I have forked one of the app's released on GitHub by Fairphone/Kwamecorp, the Peace of Mind app. It's bascially an Airplane Mode with a timer.
We become more conscious of our phones as our lives become increasingly connected. Would you like to disconnect, if only for a moment? Your phone will go silent and disconnect from the world: no e-mail, no status updates, no SMS and no phone calls. Choose how long you wish to disconnect (up to 12 hours).
Released under the Apache License version 2.0. Source code and APK are available here https://github.com/mudar/Fairphone
For Android 4.2+ devices, the app requiers Root privileges to enable the Airplane Mode. On non-rooted phones (or if SU is declined) the app enables Silent Mode instead. This is due to security changes introduced by Google in Android SDK version 17.
Attached are two screen captures and the APK.
Read article on XDA's portal
Put Airplane Mode on a Schedule with Peace of Mind+ by @willverduzco
Check GitHub for the lastest version and version release history
- Restore sound to previous setting (bug fix)
- RootTools updated to version 3.4
- Enhanced tablet layout
- Fixed bug for some Android 4.3 devices
- Out of beta!
- Improved Widget layout
- DashClock extension added
- Restores previous ringerMode at the end of an Airplane-mode PeaceOfMind
- Added About dialog (in Settings)
- Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Russian translations, and completed other translations
- Fixed deep-sleep bug
- Improved timer accuracy
- Fixed videoplayback issue on some devices
- Nightly, fixing the deep-sleep bug.
- AirplaneMode enables SilentMode too, to avoid notifications
- Fixed SilentMode issue (would trigger AirplaneMode on some android versions)
- Fixed video animation playback issue
- Fixed minor timer issue (was running an extra minute)
- Settings to determine maximum duration (3, 6 or 12 hours) and disconnection mode (Airplane/Silent mode)
- Fixed layout issues and optimization!