FORUMS

[Q] Touchstone vs Touchpad vs Qi Style Charging (Not working)

192 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By AMRivlin, Senior Member on 3rd December 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have 2 Touchpads, and 2 Touchstone Touch Pad Chargers
I also have a Pre Touchstone (Like the hockey puck style)

I put a pre touch charger on my Galaxy S3's backplate.
This: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1154/10001946/1149700

S3 + Pre Touchstone = Charging
S3 + Touchpad Touchstone = Nothing happens on either one. (Even by moving all around)

What am I doing wrong?
17th December 2013, 06:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,871

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRivlin

I have 2 Touchpads, and 2 Touchstone Touch Pad Chargers
I also have a Pre Touchstone (Like the hockey puck style)

I put a pre touch charger on my Galaxy S3's backplate.
This: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1154/10001946/1149700

S3 + Pre Touchstone = Charging
S3 + Touchpad Touchstone = Nothing happens on either one. (Even by moving all around)

What am I doing wrong?

That site says the backplate is a Qi backplate. The TouchStone isnt a Qi charger. And it wouldnt work with the Touchpad's charger. I've never seen that before. Hopefully you didnt get scammed.

EDIT: After reading more, the site says that it is made for it and not Qi compatible.

"This wireless charger is not Qi-compatible:
The included back plate is custom designed to work with the Galaxy S3 on the Palm Touchstone charger.
It is compatible with Palm chargers (included) and is not compatible with Qi chargers."

I dont really know anything about that product. Sorry. Maybe they sent you a Qi backplate by mistake.
17th December 2013, 07:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

That site says the backplate is a Qi backplate. The TouchStone isnt a Qi charger. And it wouldnt work with the Touchpad's charger. I've never seen that before. Hopefully you didnt get scammed.

EDIT: After reading more, the site says that it is made for it and not Qi compatible.

"This wireless charger is not Qi-compatible:
The included back plate is custom designed to work with the Galaxy S3 on the Palm Touchstone charger.
It is compatible with Palm chargers (included) and is not compatible with Qi chargers."

I dont really know anything about that product. Sorry. Maybe they sent you a Qi backplate by mistake.

No the touchstones are original factory.
The backplate uses the touchstone standard (and it works on the touchstone)

What doesnt work is the touchpad touchstone. at all.
17th December 2013, 07:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,871

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRivlin

No the touchstones are original factory.
The backplate uses the touchstone standard (and it works on the touchstone)

What doesnt work is the touchpad touchstone. at all.

Oh. So the Pre Touchstone works. I missed that part. The Touchpad touchstone wont work. I believe the charging connection in that Touchstone is on the very bottom lip. Not the back that stands the Tablet up. So to charge on that, the connection on your phone would have to be on the sides of your device.
22nd December 2013, 07:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hey

I'm a little confused, but recently got a Touchstone for my touchpad,
Was wondering if there was a way to get my Galaxy Note 2 charged by it ?

If I understood it right from this topic, no hope ?

Thanks
29th October 2017, 11:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but just wondering... does the Palm Pre Touchstone (hockey puc style/shape) work with the HP Touchpads...? Or is it different technology??

My HP Touchpad is dead, and I dont want to buy the official Touchstone if its not gonna make a blind bit of difference, where as the Palm Pre (puc style) is like half the price...

I wasn't even aware the Touchpads were wireless charging capable...?? What type of technology is the Touchpad wireless charger?? I have a wireless charging pad from another phone here, and wondered if that would work?? I will look out the model of my wireless charger later to see if its compatible....

Cheers, Lister
30th October 2017, 07:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
If you want to wireless charge the TouchPad, you need the official wireless charger. It works well. It's the only reason I still use the touchpad... no idea why other companies don't make something just like it.
5th January 2018, 01:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hwy guys i have a touchpad lying around and there seems to be no chargers or touchstone available in my country to buy,i was wondering if there's an altenative for the touchstone ? will 3rd party wireless chargers work ?
5th January 2018, 02:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,825

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Deepak

Hwy guys i have a touchpad lying around and there seems to be no chargers or touchstone available in my country to buy,i was wondering if there's an altenative for the touchstone ? will 3rd party wireless chargers work ?

There is no alternative for the Touchstone, just the barrel charger. Get one rated for at least 2.1 amps. .
5th January 2018, 02:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash

There is no alternative for the Touchstone, just the barrel charger. Get one rated for at least 2.1 amps. .

but it says "to reliably charge use the cable and power adapter that came with your device" after i charge it for a while,and turns off
7th January 2018, 10:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,825

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Deepak

but it says "to reliably charge use the cable and power adapter that came with your device" after i charge it for a while,and turns off

Ignore it. I've been charging my Touchpads with generic chargers for years. Just make sure it is output rated for 2 amps (2000 ma) or greater @ 5 volts
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
touchstone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)