5,791 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By vijay555, Retired Moderator on 19th February 2006, 04:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2006, 12:25 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey

I have uploaded an updated CAB file for VJ Candela. It automatically adds Hardware Button support. Just Press the "Flash Light" Button for it to switch on, and let go and it'll switch off. I'm waiting on VJ's reply to see if he will release no GUI version.
Attached Files
File Type: cab vj_candela.cab - [Click for QR Code] (100.0 KB, 940 views)
20th February 2006, 01:16 AM |#22  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moghisi101

I'm waiting on VJ's reply to see if he will release no GUI version.

I really hope vijay won't mind, but here's a GUI free version.
This just turns the light on and keeps it on till the backlight key is released.
Source is included.

As I don't have any place to put donations yet, and I'm not really in need of money anyway, I suggest that if you'd like to support this app, donate to vijay555
Attached Files
File Type: rar torchbutton.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.7 KB, 536 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheBlasphemer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheBlasphemer Ad-Free
20th February 2006, 02:38 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer

Something interesting, there are 4 other light-modes.

I don't know about the Universal, but on a Wizard ( any go on that one yet? ) if you turn on the flashlight, it's regularly on. If you then actually take the shot, the flashlight goes extra-bright for a fraction of a second, and then completely off. Might be what's used there?
20th February 2006, 02:48 AM |#24  
OP Retired Moderator
Witch Space

More
Guys, I've re-uploaded the cab, included VJCandelaLite and fixing some of the shortcuts.

VJCandelaLite has basically the same options as the original
Code:
Command Line Options   
 -on  Enable Torch 
 -off  Disable Torch 
 -about  Show about box
Otherwise, launching it directly will put it in hardware key mode. You'll get a tiny GUI to tell you it's on.

I suggest you use moghisi101's cab to enable the hardware key patch (depending on your device) and then install this. Or otherwise just assign it to any hardware key you choose. It will stay on until you release the key.

Night night all.

V
20th February 2006, 05:21 AM |#25  

More
Hey

Nice one VJ!!! Just what we wanted. BEAUTIFUL

I love my new $1000 Torch - Well Worth every last buck

Thanks again
20th February 2006, 05:50 AM |#26  

More
Hey Guys...

Sorry, I put that CAB File together so fast I didn't even test it. Looks like I made a mistake!!

I am now uploading a new one that works for sure!!

Please note this has only been tested on an Universal, but this should work on other devices as well... I think!?

Bye
Attached Files
File Type: cab vj_candela_lite.cab - [Click for QR Code] (12.1 KB, 678 views)
20th February 2006, 09:17 AM |#27  
OP Retired Moderator
Witch Space

More
moghisi101: good stuff, many thanks! I was going to do a seperate cab myself, but some users were already getting confused by the extra HWKey cab I had offered and foobarred up, so I thought I'd just leave it simple, and leave implementation to users...

V
20th February 2006, 09:26 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
k.. noob here... so all i need to do is:

1. download VJ Candela Lite.cab packed by moghisi101
2. copy it to my Exec ... install it... (but not in storage card)
3. holding down the light button to on... release to off?

errr.. i think i messed up my button assignment for the light button.. it is pointing to Contacts now.. ehehe... *blush* err... how do I assign it back to light? I cant find such an option.

and.. thanks VJ ... i only hope i can quickly understand all these stuff so I can enjoy all the useful apps you have made available.

Thank you for your time.
20th February 2006, 09:41 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what's the light button on the kjam?
20th February 2006, 09:59 AM |#30  
OP Retired Moderator
Witch Space

More
zsilak: this is basically for the Universal right now. I haven't had a Wizard/Kjam in my hands yet, so will have to have another look at it. The code is available for anyone who can get around to it before I can.
Regarding the button - the Universal has a dedicated and fairly useless backlight button, so there's a registry hack that permits use of this in the normal way, and thus it's logical to use it with a torch app.

limsy - try using VJCandelaLite. Assign it to a hardware button in Start > Settings > Buttons.
Choose the button you want to edit, and then choose the app you want to assign to it from the drop down list at the bottom of the screen.

V
20th February 2006, 10:25 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlasphemer

Something interesting, there are 4 other light-modes.

I don't know about the Universal, but on a Wizard ( any go on that one yet? ) if you turn on the flashlight, it's regularly on. If you then actually take the shot, the flashlight goes extra-bright for a fraction of a second, and then completely off. Might be what's used there?

Yep, same on the Universal, and that is indeed what it's doing while flashing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)