Thanks Meter: 7

By mnezo, Junior Member on 9th December 2013, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2014, 03:47 AM |#51  
Flag Mafra - SC
Thanks Meter: 3

More
New firmware
Has anyone tried to install the German version (DBT) I9195XXUBML4 that came out on jan/9 to see if it solves the problem?

Download Firmware > SamMobile or Samsung Updates

UPDATE:
I did the update to the new version and still the same thing, I'm thinking of taking on a service to see what they say about it ...

12th January 2014, 04:04 PM |#52  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 2

More
NFC works
Finally after hours and hours of trying different methods I finally have NFC working on the i9195. I used the stock UK FW I9195XXUBMJ7 and also works with the stock I9195XXUBML1 FW from EE network UK.

- Using Odin flashed the FW, Carried out a few wipes for good measure and then re-flashed FW I9195XXUBMJ7 from SamMobile.
- Still NFC will not toggle on.
- Using Odin flashed custom recovery (recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-serranoltexx)
- Installed the GT -i9195 Rootkit_v2
- installed KNOXDisablerFree_v1.0.1.apk and disabled the KNOX notifications etc. (will properly remove KNOX later)
- installed Root Explorer app

Using root explorer navigate to system>lib>hw, find the file ‘nfc_nci.msm8960.so’ give read write permission and renamed as others have mentioned with all lower case. Did not even reboot but the toggle for NFC stays on but after a reboot back to square one.
I tried using the S4mini_NFC_FIX_StockRom.zip before but no luck but combined with renaming and then using the S4mini_NFC_FIX_StockRom.zip it seems to be working fine now.
Restarted, Switched off the phone for a while and then back on, more reboots and it seems to be staying on.

Hope this way works for all. Good luck

All the files needed can be found on this thread apart from the FW files. they are on www.sammobile.com
A big thank you to all on this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaishg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaishg Ad-Free
5th February 2014, 01:30 PM |#53  
Flag Hull, UK
Thanks Meter: 9

More
NFC Not working
Ok just had same issue after ROM crash..
Had to recover using KIES.. All stock with KNOX 0x0

Flash I9195XXUBMJ7 using odin or kies (only one that will flash)
Flash recovery using recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx (odin)
root using S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (recovery)
mount /system (recovery goto mounts and storage > mount /system)
I used adb to rename the library file (mv /system/lib/hw/nfc_nci.MSM8960.so /system/lib/hw/nfc_nci.msm8960.so) #File explorer was read only
Deleted KNOX:
rm /system/app/KNOXAgent.apk
rm /system/app/KNOXStore.apk
rm /system/app/ContainerAgent.apk

Then installed nfc_fix and rebooted..
Thank to kaishg followed "vague" instructions..but still had trouble..got it working in the end so thank you...
12th February 2014, 03:15 PM |#54  
Flag Mérida
Thanks Meter: 57

More
works!!! just renamed it the file =)

Im happy and i did it in a GT-9195L

=)

Thanks!
6th March 2014, 08:13 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
I can confirm that the flashable zip also works on MIUI not just stock. Thanks very much guys
13th March 2014, 12:47 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Exclamation Same Issue
I have followed this thread and very grateful for creator of this thread.

I too, updated from 4.2.2 (NEE, PHN, ETC.) ... Complete wipe, install via ODIN, lost NFC..

Had to follow the thread...

1.) ODIN (STOCK)
2.) Install CWM
3.) Install Cust2
4.) Cust Kernel
5.) NFC zip

Fixed.

why will stock not work on NFC? Did CM11 write something to NFC FW? something is done on security certificates or something... I hope this is addressed.
15th March 2014, 11:33 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
Using the file from the post #38 fixed the issue
UBML4 Vikinger
18th March 2014, 03:50 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi

I have the same problem, and it's great that the solution has been found with this thread

Unfortunately I'm still a bit confused about what i HAVE to do to fix it... Can I still have everything stock (not rooted, no CWM) after the fix?

Right now I have the latest stock ROM (NEE) with NFC not working (due to previously using CM 10.2.1).

It would be great if someone could do a quick recap/summary for me on what to do to get everything back to stock with NFC working, and with links to the files I need (I have Odin, CWM and all the stock ROMs).

Best regards

Paal
18th March 2014, 04:03 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
How do you turn on NFC? Or does the DUOS variant not have it?
20th March 2014, 10:11 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexorian

How do you turn on NFC? Or does the DUOS variant not have it?

Only the i9195 (LTE/4G-model) have NFC
The Following User Says Thank You to paalpet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paalpet Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 02:20 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have also unrooted my I9195 with the BML4 ROM,and then i lost the NFC function.Then i followed kaishg's instructions and NFC worked.But with rooted phone (even on stock ROM) i loose the screen mirroring function (it turns off before establishing connection with smart TV).If only i could find a solution replacing the nfc_nsi_MSM8960.so file with the one with lower case letters,without rooting the phone,then i could have NFC and Screen mirroring functions on...Any ideas or solutions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)