FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Easy tweaking the HTC Wizard ??

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nicodekker, Senior Member on 29th January 2006, 12:04 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Would people be interested in a simple program for changing registry settings? As an example some screen prints.

IMPORTANT: As this program makes changes to the registry it is important to first make a backup of your device.

Latest News. RegistryWizard is nominated for the PocketPC Awards 2007 and since the 10th of october even a finalist!

Suggestions for other tweaks are welcome.

Nico
Attached Files
File Type: doc registry_tweaks.doc - [Click for QR Code] (94.5 KB, 18884 views)
File Type: zip registry_wizard_source.zip - [Click for QR Code] (67.9 KB, 4084 views)
File Type: cab registrywizard_ppc.armv4_430.cab - [Click for QR Code] (534.5 KB, 16173 views)

29th January 2006, 12:24 PM |#2  

More
can't think of any other options but just having those on one screen would be excellent and save having to do them all through the registry (which I hate doing!!)

Good Work!
29th January 2006, 12:31 PM |#3  

More
Suggestion:

Different GPRS/EDGE Icon?

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\
EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon from 0 to 1

Hide SIM contacts?

HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone
new DWORD value named "ShowSim" and set it to 0

Add the GPS Icon in control Panel?

Cheers,

Drifter
29th January 2006, 02:26 PM |#4  
Flag Frankfurt, Germany
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hey this is a great Idea... instead of having to reapply loads of fixes after a reinstall this saves an enourmous amount of time

Nice going !
29th January 2006, 02:43 PM |#5  

More
There is a (commercial) program that does this trick; Tweaks2k2. http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/filemgmt/

You can download a trial version, good for three runs.
29th January 2006, 02:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this prog ready for use?
Do you want a tester for it? would love to try this one.
29th January 2006, 03:32 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westland

More
Tweak2K2 versus HTC Wizard Tweak
I know the Tweak2K2 program, I even have a license for that. But as far as I now this handy utility has no specific support for the HTC Wizard. For instance the 802.11G tweak will probbly not available in Tweak2K2.
At this moment I'm working on the "Registry Wizard". The first steps are ready. On loading the program the several registry settings are read and the checkboxes are adjusted to show the current configuration. The second step will be to allow the user to change the setting by adjusting the checkbox. Clicking on the "Apply" button will pop up a messagebox asking to confirm a soft reset in order to activate the new registry settings.
Perhaps I can even build in a routine to check if the device is actually a HTC Wizard in order to prevent the program by mistake adjust registry settings on a non HTC Wizard.
For people interested in the program. The program is written with the aid of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (VB) and the OpennetCF addin.

Suggestions for other HTC Wizard tweaks are welcome. Bij the way the GPRS allways on setting is a little more difficult as the registry shows specific provider information (in my case T-Mobile). So the GPRS key setting might be a little more difficult.

Nico
29th January 2006, 03:34 PM |#8  
is this tool compatible with wm2003 / magician?

this would be great to have also:

** sms notification always on **
Hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\inbox\setting s\SMSDeliveryNotify = Dword:00000001 -> 0=off
29th January 2006, 03:59 PM |#9  

More
Great prog,

Let us know if you want testers
29th January 2006, 05:17 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Westland

More
This program is in it's very early stage. In fact I just started this morning creating the program in Visual Studio 2005. I expect the coming week to post a very early beta version. And to be clear, everyone can be a beta tester or user. Just be a little patience because I don't want to mess up everybodies registry.

Unfortunally I have no knowledge of the other HTC devices so I'm not sure if that can be supported.

Kind regards,
Nico
29th January 2006, 06:40 PM |#11  
Flag Zielona Gora (PL)
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Re: Easy tweaking the HTC Wizard ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodekker

Suggestions for other tweaks are welcome.

seems like quite useful tool! i would also suggest to include little explanations for each tweak, i mean what exactly each tweak does.

other reghacks:
- enable/disable switching cleartype off while changing to landscape mode
- ability to modify softkeys functions on today screen

btw, i don't know why there are two separate topics regarding this? :-o
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread