FORUMS

I9505G [GUIDE] Install & use adb, fastboot, unlock, Root & unroot Step by Step

892 posts
Thanks Meter: 435
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I9505G [GUIDE] INSTALL & USE ADB, FASTBOOT, UNLOCK, ROOT & UNROOT STEP BY STEP

This STEP BY STEP GUIDE is for anyone who would like to install the Android SDK or ADB to Unlock the Bootloader, Fastboot Flash Files, Root, and Unroot back to 100% out of the box Stock for your Google Edition Galaxy S4. If you would like to install and use ADB in the future for other devices this is a great place to start. Most if not all of the files that you need are in the I9505G[STICKY] GUIDE that is HERE but links are provided throughout the tutorial below.

Please Note [ By using this Guide you assume all the RISK associated with Customizing and Modifying your GOOGLE EDITION GALAXY S IV I9505G which Voids the Warranty. If you Brick your phone, lose your job or life as we know it ends I nor anyone on this thread or forum is responsible. If you are having trouble use the search button and review the thread, of you still cannot find the answer THEN ASK, We are here to help!

INSTALLING ADB

[ Windows 7 ] Windows 8 installation is the same however you need to install Fastboot Drivers and Disable Driver Verification so follow this YouTube Tutorial HERE after you install the Android SDK. NOW PROCEED TO STEP 1.

ADB or ( Android Debub Bridge ) allows you to send commands from your computer to your phone simply put. You will need ADB to Unlock the Bootloader, relock it, fastboot flash files to the phone like recovery. This Setup will allow you to communicate with ADB from anywhere on your PC.

STEP 1.

Download the Android SDK HERE [ all that you need is SDK Tools Only scroll to the bottom and select DOWNLOAD FOR OTHER PLATFORMS you will see Windows 32 & 64 bit then select android-sdk_r22.3-windows.zip ( r22 is the latest SDK as of the date of this guide )

STEP 2.

Download 7 ZIP file HERE if you do not have 7ZIP, WINZIP OR WINRAR on your PC if you already do then proceed to STEP 4.

STEP 3.

Now that you have both files downloaded. RUN AND INSTALL 7 ZIP.

STEP 4.

Now that 7 ZIP is installed you need to unzip android-sdk_r22.3-windows.zip to your C: Drive

STEP 5

Once this File is unzipped to your C: Drive you will see android-sdk-windows in your C: Drive go ahead and rename it to make it easier to android-sdk ( delete windows part )

STEP 6

Now Open android-sdk and look inside you will see SDK-MANAGER.exe with a little android guy next to it, CLICK ON IT, Once it opens let it load the packages, You will see a buch of check boxes. ONLY CHECK ( Tools and Android SDK Tools ) ONLY thats all you need to push and pull files or do logcats. After those are checked just CLICK INSTALL 2 PACKAGES AND SELECT ACCEPT ALL and it will take awhile to download and install the packages so be patient. Once it is done downloading OPEN UP your android-sdk folder again now you should see the Tools folder and Platform tools folder.

STEP 7

Now you need to set your path so select RIGHT CLICK COMPUTER on your computer and select PROPERTIES now select ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS now select ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, now under SYSTEM VARIABLES Scroll to PATH, now CLICK EDIT, you will see a long path scroll to the end with your arrow we are going to add your SDK path now. Copy and paste this to the end of your path ;C:/android-sdk/tools;C:/android-sdk/platform-tools Now select OK and OK again and your done now open up and command prompt and type adb and press enter, You should see a long list of adb commands scroll down the screen fast,

WINDOWS 8 USERS FOLLOW THIS YouTube Tutorial to disable Driver Signing HERE


CONGRATULATIONS you have installed ADB.


UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

Unlocking the Bootloader allows you to Root and install Custom Recoveries on your GE S4. When you Unlock the Bootloader it is going to factory reset your phone so make sure you backup any important data or contacts before you do.

STEP 1.

