FORUMS

[Tutorial] Backup and Restore your "IMEI/NVRAM" by using MTKdroidTools

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 474

By keanu_ritz, Senior Member on 22nd November 2013, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i searched for this but don't think that anyone has posted this method here before (if anyone has posted this method here before then i am really sorry for the Repost)

by using this method you can backup your IMEI/NVRAM and Restore it!!!!!!

if you are facing the "invalid/no IMEI" issue or the "NVRAM error" then you can solve it by using this method!

Do you guy's have a cwm/twrp backup of your original ROM? (the one where everything was fine!!)

if yes , then you can resolve this imei/nvram/wifi_mac issue!!!

you'll need to download MTKDroidTools_v2.4.8 then extract it!!

for taking Backup of your original "IMEI/NVRAM" , just follow these steps:-
1. restore your original ROM's CWM/TWRP backup. (If your ROM is not Rooted, then Root it)
2. Run "MTKdroidTools.exe" from the extracted folder.
3. connect your phone to PC/Laptop through usb cable (no need to switch off your phone, just make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled)
note:- After connecting your phone the program will display Info of your phone.
4. Click on "root" button at the bottom of that program window. (this gives adb shell access for the program to your phone)
5. Click on the "IMEI/NVRAM" button.
note:- It will open a pop-up window
6. Then click on "Backup" button in that pop-up window. (This will backup your original IMEI and NVRAM )
note:- the backup will be stored in the "BackupNVRAM" folder in the "MTKdroidTools" folder.

now you have the backup of your original IMEI/NVRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

now flash any ROM that you want to, and after flashing it, if it still gives you the IMEI/NVRAM error just restore the backup that you've just taken

steps to restore the IMEI/NVRAM :-
1. Run MTKdroidTools.exe
2. connect your phone to PC/Laptop through usb cable (no need to switch off your phone, just make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled)
3. Click on "root" button at the bottom of that program window. (this gives adb shell access for the program to your phone)
4. Click on the "IMEI/NVRAM" button.
5. Then click on "Restore" button in that pop-up window.
note:- it will ask for two files (a ".bin" and ".tar" file) ,select the correct files from the "BackupNVRAM" folder.
6. There you go, now your original IMEI/NVRAM has been restored!!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure if you need to restart your phone or not , but i recommend that you restart your phone!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to keanu_ritz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keanu_ritz Ad-Free
26th December 2013, 10:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
I followed the guide to restore the original NVRAM/Bin but it still shows no baseband or IMEI upon restoring. What did I do wrong?
16th October 2014, 06:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
how to restore the nvram folder
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu_ritz

i searched for this but don't think that anyone has posted this method here before (if anyone has posted this method here before then i am really sorry for the Repost)

if you are facing the "invalid/no IMEI" issue or the "NVRAM error" then you can solve it by using this method!

Do you guy's have a cwm/twrp backup of your original ROM? (the one where everything was fine!!)

1. restore your original ROM's CWM/TWRP backup. (If your ROM is not Rooted, then Root it)
3. connect your phone to PC/Laptop through usb cable (no need to switch off your phone, just make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled)
4. Click on "root" button at the bottom of that program window. (this gives adb shell access for the program to your phone)
6. Then click on "Backup" button in that pop-up window. (This will backup your original IMEI and NVRAM )
note:- the backup will be stored in the "BackupNVRAM" folder in the "MTKdroidTools" folder.

now flash any ROM that you want to, and after flashing it, if it still gives you the IMEI/NVRAM error just restore the backup that you've just taken

1. Run MTKdroidTools.exe
2. connect your phone to PC/Laptop through usb cable (no need to switch off your phone, just make sure that "USB Debugging" is enabled)
3. Click on "root" button at the bottom of that program window. (this gives adb shell access for the program to your phone)
note:- it will ask for two files (a ".bin" and ".tar" file) ,select the correct files from the "BackupNVRAM" folder.
not sure if you need to restart your phone or not , but i recommend that you restart your phone!!!

i have a copied my original lenovo a3000h nvram complete folder..then i paste n overwrite into root/data/ folder but after that i reboot the device n my simcard undetected.. please help n what should i do?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sudin_Mamat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sudin_Mamat Ad-Free
4th February 2015, 10:09 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cant I use the Mtk Droid Tools without rooting my device?
9th February 2015, 06:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Info Nvram request...
any1 help me here...i need nvram backup of micromax canvas 4 A210... In which 3g is working without any problem...
9th April 2015, 02:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi09

any1 help me here...i need nvram backup of micromax canvas 4 A210... In which 3g is working without any problem...

Hi Ravi,

I have 2 canvas 4 A210 phones,
one is not turning ON and also not detected by computer which is on pure stock not even rooted.
second one is CM11 v0.19 but no GSM signal struggling from last one and half month to restore nothing worked. even after setting the GSM parameter.

If you have found the solution please let me know.

Thanks,
Shiv
12th April 2015, 08:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
First format ur mobile with sp tool than flash latest stock a210 rom .. But first take backup of imei n nvram with mtktool ...if everythings goes right than flash ur cm11 0.19 rom..
22nd July 2015, 12:15 PM |#8  

More
i lost my nvram and original rom
dear all
can you help me
my phone is ( Huawei Honor 3C -- model : H30-U10 )
i upgrade to kitkat without backup and then the imei is invalid.
what can i do ?
10th January 2016, 11:11 AM |#9  

More
Captain, can you please help me upload a NVRAM backup for Acer Z205P please.
8th May 2016, 10:13 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu_ritz

1. Run MTKdroidTools.exe

first of all i wanna say thanks for this useful tutorial.
but i found some confusing step in this because of i'm noob.

1. i would like to ask you about how to activated usb debugging in case of my phone couldn't reach setting? it happen because in my phone, after i flashing new rom, there is some activity to login to "mi.account". i cpuldn't login because i " dont havesim card recognised" in other word, invalid imei.
so, i want restore backup IMEI in position custom recovery.
now.. give me tutorial how to activate usb debugging in twrp.

p.s. my phone : xiaomi redmi note 2
7th September 2017, 06:12 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGreen

first of all i wanna say thanks for this useful tutorial.
but i found some confusing step in this because of i'm noob.

1. i would like to ask you about how to activated usb debugging in case of my phone couldn't reach setting? it happen because in my phone, after i flashing new rom, there is some activity to login to "mi.account". i cpuldn't login because i " dont havesim card recognised" in other word, invalid imei.
so, i want restore backup IMEI in position custom recovery.
now.. give me tutorial how to activate usb debugging in twrp.

p.s. my phone : xiaomi redmi note 2

Good afternoom, if my tablet doesn't pass the logo but I can reach fastboot mode, how can I backup de IMEI and nvram?, it remains that way after it got freezed and I restarted it with the power button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)