This was created using @dsixda's kitchen (which I had to tweak for our device to get working). This was created by unpacking the latest KitKat OTA (KTU84P) and adding SuperSU/busybox...

Featuring:
  • Stock Android 4.4.4 KTU84P for Nexus 7 (2012)
  • 4-way power menu! Thanks @cargobr151 - Need to get an update or figure out how to do this for now hopefully we can use GravityBox...
  • Google Experience Launcher (GEL) or Launcher2 (NOGEL) - you will be asked which to use on first boot. Don't be afraid to pick "always use" you can change the default launcher at any time in Settings --> Home - What happened to GEL? Just grab the Google Now Launcher from play store (no room on /system partition)... If coming from a prior version with GEL and not wiping data you should be fine.
  • Busybox v1.22.1 (needed for Trickster MOD)
  • SuperSU 2.00 with latest SU binary
  • Odexed & Deodexed
  • FOTAKill.apk in /system/app to prevent future OTA notifications (thanks for the suggestion)

DEODEX (DEODEX is here for themers and by request)
v1.6 - MEGA https://mega.nz/#!mZ1UUYjR!7tJG3tS7i...nrKBs_XFwXKAxk
v1.6 - AFH https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862728316
NOTE DEODEX takes longer to boot than ODEX on FIRST boot after wiping dalvik!
md5 - 92013590d4bb58d628cf7242a2893e57

ODEX (Stock is Odexed from Google)
v1.6 - MEGA https://mega.nz/#!mJ0h2RjQ!HRTlGdxOu...do9fDp6eiyd_ec
v1.6 - AFH https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298956370
md5 - 9517b7ae70113792bfe8bf5d4d77eaf0

KTU84P Factory Image (for reverting to stock - NOTE running flashall.bat will WIPE internal storage - make backups!!!!)
MEGA https://mega.co.nz/#!eJtRwaTL!RlT3aA...UaUA7PyFLk62AU
md5 - 176a1561f322e86216b7edaaa4b2c6bf

CAN flash with no wipe over any of my 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.2.2/1.3/1.5/1.6 builds and stock JWR66Y/KRT16O/KRT16S/KOT49H/KTU84L/KTU84P

Coming soon:
  • ART? (Sorry still no ART in 4.4.4 for our device! No overhead on /system partition...)
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • GEL baked in (again)?

NOTES:
  • BACKUP using TWRP and Titanium - save those files off the device to a USB stick external HDD or whatnot! Not responsible for lost data!
  • Be sure you are at bootloader 4.23 or you could have slow charge issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2150251
  • ONLY TESTED USING TWRP 2.7.1.1/2.8.0.0 - NOTE there was a buggy release of 2.7.1.1 that doesn't play nice with the update-binary in my zip. If any issue flashing/booting first verify MD5 and then flash latest TWRP linked towards the bottom of this page http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/grouper. Should also flash fine under CWM but I personally prefer TWRP. A future update may move to the newer update-binary and updater-script files used in ROMs compiled from source like CM.
  • May need to unplug and replug USB cable to see Nexus 7 storage under My Computer! (or toggle MTP in Settings --> Storage --> Menu button in upper right)
  • If coming from STOCK 4.4/4.3 I can't think of a need to wipe - otherwise if issue or coming from another ROM (PA, CM, etc.) please do a data wipe and cache/dalvik-cache wipe
  • GApps are the stock ones that come with this tablet - no need to flash GApps.
  • You will see a BUNCH of updates when you sign into Google if you've wiped Data - results in an initial slowdown.
  • Before you ask, no ART doesn't appear to be working. I will make a new AOSP-based ROM for 4.4.4 for those wanting ART.
@dsixda for the Kitchen! (Consider donating to him work is paused on the kitchen he said due to health)
@Chainfire for SuperSU and keeping it updated for KitKat!
@azoller1 for v4.23 bootloader thread and flashable zip
@robgee789 for all the assistance in this thread!
@Metallice for M-Kernel
@RobZarzecki and @robgee789 for cool GravityBox tips!
@cargobr151 for 4 way power menu!
@treIII for being one of the first to flash and requesting stuff like Deodex and GEL
Phandroid for GEL article gave me idea to integrate into ROM http://phandroid.com/2013/11/14/how-...oogle-command/
Google for Android
The Following 97 Users Say Thank You to bshiznit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bshiznit Ad-Free