Make sure you have enough Battery ( at least 50% ) and Drivers are installed on your computer, if you had your phone plugged in before and your computer recognized it your drivers are installed, if not DOWNLOAD DRIVERS HERE AND INSTALL THEM. Now power off your GE S IV.

STEP 2.

Once the phone is off Hold VOLUME DOWN & VOLUME UP + THE POWER BUTTON all at the SAME TIME until it boots into a screen the has an ARROW that says POWER OFF with a ANDROID LAYING DOWN, this is FASTBOOT MODE.

STEP 3.

Open up a command prompt now that you have ADB installed and in the command prompt type fastboot oem unlock and press ENTER. You will now see a screen on your GE S IV that asks you to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader, USE VOLUME UP TO SELECT AND PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO CONFIRM IT. Your phone will now reset with an unlock symbol below the Google Start screen

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED.

ROOTING YOUR GOOGLE EDITION GALAXY S IV

STEP 1.

Now that your Bootloader is Unlocked you can root your phone.

STEP 2.

Download Chainfires CF Auto Root Package HERE

STEP 3.

Create a folder on your desktop Name it ROOT I9505G now unzip the CF AUTO ROOT FILE you just downloaded to that folder. Once you unzip it you will see a Odin3-v1.85.exe CLICK ON IT AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Now select PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-jgedlte-jgedlteue-gti9505g.tar.md5 FILE inside your ROOT I9505G folder. You do not need to check or uncheck any boxes they are already pre-checked for you in ODIN which should be Auto Reboot ONLY.

STEP 4.

Power off your phone and put it into download mode. Once off hold VOLUME DOWN, HOME BUTTON + POWER Button YOU WILL SEE A WARNING SELECT VOLUME UP to CONFIRM you want to GO to DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 5.

Plug in your phone and YOU SHOULD SEE A BOX LIGHT UP in the top left above ID:COM that says your connected. CLICK START.

STEP 6.

Now your phone will auto root you will see it reboot with a red android guy with an eye patch and files loading just wait your phone will reboot ROOTED.

THAT'S IT YOUR ROOTED.

( Don't forget to thank Chainfire who provided our root exploit for the I9505G )

RETURNING YOUR PHONE BACK TO STOCK 100% UNROOTED

STEP 1.

Download the Stock Firmware package of your choice HERE the latest is 4.4 I9505GUEUBMKG

STEP 2.

Download ODIN HERE

STEP 3.

Power off your phone and put it into download mode. Once off hold VOLUME DOWN, HOME BUTTON + POWER Button YOU WILL SEE A WARNING SELECT VOLUME UP to CONFIRM you want to GO to DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 4.

Open up ODIN and CLICK PDA now select the .TAR file from the Stock firmware package you downloaded. ( Please Note some .TAR Files are contained in a ZIP File which you will have to unzip to get your .TAR File ) Make Sure Auto Reboot and F Reset Time are checked. ( If you are on an older version of ODIN ( DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION ) Now Double Check everything and CONNECT YOUR PHONE THAT IS IN DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 5.

Wait for the .TAR File to Load it takes a few minutes to load because of the size of the File. Once the File is loaded you will see your phone connected in ID.COM Port Highlighted. CLICK START. This flash is going to take awhile so be patient. Once you see PASS you will see REMOVED in the dialogue box you can now disconnect your phone and wait for it to fully boot up.

ODIN DOES NOT OVERWRITE EVERYTHING SOMETIMES OR YOU CAN GET STUCK ON THE BOOT SCREEN. DO NOT PANIC. PULL THE BATTERY AND BOOT INTO STOCK RECOVERY WHICH IS VOLUME UP + POWER WHEN YOU SEE THE SAMSUNG LOGO KEEP HOLDING A FEW MORE SECONDS AND LET GO OF BOTH. You will now see the phone boot into stock recovery. At this point you need to use the volume button to go down and highlight WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET. Now select it by pressing POWER. After it reformats you phone Make sure Reboot is highlighted and press POWER Again. LET THE PHONE BOOT BACK UP.

