FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kindle fire hdx rooted!!!

2,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,400

By GSLEON3, Retired Senior Moderator on 25th November 2013, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys, I contacted jcase to make our plea & after initial digging, he kindly got with xda member fi01 & we now have root, once it was compiled by Besups! It only took them 2 days, probably less, but I contacted him this weekend & boy have they come through!

Read the thread, hit thanks & make sure these greats know how much they are truly appreciated!

Three cheers for fi01, jcase & Beaups!

Find out more here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post47826613
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GSLEON3 Ad-Free

25th November 2013, 03:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Guys, I contacted jcase to make our plea & after initial digging, he kindly got with xda member fi01 & we now have root! It only took them 2 days, probably less, but I contacted him this weekend & boy have they come through!

Read the thread, hit thanks & make sure these two greats know how much they are truly appreciated!

Find out more here:

Amazing! jcase and fi01 thank you very much for your hard work and efforts
The Following User Says Thank You to jzen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jzen Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

Guys, I contacted jcase to make our plea & after initial digging, he kindly got with xda member fi01 & we now have root, once it was compiled by Besups! It only took them 2 days, probably less, but I contacted him this weekend & boy have they come through!

Read the thread, hit thanks & make sure these greats know how much they are truly appreciated!

Three cheers for fi01, jcase & Beaups!

Find out more here:

This is great news! Just in time for the long holiday. Is this flashed through stock recovery? If so, how do we get to it on the HDX?
25th November 2013, 04:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Sorry if this is a stupid question
I'm new to the Kindle scene (but am loving my HDX 8.9). Does having root mean that I will be able to install the Google Play Store?
25th November 2013, 04:11 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom82

I'm new to the Kindle scene (but am loving my HDX 8.9). Does having root mean that I will be able to install the Google Play Store?

Yes.
25th November 2013, 04:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick777

Yes.

YAY! I guess I know how I'll be spending this evening when I get off of work! Thanks to the developer for the getting us root! I've been a creeper around the XDA community for quite some time (since the Droid X) and have really appreciated all of the support.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDom82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDom82 Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 04:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great job,thanks to them.hope custom firmware will be available soon

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wz7820431lb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wz7820431lb Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 04:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Cool! Looks like a little more help might be needed for the HD7 (2nd Gen), but it's a start.
The Following User Says Thank You to L337gorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift L337gorth Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 06:54 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom82

guess i can go ahead and buy the kfhdx 8.9 4G on either black friday/cyber monday and have fun for the holidays!!
root now followed by a custom rom or two later, merry xmas to all..
yipeee!!! hurrayyyy!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to vakkah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vakkah Ad-Free
25th November 2013, 06:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Versions
Just to clarify the version situation, the Kindle Fire HDX 8" is 14.3.1.0, and the HDX 7" is 13.3.1.0
25th November 2013, 08:39 PM |#11  

More
Did root access fix the issues with wallpapers and widgets not working or is it more complicated than that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)