FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Are you still using ZGPAX ?

YES, I am

36 Vote(s)
80.00%
I Swtiched to the Gear, G Watch, or other Device

5 Vote(s)
11.11%
I no longer own a ZGPAX or Any other SmartWatch

4 Vote(s)
8.89%

[GUIDE] ZGPaX S5 :: [ROOT]+[MODS] :9/17/14::: Revert to StocK Tutorial***

1,266 posts
Thanks Meter: 487

Post Reply Email Thread

This thread is designed to organize ZGPAX Discussion.
I will begin by posting what i have learned and if others have mods or useful information, OP will be updated.
Please feel free to PM me, and drop a line. ADD ME ON FACEBOOK - all that is in my xda profile to the left

Also, if you are interested you can mail me your ZGPAX via USPS and i will root/ install the modification listed. For more Information PM me with your inquiry!
Also We can Skype/Video Call / Hangouts Video Call for the watches that i mod

Click image for larger version

Name:	zg.jpg
Views:	3610
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	2462185Click image for larger version

Name:	zg2.jpg
Views:	3244
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	2462186Click image for larger version

Name:	zg3.jpg
Views:	2856
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	2462187Click image for larger version

Name:	zg4.jpg
Views:	3528
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	2462188

Using Next Launcher 3D

[VIDEOS]

Running NEXT LAUNCHER 3D -

Tablet Talk Notification TEst / Misc Testing

Awesome ON / OFF Application

Stock Test Run

OTHER VIDEOS

Courtesy of
Shaolin95

ZGPAX Running Dreamcast Emulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmdEl9yAvI
ZGPAX Running Playstation - Tekken 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPNHKuWfbo
ZGPAX Playing Shinobi via M.A.M.E w/PS3 Controller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFyWJXZcLQ
ZGPAX Quadrant Standard Benchmark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUGlLVXJ77U

SOFT BRICK OR STUCK in a BOOTLOOP? REVERT TO STOCK
  • TWRP is required to use the following backup. Please make sure you still have it installed and are able to access it.
  • Download the stock OS backup Here http://www.4shared.com/zip/dxnYQfmpba/stock_zgpax.html
  • You need to be able to access your SD Card, if not you may need to use an external SD. Navigate to /SD Card/TWRP/Backup (or create the folder if it doesn't exist). Next you need to make a folder called Stock ZGPAX. Then your are going to place the files you downloaded here from the link above.
  • IF you cannot access your SD Card, try using an external MicroSD card. You will have to make the /TWRP/Backup Directory and Folder yourself... and then place the files in there manually.
  • Finally, you will REBOOT into TWRP and Navigate to the restore option. Look for your folder there and restore this backup.
ROOT
  • Just install "framaroot.apk or sideload to the watch's internal storage and install - Do not ask for links, just google it

RECOVERY

STOCK ANALOG CLOCK LOCKSCREEN / SCREENSAVER BYPASS
This will prevent the stock lockscreen analog clock and launcher from showing up when you press the power button to turn the screen off
Requirements: ADW or other 3rd party launcher/Root Access/RomToolbox/"NO LOCK" Free application on google play

• Be sure you have root, and you have already installed ADW or a 3rd party launcher and ROM TOOLBOX or equivalent.
  • Step 1: Download "NO LOCK" from play store... Yellow iPhone looking app icon. Or Bluetooth transfer / side-load application to internal storage and INSTALL
  • Step 2: Go into SETTINGS >> APPS >>> ALL TAB >> Navigate to COM.SZKCT.ACTIVITY and click on it >>> Force STOP & DISABLE if possible
  • OPTIONAL: If you would like this to stick after reboot: GO TO ROM TOOLBOX >> APP MANAGER >> ALL >>> Locate COM.SZKCT.ACTIVITY and FREEZE the package.

INVERTED GOOGLE PLAY STORE
Click image for larger version

Name:	play store inverted.jpg
Views:	3548
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	2488657

SMS & INCOMING CALL NOTIFICATIONS

Thus far, the only app i have verified to work RELIABLY is TABLET TALK, which is currently $2.99 in the PLAY Store.
You may need to install PIE CONTROLS to have the MENU BUTTON functionality first. PIE is free in play store - Afterwards:

• Install on Both, android phone and the smart watch.
  • On the android phone you are using, setup the device in settings >> at the bottom >> The phone should be selected as PHONE
  • On the smart watch, go into the same settings menu at the bottom >> The device should be selected as tablet
  • On both devices, you should press the bluetooth icon.... Both will turn yellow, and then GREEN, when they paid. DONE!