STEP 6.

Unrooting and Relocking the Bootloader it critical if you want to take future OTA's or you need to return the phone to Google. Open up the SUPERSU application on the phone CLICK SETTINGS and Scroll to the bottom. NOW CLICK FULL UNROOT and Reboot the Phone. [ You may have to update the SUPERSU Application in Google Play first to FULLY UNROOT if the phone is asking you to update Root in Google Play. Once you click FULL UNROOT and Reboot you are Unrooted.

STEP 7.

To relock the Bootloader you need to Power off your GE S IV. Once the phone is off Hold VOLUME DOWN & VOLUME UP + THE POWER BUTTON all at the SAME TIME until it boots into a screen the has an ARROW that says POWER OFF with a ANDROID LAYING DOWN, this is FASTBOOT MODE. Plug in your phone to the computer and open up a command prompt and type fastboot oem lock you will see on your command terminal screen that your phone is successfully locked and the phone will reboot. THAT'S IT YOUR BACK TO 100% OUT OF THE BOX STOCK UNROOTED.

FASTBOOT FLASHING RECOVERY THROUGH ADB

STEP 1.

If for any reason you need to flash either custom or stock recovery you can do it through ADB. You need to download your STOCK or CUSTOM Recovery images at the links provided. Once you download the .IMG File you need to PLACE that .IMG File in your PLATFORM TOOLS Folder in C:\android-sdk\platform-tools [ YOU CAN RENAME THE IMAGE TO “recovery” ( without quotes ).

STEP 2.

Once that file is in your PLATFORM TOOLS folder do a SHIFT RIGHT CLICK INSIDE the PLATFORM TOOLS folder and select Open command window here.

STEP 3.

Now Put your phone into Fastboot Mode ( See Step 7 Above ) and connect your phone to the computer now type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img that's it ADB will now push the recovery image to your phone.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE FASTBOOT FLASHED RECOVERY TO YOUR PHONE.


That's pretty much it you have the basic tools and knowledge to modify your GE S4.

MJ
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 08:45 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHawaii

I9505G [GUIDE] INSTALL & USE ADB, FASTBOOT, UNLOCK, ROOT & UNROOT STEP BY STEP

This STEP BY STEP GUIDE is for anyone who would like to install the Android SDK or ADB to Unlock the Bootloader, Fastboot Flash Files, Root, and Unroot back to 100% out of the box Stock for your Google Edition Galaxy S4. If you would like to install and use ADB in the future for other devices this is a great place to start. Most if not all of the files that you need are in the I9505G[STICKY] GUIDE that is HERE but links are provided throughout the tutorial below.

Please Note [ By using this Guide you assume all the RISK associated with Customizing and Modifying your GOOGLE EDITION GALAXY S IV I9505G which Voids the Warranty. If you Brick your phone, lose your job or life as we know it ends I nor anyone on this thread or forum is responsible. If you are having trouble use the search button and review the thread, of you still cannot find the answer THEN ASK, We are here to help!

INSTALLING ADB

[ Windows 7 ] Windows 8 installation is the same however you need to install Fastboot Drivers and Disable Driver Verification so follow this YouTube Tutorial HERE after you install the Android SDK. NOW PROCEED TO STEP 1.

ADB or ( Android Debub Bridge ) allows you to send commands from your computer to your phone simply put. You will need ADB to Unlock the Bootloader, relock it, fastboot flash files to the phone like recovery. This Setup will allow you to communicate with ADB from anywhere on your PC.

STEP 1.

Download the Android SDK HERE [ all that you need is SDK Tools Only scroll to the bottom and select DOWNLOAD FOR OTHER PLATFORMS you will see Windows 32 & 64 bit then select android-sdk_r22.3-windows.zip ( r22 is the latest SDK as of the date of this guide )

STEP 2.

Download 7 ZIP file HERE if you do not have 7ZIP, WINZIP OR WINRAR on your PC if you already do then proceed to STEP 4.

