★ ☆ [MOD] M7vzw OTA Killer | Recovery Flashable Zip ☆ ★

Search This thread

Robertjm

Dec 24, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
This work with your KitKat ROMs too?

I just went through and flashed your Odex Debloated KitKat ROM, and downloaded this to block the OTA from happening. However, I just noticed the last update of this is from December. Is it still OK to flash this on top of the KitKat ROM, or is that going to muck up things? (Or did you already "bake" it in by getting rid of some of the stuff in the debloat process?).

Thanks again!

Robert

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I just went through and flashed your Odex Debloated KitKat ROM, and downloaded this to block the OTA from happening. However, I just noticed the last update of this is from December. Is it still OK to flash this on top of the KitKat ROM, or is that going to muck up things? (Or did you already "bake" it in by getting rid of some of the stuff in the debloat process?).

Thanks again!

Robert

It should still work fine on KK.
But the debloated rom already has the OTA stuff removed.
Look in Settings > see anywhere to even check for a software update? No you won't... ;)
It's already been removed.

JSDragon

Dec 23, 2013
It should still work fine on KK.
But the debloated rom already has the OTA stuff removed.
Look in Settings > see anywhere to even check for a software update? No you won't... ;)
It's already been removed.

Thank you so much!!!!! Finally something that actually works to get rid of the OTA Thank you so much Santod045 you are the best!

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
Stock Un-Rooted HTC One..?

My husbands phone (which he refused to let me root when we had the chance, has been giving him a lot of grief with this latest OTA. It keeps downloading, attempting to install, and there errors 410 update failed, and exits software update. When I checked his phone after the latest attempt by the phone to install 4.4.3 to see if the download was still ON his device, it had disappeared with the failure of the update.

My question is, he's just sick of getting the prompt, error, and reboot - as a temp fix, can I push this OTA Killer onto his phone even though it isn't rooted and have it work, or do I need to find a signed RUU of the 4.4.3 and flash in bootloader (as I was originally planning on doing, but came across this...)

Thanks in advance!!!

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
My husbands phone (which he refused to let me root when we had the chance, has been giving him a lot of grief with this latest OTA. It keeps downloading, attempting to install, and there errors 410 update failed, and exits software update. When I checked his phone after the latest attempt by the phone to install 4.4.3 to see if the download was still ON his device, it had disappeared with the failure of the update.

My question is, he's just sick of getting the prompt, error, and reboot - as a temp fix, can I push this OTA Killer onto his phone even though it isn't rooted and have it work, or do I need to find a signed RUU of the 4.4.3 and flash in bootloader (as I was originally planning on doing, but came across this...)

Thanks in advance!!!

If he has a custom recovery installed, then it will work. Have you tried downloading the OTAzip to his SD card and running the ota directly from stock recovery?

Get into recovery, select install update from SD, select OTAzip.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using XDA Free mobile app

xenacick

Feb 28, 2014
Phoenix
If he has a custom recovery installed, then it will work. Have you tried downloading the OTAzip to his SD card and running the ota directly from stock recovery?

Get into recovery, select install update from SD, select OTAzip.

NO, no custom recovery installed, everything is 100% stock. He spent a good part of 3 hours with tech support with Verizon and HTC and they were both dumbfounded....go figure!

Problem is because it's a virtual SD, I have no way of verifying (without root) that it's even downloaded to the virtual one on the M7. Would it hurt anything to take a shot at it from stock recovery.....?

Or is there a link someone could suggest to a download to the OTApkg file?

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
NO, no custom recovery installed, everything is 100% stock. He spent a good part of 3 hours with tech support with Verizon and HTC and they were both dumbfounded....go figure!

Problem is because it's a virtual SD, I have no way of verifying (without root) that it's even downloaded to the virtual one on the M7. Would it hurt anything to take a shot at it from stock recovery.....?

Or is there a link someone could suggest to a download to the OTApkg file?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55244412
@dottat uploaded it to his android file host account.

(24ZyL0ko

Jun 3, 2015
would this help my problem??

I recently read a post, I don't know where now, but it had to do with a hidden Trojan/malware. That was started in 2013... After reading, thinking back to when this really started affecting me Feb,26, 2015. I noticed some strange things mentioned in my service log from around that date. The post mentioned how it places a high tracker in some obscure app. Unfortunately I got the bug, BAD!!! So not knowing about this until I made it worse by plugging my phone into my computer... I'm sure you can figure out the rest. My everything is screwed now. My HTC one m7, is the only device I can use period, now. I tried to root, and couldn't. Then downloaded another root checker, and it said my device was already rooted. Is there anything I can do(on my knees begging). This has to be the worst inter-web experience ever. Any and all ideas, advice, similar problems, links, and time are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Top Liked Posts