Hi! This was created using @dsixda's kitchen (which I had to tweak for our device to get working). This was created by unpacking the latest KitKat OTA (KTU84P) and adding SuperSU/busybox...
- Stock Android 4.4.4 KTU84P for Nexus 7 (2012)
4-way power menu! Thanks @cargobr151- Need to get an update or figure out how to do this for now hopefully we can use GravityBox... Google Experience Launcher (GEL) or Launcher2 (NOGEL) - you will be asked which to use on first boot. Don't be afraid to pick "always use" you can change the default launcher at any time in Settings --> Home- What happened to GEL? Just grab the Google Now Launcher from play store (no room on /system partition)... If coming from a prior version with GEL and not wiping data you should be fine.
- Busybox v1.22.1 (needed for Trickster MOD)
- SuperSU 2.00 with latest SU binary
- Odexed & Deodexed
- FOTAKill.apk in /system/app to prevent future OTA notifications (thanks for the suggestion)
DEODEX (DEODEX is here for themers and by request)
v1.6 - MEGA https://mega.nz/#!mZ1UUYjR!7tJG3tS7i...nrKBs_XFwXKAxk
v1.6 - AFH https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862728316
NOTE DEODEX takes longer to boot than ODEX on FIRST boot after wiping dalvik!
md5 - 92013590d4bb58d628cf7242a2893e57
ODEX (Stock is Odexed from Google)
v1.6 - MEGA https://mega.nz/#!mJ0h2RjQ!HRTlGdxOu...do9fDp6eiyd_ec
v1.6 - AFH https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298956370
md5 - 9517b7ae70113792bfe8bf5d4d77eaf0
KTU84P Factory Image (for reverting to stock - NOTE running flashall.bat will WIPE internal storage - make backups!!!!)
md5 - 176a1561f322e86216b7edaaa4b2c6bf
CAN flash with no wipe over any of my 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.2.2/1.3/1.5/1.6 builds and stock JWR66Y/KRT16O/KRT16S/KOT49H/KTU84L/KTU84P
- ART? (Sorry still no ART in 4.4.4 for our device! No overhead on /system partition...)
- Advanced Power Menu
- GEL baked in (again)?
- BACKUP using TWRP and Titanium - save those files off the device to a USB stick external HDD or whatnot! Not responsible for lost data!
- Be sure you are at bootloader 4.23 or you could have slow charge issue http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2150251
- ONLY TESTED USING TWRP 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 - NOTE there was a buggy release of 184.108.40.206 that doesn't play nice with the update-binary in my zip. If any issue flashing/booting first verify MD5 and then flash latest TWRP linked towards the bottom of this page http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/grouper. Should also flash fine under CWM but I personally prefer TWRP. A future update may move to the newer update-binary and updater-script files used in ROMs compiled from source like CM.
- May need to unplug and replug USB cable to see Nexus 7 storage under My Computer! (or toggle MTP in Settings --> Storage --> Menu button in upper right)
- If coming from STOCK 4.4/4.3 I can't think of a need to wipe - otherwise if issue or coming from another ROM (PA, CM, etc.) please do a data wipe and cache/dalvik-cache wipe
- GApps are the stock ones that come with this tablet - no need to flash GApps.
- You will see a BUNCH of updates when you sign into Google if you've wiped Data - results in an initial slowdown.
- Before you ask, no ART doesn't appear to be working. I will make a new AOSP-based ROM for 4.4.4 for those wanting ART.
@dsixda for the Kitchen! (Consider donating to him work is paused on the kitchen he said due to health)
@Chainfire for SuperSU and keeping it updated for KitKat!
@azoller1 for v4.23 bootloader thread and flashable zip
@robgee789 for all the assistance in this thread!
@Metallice for M-Kernel
@RobZarzecki and @robgee789 for cool GravityBox tips!
@cargobr151 for 4 way power menu!
@treIII for being one of the first to flash and requesting stuff like Deodex and GEL
Phandroid for GEL article gave me idea to integrate into ROM http://phandroid.com/2013/11/14/how-...oogle-command/
Google for Android