Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2016, 11:15 PM |#631  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvree

so my Chromecast is the second gen firmware version 1.17.48342. Am I rootable?

No, I don't think so. 48342 >= 19084, and I'm not aware of any Chromecast 2015 root but there's a separate forum for that.

26th November 2016, 03:29 PM |#632  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
My Chromecast serial number starts with 4126. The firmware build is 15098. The country code is "GB".
I'm going to purchase a teensy and will report back how it goes.
2nd February 2017, 09:39 PM |#633  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
If anyone knows where I could get my hands on a rootable or rooted chromecast please let me know...
2nd February 2017, 11:02 PM |#634  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphy99

If anyone knows where I could get my hands on a rootable or rooted chromecast please let me know...

I think at this late date and time, the only place you might find a rooted or rootable CCast is on Ebay.

I know I will never give up my Rooted CCast no matter how antiquated it might seem compared to the later models.
10th February 2017, 09:35 PM |#635  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

I think at this late date and time, the only place you might find a rooted or rootable CCast is on Ebay.

I know I will never give up my Rooted CCast no matter how antiquated it might seem compared to the later models.

May I know what's the reason you still keep your chromecast rooted? I will still keep mine rooted too, but I don't know what we can do with it being rooted.
10th February 2017, 09:50 PM |#636  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0

May I know what's the reason you still keep your chromecast rooted? I will still keep mine rooted too, but I don't know what we can do with it being rooted.

Well there isn't much to do with a rooted CCast....Beyond what it already does...
But if ever something does come up it's nice to know I have a good chance of doing it.

Truth is there really isn't much reason to root any android device anymore...
I used to race to flash my phones and tablets but since I have purchased Nexus and GE devices I have not really needed to root anything anymore and I haven't missed a thing.
Especially not all the wonkiness that flashed devices and ROMs usually experience.

The CCast root and autoroot I'm running is the first time in my rooting history that has never caused an instability or issue with functioning....
testament to the coders who worked on the device.

I sure don't have a need for any of the newer devices that Google has released...I don't bother with 4K and when I want to see 4K I just use my Kodi Box instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asphyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asphyx Ad-Free
7th August 2017, 06:18 PM |#637  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My firmware version is 1.26.92486
My SN is 7114103OE0OM
It is rootable? How can I know Is It rootable?
7th August 2017, 06:56 PM |#638  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire1122

My firmware version is 1.26.92486
My SN is 7114103OE0OM
It is rootable? How can I know Is It rootable?

Is it the original Chromecast or the newer model?

If it's the original (a stick that plugs directly into HDMI), read the OP. If you've connected it to the internet and it has been updated, you're probably out of luck.

If it's the newer model (a round disc with a flat male HDMI output cable), then there was never root access to begin with.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to borxnx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift borxnx Ad-Free
7th August 2017, 07:04 PM |#639  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Second option sigh

Sent from my G5 SE using XDA Labs
7th August 2017, 09:44 PM |#640  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Last number is the build number.
You can only root if all of the following are true:
1. It is an original Chromecast 2012 model, not the newer Chromecast 2015 (round "puck" shape) model.
2. It has firmware build 19084 or older (smaller number).
3. It has not been connected to the Internet, otherwise it would have automatically updated and #2 would be false.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)