Current Version: CM11.0-(2-1-2014)-BobZhome-P769
Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4.4.2(KitKat) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: http://www.cyanogenmod.com
==== '''People worked with/owe thanks to:''' ====
CyanogenMOD - Do I need to state why we owe thanks to this guys?
==== '''What is not working?''' ====
- Call forwarding - Get a "Call settings error - Network or SIM card error"
==== '''What is partly working?''' ====
- 1080p Video Recording - Preview not working
- Picture taking while video recording - Results in gray pictures
==== '''Changelog''' ====
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Still at Android 4.4.2_r1): CM's Trebuchet Launcher is back
- Kernel: upgraded 3.0.101+ with an addition 70 commits
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Still at Android 4.4.2_r1): a bunch of status bar updates...like double tap to sleep(turn screen off)
- Fixed: 1080p Video Recording, but the preview screen isn't working
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.101 to 3.0.101+ with 63 commits(See Q&A below for more details)
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Still at Android 4.4.2_r1)
- Fixed: Camera(broken in last release)
- Fixed: Front Facing Video Recording
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.98 to 3.0.101
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Still at Android 4.4.2_r1)
- Fixed: Headphone button - thanks to @jes0411 for pointing out the problem and fix
- Removed: Emulated Internal SD card(See Q&A below for more details) - thanks to @twinnfamous for the fix
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.93 to 3.0.98
- Updated CWM recovery: Everything should be working(sideload & USB), removed internal sdcard partition, and partitions that should not be played with(dvp, mpt, and persist)
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Upgraded to Android 4.4.2_r1)
- Added: CM's WhisperPush - more info here
- Adjusted: Call volume - increased call volume a little
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.89 to 3.0.93
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Upgraded to Android 4.4.1_r1)
- Fixed: External SD-card, which broke in last release
- Fixed: Front facing camera, but front facing video recording is still broken
- Adjusted: 1080p(1920x1080) recording down to 1280x1024 which works and is better than 720
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.87 to 3.0.89
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Still at Android 4.4_r1.2)
- Adjusted: Headset/headphone volume down
- Adjusted: WiFi configuration
- Changed: Selinux status from permissive to enforcing
- Kernel: upgraded from 3.0.81 to 3.0.87
- Sync'd with CM11.0(Android 4.4_r1.2)
- Added: Ringtone - "Somebody's Out There" by one of my favorite bands: "Triumph"
- Added: Notification - "Heaven"
- Removed: Bootlooder option from Reboot/Recovery Menu
- Kernel: My CM10.2 kernel upgraded to 3.0.81
==== '''Prerequisites''' ====
- Unlocked Bootloader
- CWM recovery (22.214.171.124 +) - See "Custom Recovery" below
==== '''Flashing ROM''' ====
- Boot into CWM Recovery
- IMPORTANT: Make a backup on sdcard : EXTERNAL SDcard
- Wipe Dalvik Cache: advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Hit back button(bottom left) to get back to main menu
- Hit wipe data/factory reset > Yes - Wipe all user data
- Flash ROM: install zip from sdcard > choose zip from external sdcard > cm-11.date.BobZhome.p769.zip > Yes - Install cm-11
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot system now!
==== '''Download Links''' ====
Build 2/1: cm-11-02012014-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = 59a9e0bf2c229bba0e1d437abcb026c9
Build 1/18: cm-11-01182014-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = cb4fa268d83e47d84fa5f743e8bd0c19
Build 12/30: cm-11-12302013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = e6509ac2b3f30f6c20afb65f4571ca88
Build 12/21: cm-11-12212013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = b9552b6c3e528d4b86ad4d7db6119dd7
Build 12/13: cm-11-12132013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = 10adb1d47af44695f2bebbccc068f52e
Build 12/8: cm-11-12082013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = 29abc1ebc993b65d02fc4419f401edee
Build 12/6: cm-11-12062013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = e2ccb4cc3aee0f1fd3be04512b6bb016
Build 11/27: cm-11-11272013-BobZhome-p769.zip MD5checksum = b46ce7e290247741f076206662d57953
Gapps: 0-day PA-gapps More info about them here
==== '''Q & A''' ====
Q: When will the next build come?
A: When time permits...I have a wife, five kids, full time job, and an old house that I'm remodeling...hobbies come last.
Q: Can I port your ROM?
A: No, please learn to build from source...my github link is in "Resources".
Q: Why did you remove the Emulated Internal SD card?
A: There is no dedicated internal SD card, no separate partition, and the internal sdcard does not exist on our phone...It is emulated inside the data partition. Which means that every time you save anything to the internal sdcard, the space is being taken away from data.
Now, Android and all apps see the external SD card properly. There are no problems with big apps or games. All downloads will go to the external SD card as expected. Moving apps to SD card works correctly now, because storage is not emulated.
Q: What's up with the 3.0.101+ kernel?
A: The 3.0 kernel has reached it's EOL(End Of Life) at 3.0.101, kernel.org has stopped upgrading it. So now, I have to cherry-pick commits from new branches(kernels) that apply to our kernel. Hens, the 3.0.101+...the added commits can be seen in the cm-11.0+ branch of my kernel.
==== '''Custom Recovery''' ====
Make sure that you are using the latest CWM recovery (126.96.36.199 +), if not you will get an error message stating: “set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed (Status 7)".
You can grab my CWM recovery (188.8.131.52) here: BobZ_p769_4.4.2_recovery.img MD5checksum = 880a09b28e4e40742d1fbd1cc5ff5387
Easy way to flash it is with [ROOT]Recovery Tools - Flasher
==== '''Resources''' ====
==== '''How Can You Help?''' ====
Donations to me are also welcomed.