Here is a Little Tutorial for making a 5 Button Navigation Bar mod. This tutorial should work in all sony devices that running Android version 4.1 and above. Tested in 4.4.4 too. Works well.
- One PC
- Little Knowledge of Decompiling, Editing XML Files and Signing Apks
- Notepad ++
- Some Brains
Note :- U can get the Notepad++ and Apktool for De compiling from here. Also there is a nice tutorial too..
(1) Decompile ur SystemUI.apk and go to res/drawable-xxhdpi folder.Then download ,extract and move the " TWO " attached pngs to that folder. It will ask for replace. Click yes. Do the same in “drawable-xhdpi“ folder too. Not necessary. But just do.
For Device With XHDPI Add the Pngs to XHDPI Folder
For Device With HDPI Add the Pngs to HDPI Folder
(2) Then go to res/values folder and find ids.xml file. Open it with Notepad++ ( Right Click and then Edit With Notepad++ ) . Then add this line at the end
Save it and close it.
(3) Now go to res/values/strings.xml and add this line at the end
save the xml file and close it..
(4) Then go to res/layout and find navigation-bar.xml and open it with Notepad++. U can find this
Just delete the marked lines and paste these lines to there
Then save it and scroll down and u will see this
Just delete the marked lines and paste these lines there
Save it and close the xml file
(5) Recompile and sign the SystemUI.apk and use it.. U will get 5 Button Navigation Bar…
@sandy7 for Basic Tips
(2) Power Button for XHDPI Devices. http://devhost.xda-developers.com/tkg Thanks to My Brother @DaRk-L0rD