FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Xposed][MOD][Android 4.4+] SMS, USSD, tethering and native SIP for Nexus devices

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

Post Reply Email Thread
Xposed module to enable SMS, USSD and native SIP dialing on Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7 2012 and 2013, 9, and 10

I've created an Xposed module to give you a very simple and secure way to enable SMS, USSD and the native SIP dialing function on your Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7 2012 and 2013, 9, and 10. With this module you are now OTA-ready, as you don't have to revert to stock before applying an OTA, because you will not get the popular checksum error, because you don't have to flash anything (except Xposed) and thus don't modify any important file(s).

After this long time I should maybe give an update about the current status.
I red every single reply to this thread now and see there are some Nexus users having problems mainly with MMS. Well first of all I never talked about enabling MMS, but I enabled it anyway, because there isn't a difference to SMS in terms of how Google+OEMs+Providers blocked them.
That means the only reason why some of you are still not able to send and receive MMS messages is, because the provider blocks them at network level. So even though your tablet is able to send them, the providers tower doesn't even think about accepting such a message from your device, because you have a special contract.

The second problem I noticed is something I encountered myself. You will always get two pop-ups when you receive an SMS when you receive an SMS if your ROM already has an SMS receiver module like the SimpleMessageReceiver.apk that is installed by default in Googles Stock Android.
To solve that you have two options: Freeze the app in the app storage list or remove it completely. I recommend to freeze it, because a nonexistent file (after you removed it) would break incremental OTA updates.

I dropped the support for the flashable ZIP files, because they are just so uncomfortable, not cross ROM compatible, break updates, can lead to very ugly boot-loops on SOME devices without any reason. In fact, even if you copy an original framework apk from one stock Nexus 7 to another, you might even get problems there. Even though those files should be exactly the same, because the built number and md5 is the same. Very very strange and I don't have the time to investigate this.
In case you really - for whatever reason possible - don't want to install Xposed and this module, and still use the flashable ZIPs, @GuyAdams still continues to support them here. But it seems like this is for the SMS function only. You decide.

The Xposed module SHOULD work on ANY Android version, with ANY installed ROM on ANY device that is missing one of the above mentioned features. If it does not re-activate those functions on a device, you can still post it here, but Nexus devices will have priority.

If there is an important question for me you can mention me "@makuser". I currently don't have that much time, but I see @teddy0209 is already helping out a lot. Thank you very much for that! I would look out for a direct mention of my name in case anything else is unclear.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them

How to get it
If you don't know the Xposed Framework click here to read about it in the Xposed Module XDA-thread.
You will find the Xposed module in the Google Play Store and in the Xposed repo.

Watch it in action
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to makuser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift makuser Ad-Free

9th December 2013, 02:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Waiting for upload finished. Thanks
9th December 2013, 04:09 PM |#3  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any one getting boot loop after this install?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
9th December 2013, 04:13 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Augsburg
Thanks Meter: 50

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msn0005

Any one getting boot loop after this install?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Are you using TWRP or CWM to flash it? Any other modifications?
9th December 2013, 04:17 PM |#5  
CA-US
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bootloop
Bootloop for me, although it did briefly make it to the lock screen the first boot.

I'm on rooted stock 4.4.1 using TWRP 2.6.3.1.

**EDIT: Got it to work by fixing permissions in TWRP immediately after installing.
9th December 2013, 05:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbaa

Bootloop for me, although it did briefly make it to the lock screen the first boot.

I'm on rooted stock 4.4.1 using TWRP 2.6.3.1.

stacked bootroop too.
9th December 2013, 05:29 PM |#7  
Flag Canary Islands
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Me too 4.4.1 KOT49E TWRP 2.6.3.1

Edit.

Revert bionic patch and now work.
9th December 2013, 07:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've a Nexus 2013 LTE with CM 11 based on KOT49E and flash zip with CMW but on reboot system hangs on the cyanogen logo .. I had to reinstall the rom ... Help!!!
9th December 2013, 07:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After installing SMS Mod the Nexus remained in Bootloop, I installed 2013_KOT49E_Revert and nexus started normally. Reinstalling the SMS Mod brought renewed Bootloop.
Then I installed 2013_KOT49E_Revert and directly behind the SMS Mod Now the MOD works
9th December 2013, 07:44 PM |#10  
Flag Canary Islands
Thanks Meter: 19

More
What i have done:
Scenario:
KOT49E rooted
ElementalX kernel 2.3
4.4 qc-optimized_bionic patch http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546120
4.4 qc-optimized_dalvik patch http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546120
Working without problems.

Flash KOT49E SMS (OP). Reboot and bootloop.

Solution (almost for me)
Flash KOT49E Revert to Stock in the OP. Reboot and verify.
Flash KOT49E_stock_revert.zip http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546120
Reboot an verify.
Flash KOT49E SMS (OP) again, reboot and working.

As i want test qc optimized i re-flash both patchs in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546120.

Working !!!
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfgh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cfgh Ad-Free
9th December 2013, 08:09 PM |#11  
Flag FSM
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Hung on me too... Stock KOT49E+ElementalX 2.3. Installed and cashe+dalvic wipe.

*But I was able to get it working by:

1) Boot TWRP (power+vol up) and ran the uninstall zip.
2) Restart -- everything looks normal.
3) Restart into TWRP and ran the install zip again.
...now it's working!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)