STEP 3.

Now that you have both files downloaded. RUN AND INSTALL 7 ZIP.

STEP 4.

Now that 7 ZIP is installed you need to unzip android-sdk_r22.3-windows.zip to your C: Drive

STEP 5

Once this File is unzipped to your C: Drive you will see android-sdk-windows in your C: Drive go ahead and rename it to make it easier to android-sdk ( delete windows part )

STEP 6

Now Open android-sdk and look inside you will see SDK-MANAGER.exe with a little android guy next to it, CLICK ON IT, Once it opens let it load the packages, You will see a buch of check boxes. ONLY CHECK ( Tools and Android SDK Tools ) ONLY thats all you need to push and pull files or do logcats. After those are checked just CLICK INSTALL 2 PACKAGES AND SELECT ACCEPT ALL and it will take awhile to download and install the packages so be patient. Once it is done downloading OPEN UP your android-sdk folder again now you should see the Tools folder and Platform tools folder.

STEP 7

Now you need to set your path so select RIGHT CLICK COMPUTER on your computer and select PROPERTIES now select ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS now select ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, now under SYSTEM VARIABLES Scroll to PATH, now CLICK EDIT, you will see a long path scroll to the end with your arrow we are going to add your SDK path now. Copy and paste this to the end of your path ;C:/android-sdk/tools;C:/android-sdk/platform-tools Now select OK and OK again and your done now open up and command prompt and type adb and press enter, You should see a long list of adb commands scroll down the screen fast,

WINDOWS 8 USERS FOLLOW THIS YouTube Tutorial to disable Driver Signing HERE


CONGRATULATIONS you have installed ADB.


UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER

Unlocking the Bootloader allows you to Root and install Custom Recoveries on your GE S4. When you Unlock the Bootloader it is going to factory reset your phone so make sure you backup any important data or contacts before you do.

STEP 1.

Make sure you have enough Battery ( at least 50% ) and Drivers are installed on your computer, if you had your phone plugged in before and your computer recognized it your drivers are installed, if not DOWNLOAD DRIVERS HERE AND INSTALL THEM. Now power off your GE S IV.

STEP 2.

Once the phone is off Hold VOLUME DOWN & VOLUME UP + THE POWER BUTTON all at the SAME TIME until it boots into a screen the has an ARROW that says POWER OFF with a ANDROID LAYING DOWN, this is FASTBOOT MODE.

STEP 3.

Open up a command prompt now that you have ADB installed and in the command prompt type fastboot oem unlock and press ENTER. You will now see a screen on your GE S IV that asks you to confirm that you want to unlock the bootloader, USE VOLUME UP TO SELECT AND PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO CONFIRM IT. Your phone will now reset with an unlock symbol below the Google Start screen

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED.

ROOTING YOUR GOOGLE EDITION GALAXY S IV

STEP 1.

Now that your Bootloader is Unlocked you can root your phone.

STEP 2.

Download Chainfires CF Auto Root Package HERE

STEP 3.

Create a folder on your desktop Name it ROOT I9505G now unzip the CF AUTO ROOT FILE you just downloaded to that folder. Once you unzip it you will see a Odin3-v1.85.exe CLICK ON IT AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Now select PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-jgedlte-jgedlteue-gti9505g.tar.md5 FILE inside your ROOT I9505G folder. You do not need to check or uncheck any boxes they are already pre-checked for you in ODIN which should be Auto Reboot ONLY.

STEP 4.

Power off your phone and put it into download mode. Once off hold VOLUME DOWN, HOME BUTTON + POWER Button YOU WILL SEE A WARNING SELECT VOLUME UP to CONFIRM you want to GO to DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 5.

Plug in your phone and YOU SHOULD SEE A BOX LIGHT UP in the top left above ID:COM that says your connected. CLICK START.

STEP 6.

Now your phone will auto root you will see it reboot with a red android guy with an eye patch and files loading just wait your phone will reboot ROOTED.

