FORUMS

[MOVED] Much Simpler rooting tool - Thor 13.3.1.0

319 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By Faznx92, Senior Member on 27th November 2013, 04:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
THIS POST IS CLOSED, IT MOVED!

Thanks goes to: fi01 for finding the bug, Jcase for making the exploit, Moronig for modifying the exploit, slayer615 for making the original batch bundle.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faznx92 Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 04:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGmA1987

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=41

I have root. I'm on version 13.3.1.0 on my 7" HDX. If you follow the tutorial it should work. (It did for me) What version are you running?
The Following User Says Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faznx92 Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 04:43 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 803

More
Says 13.3.0.2_user_302075320. Installed on Monday Jul, 29th, 2013 5:01 PM

Just got the tablet today and have not updated anything at all. My tablet cant check for updates since before I turned it on I blacklisted the IP addresses from my router that Amazon uses to push updates to Kindles
27th November 2013, 04:49 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Hurry, update to 13.3.1.0 before a newer update comes (or download the update here and for directions to manually install the update). Don't blacklist those IP's until you root it. Update first.
Once you get root you can configure iptables on the tablet to blacklist it but im testing this. I got root 2 hours ago. Once I get it working I'll post a tut.
But you need to be on version 13.3.1.0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faznx92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Faznx92 Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 05:06 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 803

More
Alright I am downloading it now on the tablet, but it seems to be taking a while so I doubt I will get a chance to try for root again tonight.
27th November 2013, 05:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGmA1987

Alright I am downloading it now on the tablet, but it seems to be taking a while so I doubt I will get a chance to try for root again tonight.

That's fine. It's a over 700mb. I will be downloading it too, for a backup if Amazon decides to take it down. Good luck!
27th November 2013, 06:03 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92

1: Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it. here
2: Get the adb drivers and install. here
3: Download latest Busybox to your HDX and install it. (It will not run untill you have root, this is for later.)(I got it from 1mobile market here)
4: Download jcase/fi01 code here
5: Download Moronig redone code http://goo.gl/4gBmq5
6: Enable adb on the Kindle
7: Connect Kindle to computer
8: Goto Device Manager in Control Panel
9: Look for the unsupported adb device (if not found safely remove hardware the kindle on the taskbar)
10: Click the unsupported device and click update driver then point it to the android_winusb file in the driver install directory
11: Unpack the files, rename Moroning's file to exploit and copy to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot install base directory, copy jcase's code EXCEPT the exploit file there as well.
12: Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot, make sure your device is connect first

Code:
adb devices
If not listed go back to step 6
13: Copy and paste this into the cmd prompt. Ignore if it says it fails
Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp/
adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"
At this point you should be rooted. You can now finish installing Busybox on your HDX. To check if you have root if your unsure type
Code:
adb shell
then type
Code:
su
If not, reply. Remember this is tested to work on my Kindle Fire HDX 7" 13.3.1.0

Notes:
If the Hdx is updated past this point Amazon may patch the exploit and so you loose root.
We need to start a thread on how to stop/block Amazon from pushing updates to the HDX.

Do we need a Superuser app installed after root is gained like SuperSu. Also is it possible to unroot using SuperSu script in the settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Cowboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android Cowboy Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 06:16 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy

Do we need a Superuser app installed after root is gained like SuperSu. Also is it possible to unroot using SuperSu script in the settings.

Never tried it yet, but you should. You have full root access.
27th November 2013, 06:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92

Never tried it yet, but you should. You have full root access.

Have confirmed that SuperSu does work and it will also unroot using the option in the settings.
27th November 2013, 06:37 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Cowboy

Have confirmed that SuperSu does work and it will also unroot using the option in the settings.

Yes sir. SuperSU is working. Spread the word lol. I got to get some shut eye. I downloaded supersu from 1mobile market.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kindle fire hdx 7" 13.3.1.0 rooting tut!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)