81 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By fordream, Member on 8th December 2013, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2015, 01:29 PM |#11  
Flag Roznava

More
Hi I have same issue....sometime when I unconnect the battery then it works and shows normal temp of the battery and charging works .... but later it shows -30C (-22F) ...and phone wont turn on I must open cover and disconnect/connect battery...I dont know where is the sensor for the battery temp....I also try to bend a connector on motherboard then its works..but after several days it wont turn on/charge....(I bend only two connector for + and - the third connector was to small) ..... I think the issue was only the sensor but dont knows where is it.....
6th March 2015, 12:44 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same problem, only I press really hard on the power/vol buttons sometimes fixes the temp.

It seems to be a deep rooted function of the phone since if the sensor detects -30 Deg C while off, it won't allow you to turn it on.. but i'd really like some kind of kernel mod or something that can fix this
30th August 2015, 10:56 PM |#13  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

More
found a solution ...
the problem is related to the battery temperature sensor .. i tried everything like hairdryer ... reassembling the phone etc but nothing worked
than i came to to a solution when i was moving through the service menu (launched by the code 3845#*800# as my device is d800 for other models code will be like 3845#*model no# eg; for d801 put 801 in place of model no )

now you can move to setting tab
than in setting press battery tab
here press battery fake mode and turn it on

thats it now it will charge ....
however it will show always a fixed level of battery like 80% or something else but it will charge ....
if you want to see how much it has charged just turn off the fake battery mode and it will show you how much battery is there ....

if it works and you got your phone working and useful again you can donate me a beer ...... on paypal [email protected]
2nd November 2015, 11:02 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello dears
The same problem happened with me (low battery temprature ,unable to charge battery) .I installed Avira antivirus and scanned all files on the memory and 4 hidden viruses were caught and deleted , then the mobile returned back to its normal trend and charging normally
25th January 2016, 09:55 PM |#15  
Flag Roznava

More
2nd Solution maybe...

I have same issue like you guys, I bought used G2 and the phone has got an new LCD , the first owner send the phone to official LG repair service to prague,but they said tho mobo is dead.Then I bought the phone and removed the screw near the battery and it works perfectly.Try and will see ..... sorry for my bad english
9th June 2017, 10:33 PM |#16  

More
Found temp sensor on the back cover
I´ve found a solution.
The temperature sensor is on the bottom of the back cover, you will see two small contacts there.

I got the phone to charge by removing the cover, and shorting these contacts while plugging in the charger.
I think this bypasses the initial temp test, and so it charges. (Doesn't charge just without cover)

If this works for you, then changing the back cover should solve the problem for good. (Or until the new sensor breaks too)

If it doesn`t, then my money is on changing the battery flex.

Do not try to short the contacts permanently, that would remove all temperature protections and batteries can get explosive if overheated.

Good luck,
Camo
13th February 2018, 02:32 PM |#17  

More
i have same problem but i m using verizon so can anyone tell me how to i fix it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)