Originally Posted by davepmer

Try now, I am not home but I think I have it set to share now

Yup! All good. Got it. Thanks!

8th June 2014, 07:30 PM |#2272  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepmer

I really have not tested enough to find the changes. I am sorry, I am kind of cheating on you guys , making a build for my nexus right now. when it gets done I will
see if I can build an omnirom.

Which nexus do you have and are you planning on releasing the build for it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 08:10 PM |#2273  
Thanks Meter: 704

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboy143

Which nexus do you have and are you planning on releasing the build for it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Well I have a Nexus 4, and although the cyanogenmod 4.4.3 is working great on mu nexus 4 the omnirom is having wifi issues.
They have a work around but I think a fix would be better.

I thought there was an omnirom for the nexus 7
10th June 2014, 06:14 AM |#2274  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Dave, I have been using Omni now since Sunday afternoon. Seems to be pretty solid, just a little bit sluggish. I am still going through CPU governors and running it for several hours. Still have not found one as speedy as your 4.4.2 OCed version. I might try reflashing clean, as this was a dirty one, when I get time.
11th June 2014, 04:19 PM |#2275  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking taktik rom
the taktik rom is nice and installed without any errors keyboard wouldnt work at first but after running Gapps minimal file in recovery works just fine not to bad for a high school dropout huh lol but the thing i would like to know is how to install ubuntu touch on this i tried using multirom manager but it says unspported (device unknown) is there some kind of fix or alternative app that would work my name says it all i would really like to install ubuntu touch 14.10 on it so if someone could please provide some easy instructions and some download links
11th June 2014, 04:25 PM |#2276  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 953

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylikesubuntu

the taktik rom is nice and installed without any errors keyboard wouldnt work at first but after running Gapps minimal file in recovery works just fine not to bad for a high school dropout huh lol but the thing i would like to know is how to install ubuntu touch on this i tried using multirom manager but it says unspported (device unknown) is there some kind of fix or alternative app that would work my name says it all i would really like to install ubuntu touch 14.10 on it so if someone could please provide some easy instructions and some download links

Ubuntu Touch has not yet been ported to the Sero 7 Pro. I imagine it doesn't use the same trees as AOSP or CyanogenMod so it might be difficult.

EDIT: I'm downloading the Ubuntu Touch source code now. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT 2: So, it looks as if Ubuntu Touch might use CyanogenMod trees. If it truly does that makes life easier, much much easier.
EDIT 3: Looks like the Sero meets the minimum requirements for the high end Ubuntu Touch that can dock with a keyboard and mouse.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerbear294 Ad-Free
11th June 2014, 04:59 PM |#2277  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

Ubuntu Touch has not yet been ported to the Sero 7 Pro. I imagine it doesn't use the same trees as AOSP or CyanogenMod so it might be difficult.

EDIT: I'm downloading the Ubuntu Touch source code now. I'll see what I can do.
EDIT 2: So, it looks as if Ubuntu Touch might use CyanogenMod trees. If it truly does that makes life easier, much much easier.

thanks man ive been waiting over 6 months to get that keep us posted
11th June 2014, 07:39 PM |#2278  

More
Prompt
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442303 merge these threads
12th June 2014, 04:02 AM |#2279  
Thanks Meter: 704

More
FYI updated sero 7 pro recoveries posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post51450438

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote:

thanks man ive been waiting over 6 months to get that keep us posted

Ubuntu does use Cyanogenmod source code, but cm-10.1 or cm-10.2 with dalvik removed. FYI the sero 7 pro oem was the same android build as cm-10.1

also ubuntu has a image that just flashes on top of android 4.2.1 but from bootloader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davepmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davepmer Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 09:56 AM |#2280  

More
[QUOTE=davepmer;53338228]FYI updated sero 7 pro recoveries posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post51450438

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Ubuntu does use Cyanogenmod source code, but cm-10.1 or cm-10.2 with dalvik removed. FYI the sero 7 pro oem was the same android build as cm-10.1

also ubuntu has a image that just flashes on top of android 4.2.1 but from bootloader

i went to ubuntu download page but no zip file there just img i know that clockwork mod recovery only opens zip to my understanding
12th June 2014, 01:27 PM |#2281  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 953

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i went to ubuntu download page but no zip file there just img i know that clockwork mod recovery only opens zip to my understanding

You are correct about that. @davepmer how would one install those?
EDIT: Looks like you need a Ubuntu desktop to flash Ubuntu Touch via a program called ubuntu-device-flash

I just got a crazy idea: Ubuntu Touch + bluetooth keyboard/mouse + Micro USB external HDD = portable Android building workstation?
Somehow we'd just have to find out how to build Android on ARM architecture. I know that there's OpenJDK 1.7 for ARM but I don't know how well that would work for portable development, nor do I know if OpenJDK 1.6 is for ARM. I don't know if the other dependencies are universal or for ARM either.

(offtopic) Am I the only one who can't wait for the Sero 8 to hit the US market? The screen ain't the best but the performance is better.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sero-7-pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)