CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
- are running a custom kernel
- have flashed mods
- modified system files
- didn't follow our intructions word by word
- are unfriendly
Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
Your mod => your problem!
CHECK KNOWN ISSUES IN SECOND POST
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/
First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your FIRST, or coming from another ROM:
- Read known issues ans FAQs
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
- Boot into HBOOT (hold Volume Down at boot)
- Flash the boot.img
- Fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot into recovery via the bootloader menu
- Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from SDCard
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
Open-Source doesn't mean Out-of-Respect!!!
CM 10.1 HTC FIRST, a ROM for the HTC First
ROM Firmware Required: A Brain
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2013-12-28