What is Evervolv?
We are an AOSP port aimed at Snapdragon powered devices.
Our rom includes all the basics:
- Extended PowerMenu
- Battery %,
- Volume button music control.
- Trackball Wake
- Theme manager
Unique additions include:
- sixbar signal strength
- lockscreen dialpad, and a few lockscreen mods
- However our biggest feature is the ability to turn all that off with one switch in the toolbox, giving you 100% aosp look and feel.
- We also do eng builds (instead of userdebug like everyone else) providing more open experience (ie adb root by default) and full complement of commandline tools (busybox, vim, ssh, curl/wet with ssl support!)
- Our newest addition is a custom updater written from scratch by Preludedrew and myself, featuring automatic update checks, support for downloading gapps, and advanced automatic install (TWRP and CWM supported but TWRP prefered)
- Superuser is in the toolbox.
- Some display issues.
- wifi hotspot (tether) is broke
- 4.2/3 issues carry over:
- data (3g) might be unstable
- no camcorder
- no usb tether
- Everything else should be fine.
- available in updater ( source http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857 )
STOP!! NOT FOR STOCK HBOOT
Q: What is blackrose? A: DON'T download if you don't know http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589
About space constraints. Kitkat is the biggest android to date. To save space the following apps have been removed from the system img.
- Calendar (can download GoogleCalendar from Market)
- Email/Exchange (use gmail or flash attached zip to add them back.)
- QuickSearch (replaced by GoogleSearch in gapps anyway)
- Only including newest sounds package (Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms)
- No bootanimation
If demand is high enough i am open to adding Calendar back in. VideoEditor is out for good its just way too big. I have attached a flashable zip containing Email/Exchange if you need it, at 6mb they are also too big to put back in by default.
If you have other ideas of things to remove, feel free to comment. Obviously any evervolv apps are not going to be removed so don't even ask.
- Evervolv version 4.0.0
- Squished package should fit (with gapps) on 250MB /system
- Nightlies will return soon.
- Visit our website. http://evervolv.com/features/
- Save space on /system with External Gapps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...07&postcount=3
- Info on builtin Apps2sd: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1374
- Desk/Car dock BT pairing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=181