FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Note 3 SM-N9005 RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1

186 posts
Thanks Meter: 36
 
By 1980aksoy, Senior Member on 12th December 2013, 10:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What is this mean???? RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1

ODIN MODE PRODUCT NAME: SM-N9005
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
Reactivation LOCK OFF
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT ENABLE
CSB RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1 WRITE PROTECTION
What is this mean
12th December 2013, 10:52 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980aksoy

What is this mean???? RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1

ODIN MODE PRODUCT NAME: SM-N9005
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
Reactivation LOCK OFF
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT ENABLE
CSB RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1 WRITE PROTECTION
What is this mean

Dont know but mine has
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE
15th December 2013, 05:26 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazeddy

Dont know but mine has
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE

My one also changed from QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT ENABLE to QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE after i flashed stock BTU rom over Unrooted Stock O2U rom
Just wondering what secureboot stands for? maybe it will help anyway to remove KNOX protection?
15th December 2013, 05:30 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Oddly enough mine is originally an o2u now btu

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gazeddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gazeddy Ad-Free
15th December 2013, 05:32 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazeddy

Dont know but mine has
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazeddy

Oddly enough mine is originally an o2u now btu

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is anyone know what secureboot is?
15th December 2013, 06:57 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980aksoy

What is this mean???? RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1
...

I believe S T R A and P might be the friendly names for some of the internal qfuses used by samsung, and secureboot is a different internal qualcomm non-volatile register (but that one can be changed, unlike the qfuses).

My own EU N9005 is S1, T1, R1, A1, P1 and also SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB).

The qfuses seem to matter in certain unlocking scenarios - there is a document somewhere that describes how reactivation lock can be removed by Samsung themselves and that involves writing specific firmware that is different depending on the above flags (with something like 3 major options if I remember correctly).

In the past (as recent as first generations of i9505 I believe) SECUREBOOT: ENABLE was only used when a locked bootloader (I believe mostly AT&T and VERIZON) was active. That has changed with Knox - a non-secured boot does not quite sound compatible with the way Knox is supposed to work - so I believe Samsung is now using most of the time SECUREBOOT: ENABLE and eventually enforcing some other/further restriction from inside the bootloader.

The presence of SECUREBOOT: NONE suggests a much, much wider degree of freedom, and possibly from this state it MIGHT be achievable to bring a device to a state very close to factory.

Unfortunately so far we only know that a knox 0x0 secureboot: ENABLE can go to knox 0x0 secureboot: NONE (but at this point it is very, very unclear how that was achieved - if anybody has more details please post those). It is NOT clear if a knox 0x1 secureboot: ENABLE can go to secureboot: NONE (from where I would assume that knox might be easier to reset, but I could be wrong).

I believe right now the bounty here is over 2500 USD to reset knox and over 1000 USD in a few other Note 3 forums (I believe there are at least 5 major Note 3 forums), plus a huge amount of fame and karma so we might get to see some very interesting things on that subject
15th December 2013, 08:33 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

I believe S T R A and P might be the friendly names for some of the internal qfuses used by samsung, and secureboot is a different internal qualcomm non-volatile register (but that one can be changed, unlike the qfuses).

My own EU N9005 is S1, T1, R1, A1, P1 and also SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB).

The qfuses seem to matter in certain unlocking scenarios - there is a document somewhere that describes how reactivation lock can be removed by Samsung themselves and that involves writing specific firmware that is different depending on the above flags (with something like 3 major options if I remember correctly).

In the past (as recent as first generations of i9505 I believe) SECUREBOOT: ENABLE was only used when a locked bootloader (I believe mostly AT&T and VERIZON) was active. That has changed with Knox - a non-secured boot does not quite sound compatible with the way Knox is supposed to work - so I believe Samsung is now using most of the time SECUREBOOT: ENABLE and eventually enforcing some other/further restriction from inside the bootloader.

The presence of SECUREBOOT: NONE suggests a much, much wider degree of freedom, and possibly from this state it MIGHT be achievable to bring a device to a state very close to factory.

Unfortunately so far we only know that a knox 0x0 secureboot: ENABLE can go to knox 0x0 secureboot: NONE (but at this point it is very, very unclear how that was achieved - if anybody has more details please post those). It is NOT clear if a knox 0x1 secureboot: ENABLE can go to secureboot: NONE (from where I would assume that knox might be easier to reset, but I could be wrong).

I believe right now the bounty here is over 2500 USD to reset knox and over 1000 USD in a few other Note 3 forums (I believe there are at least 5 major Note 3 forums), plus a huge amount of fame and karma so we might get to see some very interesting things on that subject

I tried it on both of my notes 3.
After flashing with odin 3.07 stock BTU firmware over unrooted stock O2U firmware changes secureboot TO NONE but leaves knox 0x0. Hope this helps someone
15th December 2013, 09:07 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjka

I tried it on both of my notes 3.
After flashing with odin 3.07 stock BTU firmware over unrooted stock O2U firmware changes secureboot TO NONE but leaves knox 0x0. Hope this helps someone

Were the O2U phones also carrier-unlocked? What precise BTU firmware? Also, what configuration of flags did you have originally? What version of Odin was used?
15th December 2013, 09:10 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

Were the O2U phones also carrier-unlocked? What precise BTU firmware? Also, what configuration of flags did you have originally? What version of Odin was used?

the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before flashing.
15th December 2013, 09:14 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjka

the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before

as far as im aware my phone was always carrier unlocked. i never entered an unlock code. as for its original flags i dont know.

im running xxudmj7 now
15th December 2013, 09:20 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunjka

the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before flashing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gazeddy

as far as im aware my phone was always carrier unlocked. i never entered an unlock code. as for its original flags i dont know.

im running xxudmj7 now


Was the ROM file named BTU-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131106115521.zip ?

Any idea about the O2U firmware that was originally on the phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes