Disclaimer: OctOS is a WIP. It has been evaluated as being stable, and is suitable for daily use in most cases. While it may be considered stable, there may be unknown bugs. The development team is not responsible for any damage to your device or your information.
1. Read the OP fully.
2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.
OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
- Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
- Notification LED control
- Status Bar control
- Active Display
- Application Side-Bar
- Battery Bar
- Theme Engine
- Power Menu Options
- Apps Ops preserved
Uploaded to XDA's DevDB
-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it
Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat
ADB Logcat tutorial here: How to create a logcat log
Let us know if you run into bugs. Get Syslog from the Android Market, if you don't already have it. No logs and we can only try to recreate the event off of vague descriptions. Please also include what you were doing when it FCed or failed. Logs can be emailed to: email@example.com
- Download ROM .zip file
- Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
- Download latest SuperSU flashable
- Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
--- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM ---
- Flash ROM, GApps, SuperSU .zip files
- Clear Dalvik/Cache
A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.
In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.
You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
- GPe - Google Experience
- Regular GPe GApps
- Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
- AOSP GApps
- Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps
The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.
Special thanks to
- @broodplank1337 for the great aosp source to start
- @buckmarble for helping on a lot of random issues. :good:
We would also like to thank
- CyanogenMod for their device specific files and drivers
- Anyone else who has ever submitted Open-Source code
- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook
OctOS-Galaxy S 4 variants, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4
Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Galaxy S 4 rooted with NON-SS recovery
Based On: AOSP
Beta Release Date: 2013-12-27
Last Updated 2014-01-12