FORUMS

Auto Bluetooth Connection

2,710 posts
Thanks Meter: 671

By Brendo, Senior Member on 25th November 2013, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ADVIANCED USERS ONLY (until I include tutorial)

IMPORTANT: Check the readme file in each folder

Ok, here is some quick Tasker recipes for auto connecting Bluetooth internet. I have not included many instructions, so currently only useful for those familiar with Tasker

I will include a tutorial in the near future

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ca10g7xz0wd50/Gear

-------------
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tutorial in progress
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Aim:
To setup autoconnection of bluetooth internet connection between Samsung Galaxy Gear and Samsung phone when certain apps are opened

Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 (running stock Android 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (running null v10+)

Apps:
Tasker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm (Phone and Gear)
Bluetooth Auto Connect: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....btautoconnect (Gear)
Bluetooth Auto Tethering: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xa.android.bat (Phone)
AutoRemote: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gcd.autoremote (Phone and Gear)

Setup AutoRemote:
It is assumed you know how to add devices to your list (http://joaoapps.com/autoremote/)
First you'll need to set it as a bluetooth device by going into Devices in AutoRemote and long preesing, then selecting 'Set Bluetooth Device'

Setup Tasker:
Phone:
You'll need a profile that will turn on the AutoRemote Bluetooth listener when Gear is connected and turn it off when Gear is disconnected
Now we need two more proifles - one to turn off internet and one to turn it back on
Internet on
Internet off

Gear:
You'll need a profile that will turn on the AutoRemote Bluetooth listener when Gear is connected and turn it off when Gear is disconnected
Bluetooth Connected
Code:
Enter Task - AR BT Service ON
Plugin -> AutoRemote Bluetooth
Tick 'Bluetooth Service'
Code:
Exit Task - AR BT Service OFF
Plugin -> AutoRemote Bluetooth
Untick 'Bluetooth Service'
Now we need two more profiles - one to turn off internet and one to turn it back on
On app opening
Code:
Enter Task - Internet On
AutoRemote Message - Add target device name (phone) and message to trigger bluetooth tethering startup on phone
Wait 15 secs - to cover delay
Bluetooth Auto Connect - Profile Networking (PAN) profile, profile action 'Connect'
Flash - Show message on screen that internet is connected
Code:
Exit Task - Internet Off
AutoRemote Message - Add target device name (phone) and message to trigger bluetooth tethering off on phone
Bluetooth Auto Connect - Profile Networking (PAN) profile, profile action 'Disconnect'
Flash - Show message on screen that internet is disconnected
Some suggestions:
- Changing the app exit senario to a time based on so that if you change between various internet capable apps it doesnt turn everything off and then back on again
- Trigger internet off if screen off, then turn back on when screen on
- Tethering always on if power connected
- Use Tasker app factory and create shortcut on homescreen
- Increase screen timeout when connected to internet

Other notes:
- I've turned toasts off on my Gear in AutoRemote settings
- Currently unable to export profiles from Gear, so have included a backup. if restored, it'll clear all settings/profiles/tasks already setup in Tasker on Gear

Recipes:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brendo Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 07:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo

ADVIANCED USERS ONLY (until I include tutorial)

IMPORTANT: Check the readme file in each folder

Ok, here is some quick Tasker recipes for auto connecting Bluetooth internet. I have not included many instructions, so currently only useful for those familiar with Tasker

I will include a tutorial in the near future

thanks mate will try it out
28th November 2013, 12:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
please can you explain how i can use this i have a the files downloaded i would appreciate it extremely.
28th November 2013, 01:19 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 5,393

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanaman

please can you explain how i can use this i have a the files downloaded i would appreciate it extremely.

Perhaps reading the included "README.txt" with the files ?
28th November 2013, 06:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
it doent say how to load these settings on tasker in the readme just says what apps you will need and some code
28th November 2013, 06:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 116

Donate to Me
More
Use the import? Haven't tried it yet but would assume so

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
1st December 2013, 11:09 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Struggling a bit with these myself.. Everything is imported, and Autoremote setup properly... I guess I just don't really understand tasker :P Any help would be appreciated!
1st December 2013, 11:35 PM |#8  
For starters, you need to make sure that you can manually setup Bluetooth tethering
Install required apps
Setup AutoRemote and test that it can communicate both ways with your phone
Import Tasker profiles
Check the profiles to see if they need editing - eg. device names, Bluetooth addresses, apps
2nd December 2013, 01:20 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For starters, you need to make sure that you can manually setup Bluetooth tethering
Install required apps
Import Tasker profiles
Check the profiles to see if they need editing - eg. device names, Bluetooth addresses, apps

Yeah I'm in the UK, bluetooth tethering is all good.

So so far I have done:

- set up autoremote on Gear and Phone
- Imported tasker profiles to the phone
- changed the name of the Gear in the Gear connected profile
- Gear internet on/off seem to be setup ok

The Gear connected/disconnected tasks have an exclamation next to them though. Specifically the "Autoremote bluetooth on/off" tasks which don't seem to exist. (are these supposed to be on the Gear?)

The other issue is I can't find a way to restore the userbackup.xml on the Gear :/

I'm guessing my issues are mainly down to not figuring out how to restore the Gear backup #ashamed

Cheers Brendo :P

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Scratch that, I'm an idiot. I've restored the tasker backup on the phone, gimme a while to figure it out and I'll update it if I get stuck again [COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Added the two missing tasks \o/ Everything seems setup...

Lets see if this runs...
2nd December 2013, 02:40 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Install required apps
Import Tasker profiles

So I have everything set up now I guess. The only issue is the message sent from the Gear to the Note 2 to enable bluetooth tethering.

The gear recognises the phone (and vice versa, they show the ip addressed next to device name), the message just doesn't seem to work :/

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
2nd December 2013, 04:00 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Finally... Done lol. I didn't start the autoremote listener manually. Doh!

Apologies to all for taking over thisd thread. And apologies to Brendo for being a bit of a noob.

Thanks for adding the profiles
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)