FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] KarbonKat v1.2-3 (5/1/15) [Carbon/CM11][4.4.4-r2]

438 posts
Thanks Meter: 521

Post Reply Email Thread
This is my build of Carbon ROM until a build setup is running for the Evita on 4.4.x. It's based off the full CarbonDev source from Github plus the pure CM11 device trees. As such it doesn't do adb once fully booted and as it's 4.4 it NEEDS the new recoveries, TWRP 2.7.0.8 or CWM 6.0.4.5.

Full kudos to the CarbonDev guys and the CM team as always cause I'm just the build monkey!

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

The original ROM is on this thread: CarbonRom JB

It does work and it is a lot smoother than 4.3! It works on Hboots all the way up to 2.18.0000 and new firmwares. I've also added Apollo music player into the build from the CM-11 trees!! Credit to olokos for developing that further and Andrew Neal for the original code! Enjoy!

I've also added links for the recoveries for the new and old encryption style (ie own partition or folder under /data) plus both Paranoid Gapps stock packages, for the new/old encryption ROMs.

Firmware in use on my phone: 5.14.61.2-3.17.61.1

KarbonKat-v1.1-0 09/06/2014
KarbonKat-v1.1-1 12/06/2014
KarbonKat-v1.1-2 23/06/2014
KarbonKat-v1.1-3 01/07/2014
KarbonKat-v1.1-4 14/07/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-5 10/09/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-6 19/09/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-7 22/09/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-8 29/09/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-11 22/10/2014
KarbonKat v1.1-12 28/10/2014
KarbonKat v1.2-0 02/12/2014
KarbonKat v1.2-2 18/12/2014

KarbonKat v1.2-3 5/1/2015 latest stable 4.4.4 version!

BaNKs Gapps for 4.4.3: Goo.im folder

PA Gapps for 4.4.2 to 4.4.4: Paranoid Android Gapps

TWRP Recovery download section now at 2.8.0.0
TWRP Recovery new encryption
TWRP Recovery old encryption

All files on Android File Host: KitKat and JB uploads

Full ChangeLogs can be worked out from these:

CyanogenMod Review for the CM device and kernel trees and CarbonDev's Review for the rest!

My own source is available via http://github.com/Aronar
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Soenisti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soenisti Ad-Free

3rd December 2013, 04:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Reserved will be for screenshots etc.
Screenshots! Only 3 but they do give the versions etc.

Screenshots album
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soenisti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soenisti Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 04:39 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 19,088

Donate to Me
More
Awesome, will flash this in the morning. Thanks for bringing Carbon 4.4 to our device.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Your link is missing the ":" after the "http" by the way.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 04:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Awesome, will flash this in the morning. Thanks for bringing Carbon 4.4 to our device.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Sent from my Evita

I have to second this. Great job. Will be trying soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Black!Jack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Black!Jack Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 04:53 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita

Cheers mate, I didn't check when I pasted it in! Fixed it now though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soenisti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soenisti Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 04:57 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 447

More
I'm gonna faint......

The Following User Says Thank You to Scozzar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scozzar Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 05:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Defiantly gonna try this soon
3rd December 2013, 06:15 PM |#8  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Nice work man! Gonna flash this in the morning!
3rd December 2013, 06:16 PM |#9  
As with other KK ROMs mute is not working, with or without headphones.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd December 2013, 06:24 PM |#10  
Flag Konoha
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Holy smokes. Will give this a go soon. Great work!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
3rd December 2013, 07:01 PM |#11  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Sumbody post screen shots

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)