Max Charging current in on the Wireless charging pins and set MAX wireless charg amp

Search This thread

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
Hi All

I am trying to find out what is the MAX charging current the note 2 can take in on the connectors for the wireless charging.

I did the palm touch stone wireless charging mod and it worked great but I only managed to get it to charge with about 0.466 amps.

I have seen there is other wireless charging solutions (QI) out there and they say charging current up till about 1 amp on some of them.

So to test out how much amps I could pump into the note 2 I though i just connect the plus and minus to the two connectors from a 2 amp charger on the the wireless connector pins and use GCC to see what it could take.

To my surprise it only shows the same as when I used the wireless charging stuff from the palm and that was 0.466 amps????? :confused:

So i was thinking maybe its the software that limits it! Well flashed the phone with new fresh Kitkat and tested the same setup and STILL the same charging current of 0.466 amps!! :confused:

So I want back to my daily drive and installed CPU adjuster to see if i could set the wireless charging rate there but there is only shows usb and the other normal stuff, nothing about wireless charging amps.

So my question is: IS 0.466 amps MAX we can charge on this pins?
And is there a setting to sett the wireless charging rate anywhere?

nounnouu

Dec 1, 2013
Hi All

I am trying to find out what is the MAX charging current the note 2 can take in on the connectors for the wireless charging.

I did the palm touch stone wireless charging mod and it worked great but I only managed to get it to charge with about 0.466 amps.

I have seen there is other wireless charging solutions (QI) out there and they say charging current up till about 1 amp on some of them.

So to test out how much amps I could pump into the note 2 I though i just connect the plus and minus to the two connectors from a 2 amp charger on the the wireless connector pins and use GCC to see what it could take.

To my surprise it only shows the same as when I used the wireless charging stuff from the palm and that was 0.466 amps????? :confused:

So i was thinking maybe its the software that limits it! Well flashed the phone with new fresh Kitkat and tested the same setup and STILL the same charging current of 0.466 amps!! :confused:

So I want back to my daily drive and installed CPU adjuster to see if i could set the wireless charging rate there but there is only shows usb and the other normal stuff, nothing about wireless charging amps.

So my question is: IS 0.466 amps MAX we can charge on this pins?
And is there a setting to sett the wireless charging rate anywhere?

i think so

Kuchar09

Apr 3, 2012
I'm getting either .54 or .623 amps not sure since it seems like the max should be higher that the current charging rate in my pic.

I'm using devils kernel n messed with the charging rates and disabled the 100mA safety margin.

I'm also using a QI charger n receiver that is capable of 1 amp. Wish I could actually get 1 amp tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386041303471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386041303471.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386041316129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386041316129.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 314

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
I'm getting either .54 or .623 amps not sure since it seems like the max should be higher that the current charging rate in my pic.

I'm using devils kernel n messed with the charging rates and disabled the 100mA safety margin.

I'm also using a QI charger n receiver that is capable of 1 amp. Wish I could actually get 1 amp tho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for giving me the info I have been looking for.

Will have to install that kernel and have a go my self. ;)

Last edited:

Archeob

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks for giving me the info I have been looking for.

Will have to install that kernel and have a go my self. ;)

I'm in the same boat as you. I just changed my wireless receiver for a 1000 mA model, I have both a Nokia and generic chinese charging pads, and I also installed the Devil 2 kernel and modified the charging values and STILL I cannot get past 460 mA.

Any other ideas?

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
I'm in the same boat as you. I just changed my wireless receiver for a 1000 mA model, I have both a Nokia and generic chinese charging pads, and I also installed the Devil 2 kernel and modified the charging values and STILL I cannot get past 460 mA.

Any other ideas?

Nop, not yet.

But I did try that kernel too and did set the same settings as Kuchar09 showes in the pics but still stuck on max 466mA :confused: :confused:

But have not given up yet, but at least now we have a thread to collect info so we can at least get the same mA level as Kuchar09 did get.