THAT'S IT YOUR ROOTED.

( Don't forget to thank Chainfire who provided our root exploit for the I9505G )

RETURNING YOUR PHONE BACK TO STOCK 100% UNROOTED

STEP 1.

Download the Stock Firmware package of your choice HERE the latest is 4.4 I9505GUEUBMKG

STEP 2.

Download ODIN HERE

STEP 3.

Power off your phone and put it into download mode. Once off hold VOLUME DOWN, HOME BUTTON + POWER Button YOU WILL SEE A WARNING SELECT VOLUME UP to CONFIRM you want to GO to DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 4.

Open up ODIN and CLICK PDA now select the .TAR file from the Stock firmware package you downloaded. ( Please Note some .TAR Files are contained in a ZIP File which you will have to unzip to get your .TAR File ) Make Sure Auto Reboot and F Reset Time are checked. ( If you are on an older version of ODIN ( DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION ) Now Double Check everything and CONNECT YOUR PHONE THAT IS IN DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 5.

Wait for the .TAR File to Load it takes a few minutes to load because of the size of the File. Once the File is loaded you will see your phone connected in ID.COM Port Highlighted. CLICK START. This flash is going to take awhile so be patient. Once you see PASS you will see REMOVED in the dialogue box you can now disconnect your phone and wait for it to fully boot up.

ODIN DOES NOT OVERWRITE EVERYTHING SOMETIMES OR YOU CAN GET STUCK ON THE BOOT SCREEN. DO NOT PANIC. PULL THE BATTERY AND BOOT INTO STOCK RECOVERY WHICH IS VOLUME UP + POWER WHEN YOU SEE THE SAMSUNG LOGO KEEP HOLDING A FEW MORE SECONDS AND LET GO OF BOTH. You will now see the phone boot into stock recovery. At this point you need to use the volume button to go down and highlight WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET. Now select it by pressing POWER. After it reformats you phone Make sure Reboot is highlighted and press POWER Again. LET THE PHONE BOOT BACK UP.

STEP 6.

Unrooting and Relocking the Bootloader it critical if you want to take future OTA's or you need to return the phone to Google. Open up the SUPERSU application on the phone CLICK SETTINGS and Scroll to the bottom. NOW CLICK FULL UNROOT and Reboot the Phone. [ You may have to update the SUPERSU Application in Google Play first to FULLY UNROOT if the phone is asking you to update Root in Google Play. Once you click FULL UNROOT and Reboot you are Unrooted.

STEP 7.

To relock the Bootloader you need to Power off your GE S IV. Once the phone is off Hold VOLUME DOWN & VOLUME UP + THE POWER BUTTON all at the SAME TIME until it boots into a screen the has an ARROW that says POWER OFF with a ANDROID LAYING DOWN, this is FASTBOOT MODE. Plug in your phone to the computer and open up a command prompt and type fastboot oem lock you will see on your command terminal screen that your phone is successfully locked and the phone will reboot. THAT'S IT YOUR BACK TO 100% OUT OF THE BOX STOCK UNROOTED.

FASTBOOT FLASHING RECOVERY THROUGH ADB

STEP 1.

If for any reason you need to flash either custom or stock recovery you can do it through ADB. You need to download your STOCK or CUSTOM Recovery images at the links provided. Once you download the .IMG File you need to PLACE that .IMG File in your PLATFORM TOOLS Folder in C:\android-sdk\platform-tools [ YOU CAN RENAME THE IMAGE TO “recovery” ( without quotes ).

STEP 2.

Once that file is in your PLATFORM TOOLS folder do a SHIFT RIGHT CLICK INSIDE the PLATFORM TOOLS folder and select Open command window here.

STEP 3.

Now Put your phone into Fastboot Mode ( See Step 7 Above ) and connect your phone to the computer now type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img that's it ADB will now push the recovery image to your phone.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE FASTBOOT FLASHED RECOVERY TO YOUR PHONE.


That's pretty much it you have the basic tools and knowledge to modify your GE S4.

