FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Tegra Overclock OUYA Edition is finally here :)

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 74
 
By Kingshoo, Member on 20th November 2013, 09:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What this app is gonna do?
This will give you some boost that is really required to play games that are demanding on GPU front.

What this app require?
You need to be ROOTed and for that there is a really great app with one touch facility available! The link is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387507
After you get ROOTed just install the Tegra Overclock OUYA EDITION app from attachment and click on OK for one click optimization.

You can also change the actual resolution to somewhat lower to again get a massive boost in GPU intensive games or shall I say those games that scale with GPU clocks very well. (I can confirm nearly 2X boost in RipTideGP2 with all settings maxed out when comparing with 1080p to 720p option provided in the app )

Any kind of hazardous warning before use?
If anything goes wrong then you know where the power switch is! Close the console and cut the power and start again. We have not implemented the on Boot settings for safety reasons...


What about future updates?
I just wish that 4.2.2 gets for the OUYA and that will be a game changer for the console as that support full screen scaling on resolution changing vs screen compensation provided by current android 4.1 version....

NOTE: The app is fully free to use one click solution for OUYA owners and don't require you to get involve in any of cracking stuff Still the app does costs us in development and support front so any kind of donation will be greatly appreciated. If you are planning to buy any Tegra device in future then you can support us by purchasing the original Tegra Overclock app from the market that will in turn benefit you as well..

BTW don't forget to hit the thanks button :P

EDIT: Version 1.1 Change log
*Nothing new just made the interactive governor as a default rather than performance governor due to heating concern.
*Checked the code so that 2D GPU is set to 520 MHz too, in case it still reports half let me know..

EDIT: Version 1.2 Change Log
***Added requested LBCMT (LastBootCpuMaximumTemperature!) This shows the maximum temperature your device went during last boot.
***Added apply on boot (Works only when the USB device with at least a single file is detected to ensure you don't intentionally mess up anywhere :P)

The LBCMT will works as soon as you boot once after you open the app for the first time. Also note that YOU SHOULD NOT KILL THE APP manually by task killers or the reporting will be fake. BEWARE....

EDIT: Version 1.3 Change LOG
***Full screen stretched resolution support for CM11 Rom users. Use the special newly added resolution (will only work for CM users currently as no other 4.3 or 4.4 Roms available)

Fixes for temp not showing on custom kernel like EPRJ Kernel.


Thank you for being patient.
Attached Files
File Type: apk TegraOverclockOUYA1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (102.9 KB, 5630 views)
File Type: apk TegraOverclockOUYA2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (104.1 KB, 3069 views)
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Kingshoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kingshoo Ad-Free
 
 
21st November 2013, 05:42 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingshoo

What this app is gonna do?
This will give you some boost that is really required to play games that are demanding on GPU front.

What this app require?
You need to be ROOTed and for that there is a really great app with one touch facility available! The link is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387507
After you get ROOTed just install the Tegra Overclock OUYA EDITION app from attachment and click on OK for one click optimization.

You can also change the actual resolution to somewhat lower to again get a massive boost in GPU intensive games or shall I say those games that scale with GPU clocks very well. (I can confirm nearly 2X boost in RipTideGP2 with all settings maxed out when comparing with 1080p to 720p option provided in the app )

Any kind of hazardous warning before use?
If anything goes wrong then you know where the power switch is! Close the console and cut the power and start again. We have not implemented the on Boot settings for safety reasons...


What about future updates?
I just wish that 4.2.2 gets for the OUYA and that will be a game changer for the console as that support full screen scaling on resolution changing vs screen compensation provided by current android 4.1 version....

NOTE: The app is fully free to use one click solution for OUYA owners and don't require you to get involve in any of cracking stuff Still the app does costs us in development and support front so any kind of donation will be greatly appreciated. If you are planning to buy any Tegra device in future then you can support us by purchasing the original Tegra Overclock app from the market that will in turn benefit you as well..

BTW don't forget to hit the thanks button :P

now a simple question....can you tell me which options i need to use for get a best performance in ouya games and emu?
21st November 2013, 06:22 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
This app has a one click solution (found in the op). All you need to do is click the button and your ouya is optimized. The op already has this information.

On another note, this app rocks. Thank you.
21st November 2013, 06:28 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Holyoke
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Awesome, finally the OUYA version, im about to jump on this right now and give it a spin!!!
21st November 2013, 08:24 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight1812

This app has a one click solution (found in the op). All you need to do is click the button and your ouya is optimized. The op already has this information.

On another note, this app rocks. Thank you.

i asked before install...now i saw it very nice and user friendly
22nd November 2013, 12:43 AM |#6  
realhuh's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
.. one click optimization .. nice job .. cheers
22nd November 2013, 02:57 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke1981

now a simple question....can you tell me which options i need to use for get a best performance in ouya games and emu?

Just Press the OK button and wait a few seconds as the settings getting applied. After that Run your Emulator Games and you should notice a difference . Note that Resolution options also cuts the screen area so use them only if a game is unplayable!
22nd November 2013, 12:51 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
is there no way to allow users to set advanced profiles so that they can configure a medium and max overclock setting?

i saw the temps on my core rise up pretty quickly just from fiddling with the UI, not sure if I want to subject this little guy to that much abuse with no really efficient cooling solution under the hood.
22nd November 2013, 02:44 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Holyoke
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless_

is there no way to allow users to set advanced profiles so that they can configure a medium and max overclock setting?

i saw the temps on my core rise up pretty quickly just from fiddling with the UI, not sure if I want to subject this little guy to that much abuse with no really efficient cooling solution under the hood.

it's understandable for the lil guy to get hot quickly when you are overclocking the GPU+CPU, can't expected to run cool unless you put a better cooling fan into you console, i don't mid my ouya running a lil hot, well mines don't get hot enough cause my ouya got a acrylic custom shell with enough vents and airflow that keeps my console way cooler then the ouya stock/factory shell...
22nd November 2013, 03:02 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
its obvious that it would run hotter if the clock speed is higher. no one is disputing that. i just don't see how not allowing the user to specify speed as much of the other CPU overclocking programs like SetCPU allow the user to do.

It's a needed feature IF it can be supported and implemented.
22nd November 2013, 03:23 PM |#11  
ddelamareuk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Excellent!
I'll give this a bash tonight and see what improvements there are!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes