Android Jellybean 4.3.1
So once again it’s time to upgrade our project to Android 4.3.1
Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.
CM sources of 21.10.2013
Updated to linux kernel version 3.0.101
270 MB RAM
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn't work):
- Network registration don't work with some SIM cards
- GPS - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1371
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- Impossible to shut down phone in android, only restart
- Don't leave phone charging without supervising - if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it - this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% - it'll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what's very unhealthy for battery.
Maybe something else, what i forgot
You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it, use Bada or other releases.
We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.
Please join us on IRC: some people are on #badadroid (freenode).
This is the format for a bug report: “XXXXX isn’t working. Here is how to fix it: [INCLUDE SOLUTION]” Don’t have source? Too bad. You’ll have to wait then.
If you report bugs, please don’t be disappointed if we can’t fix them immediately (or even never). It’s not because we don’t care, but because we don’t have time or don’t know how to fix it.
Please attach logcat and dmesg dump in your bug report. Dmesg should contain messages from both - bootup and issue occuring (you can't dump it 1 hour after bootup, rather 2 minutes after)
How to dump logs - Google for "android logcat dmesg" Or... whatever, here's one of 3204109 methods available.
In the Terminal Emulator enter:
Accept request for SuperUser access.
"dmesg > /storage/sdcard1/dmesg.txt"
"logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main -d -f /storage/sdcard1/logcat.txt *:V"
"logcat -b radio -d -f /storage/sdcard1/radiolog.txt *:V"
Download them from phone, archive and upload them.
Privacy warning: Your logcat might contain sensitive information like your IMEI, IMSI, cell stations you were nearby, numbers you called and got calls from and SMS sent and received. If you don't want to publish this info - send them privately to one of developers.
Try to start kernel normally, when you see Badadroid logo start holding the middle key pressed. Keep the middle key pressed until phone restarts and shows the text: FOTA DOWNLOAD MODE & bTerm
Connect phone to PC.
Type 4 commands:
open dumpram 0x4FF00000 0x100000 close exit
NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.
I do heavily encourage to work together on the better, common project instead of making kang releases and demanding money for somebody else's work.
Read as: If you think you can make something better than this by doing less and muchazo Ctrl+C Ctrl+V - you suck, go figure the rest.
HOW TO BUILD
I do recommend perfect tutorial by fattire: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Of course you have to init with -b cm-10.2 and modify some steps.
local manifest to use: https://raw.github.com/Badadroid/and...al_manifest.xm
I do it like this:
cd ~ mkdir wave cd wave repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.2 cd .repo wget https://raw.github.com/Badadroid/and...l_manifest.xml cd .. repo sync -j8 cd vendor/cm/ ./get-prebuilts cd ../../ . build/envsetup.sh brunch wave
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free "System" memory
160MB of free "User" memory
400MB of free "Applications" memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device:
(please pay attention if it's S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you're choosing!):
- Download ROM from CHANGELOG section
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada's User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada's User partition or SD Card.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- "install zip"
- "choose zip from from storage/sdcard1"(Bada's User partition) or "choose zip from storage/sdcard0"(SD Card)
- cm-10.2-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes - install
- Reboot holding the Power key
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
After first installation i recommend to disable Screen-off Animation by Settings->Display-> uncheck Scren-off animation
And also for better performance activate zRAM. Settings->Performance->Memory Management->zRam-> and choice Value. I use 26%
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS http://d-h.st/mBO from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47934744
Minimized by -CALIBAN666- from PA GAPPS: [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
Inside: Play Store, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter, GoogleBackupTransport, GoogleLoginService, GoogleServicesFramework, OneTimeinitializer, SetupWizard, The needed xml`s,lib`s+jar`s
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=393
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
CyanogenMod team for base ROM
Paulk and Replicant project for good base for bada-modem RIL
and many other who help us.
kernel with removed +10 RAM patch for v3.1 with working camera and video playback
v3.1 - http://www.multiupload.nl/1E85FRD1ES
- +10mb RAM
- Updated audio codec settings for RCV and HP
- Added 15 volume levels for Calls
- Reworked SMS sending
- Fixed torch toggle in quick settings.
Kernel update for Wave2
for fixinginstallation problems
Replace zImage in Zip with this and re-copy it on Bada User Partition
and after flash step by step.
If you forgot or don't want to pack zImage in zip archive you need again replace zImage on Bada User's partition, because during flashing zImage will be replaced by one from zip archive.
Big Thanks to Rebellos for logs and RedDerRed from badapps.ru for testing all my test versions
v3 Initial CM10.2 release: http://www.multiupload.nl/8UUFOIQQE1
- Updated kernel 3.0.101
- CM Sources 30.11.2013
- CM team fixed power menu on lock key. Now we can show power menu by long press of lock key.
So i don't see any reason to use Navbar. We back to Galaxy S mapping:
Call key = MENU
Middle key = HOME
End Call key = BACK
Lock key = POWER
- Removed VideoEditer, LiveWallpapers, CMUpdater
- Fixed BT headset in calls
- Set of patches for GPRS RIL interface
- Fixed memory leaks in SIM_IO requests
Overall project thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459391