PERFORMANCE

Using a TOOLBOX / RooT app (such as Rom TOOLBOX or Trickstermod) recommendations below to help performance and battery.
  • Scheduler --> Change I/O to DEADLINE - This will increase SD Card read Speeds --> The stock is CFG, Deadline is usually faster!
  • Governor ---> Try ON DEMAND Governor. Can help eliminate over-heating without sacrificing performance. Stock is Hybrid

XPOSED FRAMEWORK
  • .A number of apps will not fit within the visible area of the device without changing the DPI. Confirmed that Xposed and App settings works with the ZGPAX and can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2072081. For example, in the ADW popup dialog you cannot change screen borders or change wallpaper until you change the DPI to 100.
USEFULE APPS

Some useful good apps that install and work for this device. Will update frequently with your help:

• Battery Monitor Widget - This widget may help updating the battery percent and reflect more accurately at all times.
  • Awesome ON OFF - Similar to galaxy gear, turning the watch activates screen on, with vibrate
  • Shake Screen ON OFF by Freebooks - Simple shake to turn the screen on or off - no need to use home button
  • CPU SPY is good for monitoring deep sleep... in case you install an app that keeps the device awake.
  • ADW EX Launcher - 4x4 grid is perfect, runs smoothly, can stretch clock widgets and such
  • Active Apps - Good for clearing apps and Ram in one convenient location
  • DigiClock - Large 4x4 clock with built in themes
  • Frama Root - For quick rooting
  • Google Maps - Be sure to actually download and install from the playstore or it may not work
  • NO Lock - Removes lockscreen and you can sleep / wake watch from whichever home screen you left off at
  • PIE controls - So you don't have to always be hitting the hardware POWER and Back buttons... also allows many toggles
  • ROM TOOLBOX - All root tools, file explorer, boot animation etc etc
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to BigBison420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigBison420 Ad-Free

18th December 2013, 08:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
thanks for your works
i wainting arrive my device
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adonleice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adonleice Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 08:47 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Volume Change
Since mine isn't here yet, I guess someone else can test this. It's from the Joe's Tech Review website and it's for a different model, but it might work.

Z1 smart watch phone Engineering code. (Bas Advalvas)

INCREASE CALL VOLUME: found it!

Finally found it. And it's easy! Call sound value is too low on the Z1, 1 of it's main drawbacks.
■Start the phone dialer and dial: *#*#8787#*#* This will start Engineer Mode on de the Z1.
■Select Audio, then Normal Mode. Choose the 'type' Speech, change the value 6 into 0 (that's the loudest) and press Set.
■Press the Back button once. Now select LoudSpeaker Mode. Choose the 'type' Speech, change the value 24 (?) into 10 (on my Z1, the value 0 made the sound very soft, probably because of the system that prevents feedbacklooping from speaker to microphone (how you call this?)) and press Set. Press the Back Button a few times to leave Engineer Mode.

That's all! The standard call volume increases a bit (40%?), but the handsfree volume (which is otherwise about the same as the standard) inceases a lot (150%?) AND the annoying interference sound is now gone!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drayke5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drayke5 Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 02:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayke5

Since mine isn't here yet, I guess someone else can test this. It's from the Joe's Tech Review website and it's for a different model, but it might work.

Z1 smart watch phone Engineering code. (Bas Advalvas)

INCREASE CALL VOLUME: found it!

Finally found it. And it's easy! Call sound value is too low on the Z1, 1 of it's main drawbacks.
■Start the phone dialer and dial: *#*#8787#*#* This will start Engineer Mode on de the Z1.
■Select Audio, then Normal Mode. Choose the 'type' Speech, change the value 6 into 0 (that's the loudest) and press Set.
■Press the Back button once. Now select LoudSpeaker Mode. Choose the 'type' Speech, change the value 24 (?) into 10 (on my Z1, the value 0 made the sound very soft, probably because of the system that prevents feedbacklooping from speaker to microphone (how you call this?)) and press Set. Press the Back Button a few times to leave Engineer Mode.

That's all! The standard call volume increases a bit (40%?), but the handsfree volume (which is otherwise about the same as the standard) inceases a lot (150%?) AND the annoying interference sound is now gone!!!

The speaker is incredibly loud... and being that you haven't actually received your zgpax, i don't think you will need any volume increase.
19th December 2013, 08:07 PM |#5  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Would you describe some of the customization you've performed with ADW-EX in order to get such a great look? I haven't used the pay version before, so perhaps it is a silly question, but how did you get such large icons on the main page?
19th December 2013, 09:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm considering buying this watch. Two questions:
1. How does it handle notifications from my phone?
2. Can I use Bluetooth to connect my phone to it since I don't want to put my SIM card in there?
19th December 2013, 10:21 PM |#7  
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
zNiiC,

Check out this other thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2507033&page=8

To answer your questions directly, not yet. It is designed to be a stand-alone device (that being said it may happen eventually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zNiiC

I'm considering buying this watch. Two questions:
1. How does it handle notifications from my phone?
2. Can I use Bluetooth to connect my phone to it since I don't want to put my SIM card in there?

19th December 2013, 10:28 PM |#8  

More
Yea I've seen that thread. Could you possibly tie your smartphone to this watch with some sort of app to recieve notifications on it?
19th December 2013, 10:38 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzSnitz

zNiiC,

Check out this other thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2507033&page=8

To answer your questions directly, not yet. It is designed to be a stand-alone device (that being said it may happen eventually).

Apparently the manufacturer is still working on making this possible..... I've tried a lot of apps so far with no luck

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
19th December 2013, 10:43 PM |#10  

More
Humm. Bummer. I think I read somewhere that someone used mysms. Not sure if it was in the other thread or for a different watch.
19th December 2013, 10:58 PM |#11  
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
If you really want to make it happen, you can use Tasker, Zapier and Pushover to do the job. Here's a useful explanation intended for a different application. Bottom line: if you expect to transmit more than 100 notifications per month, you'll have to shell out some ridiculous money.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)