18th November 2013, 11:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Changelog/Recommended Apps
Changelog:
v1.0 --> v1.1
  • v1.1 introduces Google Experience Launcher as second ROM option (Updated PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and added GoogleHome.apk)
  • Attempt to fix USB Debugging being on by default (hope to help issue with being unable to see Nexus 7 in My Computer as MTP device)
v1.1 --> v1.2
  • SuperSU up to v1.75 and latest su and daemonsu binaries
  • Kernel now BONE STOCK secured (root will still work) - USB Debugging now OFF by default. Hopefully MTP is more reliable now
  • One ROM with both Launchers - on first boot select the blue one for GEL or the other for stock - Settings --> Home to toggle at any time
v1.2 --> v1.2.2
  • Android 4.4.2 KOT49H!
  • SuperSU up to v1.80 and latest su and daemonsu binaries
  • FOTAKill.apk to prevent future OTA notifications
  • Most Play store GApps updates integrated (ran out of room in /system partition!)
v1.2.2 --> v1.3
  • Deodex version added
  • Still Android 4.4.2 KOT49H
  • SuperSU up to v1.91 and latest su and daemonsu binaries
  • Youtube, Google Quick Search Box, Google Play Services, Play Store and Maps updates integrated
  • 4 way power menu (thanks @cargobr151)
v1.3 --> v1.5
  • Updated to KTU84L
  • SuperSU up to v1.94 and latest su and daemonsu binaries
v1.5 --> v1.6
  • Updated to KTU84P
  • SuperSU up to v2.00 and latest su and daemonsu binaries
  • Busybox v1.22.1

Prior Versions:
DEODEXODEX
Kernel/Apps:
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bshiznit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bshiznit Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 02:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
This installed. Nice job. But my question is why does it not come with the experience launcher? Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to treIII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift treIII Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 02:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
can i flash this straight from a 4.3 Rom, or do i need to go to stock first?
19th November 2013, 04:30 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
This is a nice rom but I can't get my tablet to charge. Any idea why?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
19th November 2013, 06:07 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Does auto-rotate works in this ROM? I tried stock + Go launcher and auto-rotate don't work, but only work when manual set to Horizontal or Vertical from Go launcher setting!
The Following User Says Thank You to vothanhtam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vothanhtam Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 06:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Is this based on the KRT**0 or KRT**M build?
19th November 2013, 08:16 AM |#8  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
First Impression
First Impression:

Unlike the other stock one, this installs..

Auto rotation works, No GEL not a deal breaker tho
19th November 2013, 11:08 AM |#9  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Installed using MultiRom. No problems installing. Loads without errors, signed into Google. No problems. Recommended. Thank you. Nice work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobZarzecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RobZarzecki Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 02:37 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

This installed. Nice job. But my question is why does it not come with the experience launcher? Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Try the PA GApps package http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=sh...iles&flid=7988
At time of writing the one to use is pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131118-signed.zip just flash it in recovery! Also be sure to turn on Google Now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bshiznit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bshiznit Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 02:41 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rester555

Is this based on the KRT**0 or KRT**M build?

This is straight from the OTA last week which was KRT16O (zip name was 13088e35942c77e4752aa1fdf51d54472509b941.signed-nakasi-KRT16O-from-JWR66Y.13088e35.zip)

I will add some of this info to the OP. Thanks for trying it and feedback!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bshiznit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bshiznit Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4 kitkat stock grouper

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)