MJ

Isn't the Bootloader already unlocked on the GPE I9505G? I was able to root and install custom recovery without going through the bootloader unlock process.
11th December 2013, 11:30 PM |#3  
MJHawaii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 435
 
Donate to Me
More
Please don't quote the whole OP. Last I checked it would be impossible to flash root or custom recovery on a locked boot loader.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th December 2013, 04:32 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHawaii

Please don't quote the whole OP. Last I checked it would be impossible to flash root or custom recovery on a locked boot loader.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So my point is why tell people who have the I9505G GPE phone they need to unlock the bootloader to root their phone?
12th December 2013, 05:12 AM |#5  
MJHawaii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 435
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsablive

So my point is why tell people who have the I9505G GPE phone they need to unlock the bootloader to root their phone?

You cannot Root a or install Custom Recovery on a Locked Boot loader.

The GE S4 could fall under the Nexus category but I don't know anyone willing to try it except you which you obviously did not do your homework and took a risk. If you did root the I9505G successfully on a locked BL then unroot relock and try it again then I will have all OP updated. You could even film it and upload it to YouTube so we can show it..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th December 2013, 10:54 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJHawaii



You cannot Root a or install Custom Recovery on a Locked Boot loader.

The GE S4 could fall under the Nexus category but I don't know anyone willing to try it except you which you obviously did not do your homework and took a risk. If you did root the I9505G successfully on a locked BL then unroot relock and try it again then I will have all OP updated. You could even film it and upload it to YouTube so we can show it..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My point was I was able to root and install a custom recovery on my GPE I9505G without having to do the bootloader unlock. So my question is the GPE I9505G unlocked? Or was my phone an anomoly?
12th December 2013, 03:30 PM |#7  
wilbarger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
Not to drag this on and on, but I am 99% sure that I never unlocked bootloader on my GE either. That was one of the draws when these phones were announced while developers were struggling to unlock the ATT bootloader. Looking back in google search, it appears that the phone was to be delivered with unlocked bootloaders. I could be mistaken about this, but it is my recollection.
12th December 2013, 06:51 PM |#8  
MJHawaii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 435
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbarger

Not to drag this on and on, but I am 99% sure that I never unlocked bootloader on my GE either. That was one of the draws when these phones were announced while developers were struggling to unlock the ATT bootloader. Looking back in google search, it appears that the phone was to be delivered with unlocked bootloaders. I could be mistaken about this, but it is my recollection.

The phone shipped with a locked boot loader but falls under the Nexus category so CF Auto Root is able to flash and OEM unlock that's why when you run it on a locked BL and chainfires exploit runs when the phone reboots you see the unlocked symbol.

But to go back to the guy who's initial question. Yes you can Root without fastboot OEM unlock but only for select phones mentioned. It would BEHOOVE YOU to not look for shortcuts and Learn how to install the SDK and use fastboot FOR WHICH the guide was INTENDED. Its a MUST Have in certain situations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th December 2013, 07:00 PM |#9  
wilbarger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 417
 
More
MJ, thanks for the clarification. I have used SDK tools and must have unlocked my bootloader as I flash kernals, ROMS and radios without issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilbarger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilbarger Ad-Free
12th December 2013, 08:57 PM |#10  
MJHawaii's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 435
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbarger

MJ, thanks for the clarification. I have used SDK tools and must have unlocked my bootloader as I flash kernals, ROMS and radios without issues.

This guide if used correctly and understood will help anyone when it comes to modding android phones. ADB is an absolute Must if you have an HTC phone, toolkits fail so having the Old School knowledge is a life saver and is quicker once you get used to it. My goal with this guide is bigger than one phone or tablet. It gives you the core skills. Hope it helps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MJHawaii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MJHawaii Ad-Free
12th December 2013, 09:55 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
In my case I didn't use Chain Fire to root my phone, I used odin to flash a rooted stock rom, and then installed TWRP Manager and installed TWRP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, guide, i9505g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes